Whose Better: John Wayne or Clint Eastwood?

Whose Better: John Wayne or Clint Eastwood?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Well holy Christ Cmm, I was talking about relating to who and what a "cowboy" is and I got your life story... :lol:

I've been from San Diego to Great Falls, Montana and all parts in between. I've driven it, hiked it and lived in it, so I don't feel as though you have some sort of western advantage on me about the mountains. No I don't scale insane mountain faces with a rope hanging off my ass, but I see no point in it either. It's a dangerous waste of effort. The park service was always getting called to rescue some dumb ass climber or green horn off a mountain in Arizona, many of which had already fallen and hurt themselves and couldn't continue.

But perhaps Clint's acting in his larger than life westerns in just something you can't relate to, in any sense, so your opinion of that reflects that. Myself, I have a cowboy for a nephew. I lived in Montana in a tiny little town where "real" cowboys hung out... miners, loggers, drunkard's, you name it. I know who these people are and my suspicion is you don't, so when I watch Clint in these roles, I know he could step right into any part of these people's lives and blend right in. He's the real deal. He's not some lard assed little yuppie wanna be from Vail.

But yeah, we probably could get drunker'n seven barrels of buffalo shit in some little out of the way dive on hwy 50, and we might beat the shit out of each other, but I do agree, we'd probably enjoy the devil out of it and wind up back slapping pards.

Pale, I'm a huge Clint Eastwood fan because I relate to the characters he portrays.

I've lived from San Diego to North Carolina and grew up in the West. I was with an Alaskan bush pilot and a horse-packer (and she's one tough chick) for several years. My best friend served in Bosnia in the 10th Mountain Division and now works for the 10th Mountain Division Hut System here in Colorado and he's one of the toughest men I've ever met. I lived in a little mountain mining town named Leadville, where real mountain men, old miners, old bikers, lots of drunks and a few ranchers still live. I know these people and they called me their friend, so your suspicion is wrong. And I wouldn't put up with some candy-ass little snowboard punk from Vail; I can't stand Vail and all the millionaire wanna be's and there spoiled snowboard punk kids that live there. Same with Boulder and all the liberal-wanna be's there who are liberal cause they think its cool, not because they really know or believe what it means.

I've never been rescued. But, I have rescue insurance just in case so I don't cost millions in tax payer dollars to recover my lifeless body from the bottom of some mountain face. Just like the kind you can purchase when you get your hunting or fishing license. And I wouldn't call rescue because they're usually incompetent anyway. If I break my femur miles in the backcountry, I'll crawl out. And if I can't make it, I'll die, and I'm just fine with that because without the risk there's no point in doing it. However, those crazy fuckin' bikers that ride suicidally, causing accidents where they usually die...its a dangerous waste of effort.

You've lived in Montana, huh? I'm thinking of moving to Montana. No, not Missoula. Kalispell. Know anything about that area? I'm sick of all the people here in Denver. All the city folks, the homeless that constantly spare change me, the never-ending stream of crackheads and drunks, the suits, the scene-sters, and all the damn "hikers" in their REI outfits that they bought in Boulder and the Clif bars that they eat that crowd the mountains. I just wear clothes that I bought at the thrift store, and eat a balogna sandwich on the summit of whichever mountain I'm climbing. Seems like Montana's the place to go to get away from these people and still live in the mountains. And there's wolves and grizzlies and huge expanses of untouched wilderness.

The only way you'd know I was a liberal if you met me is if you heard me bashing huge corporations, the GOP, the Democrats (cause I'm way more liberal than those pussies), people who drive Hummers, racists, rednecks, and religion. And I'm trying to be better about bashing religion. I hate PC, I hate stereotypical hippies, and new age bullshit.

• Thanks
Reactions: 007
eastwood all the way! Never got into John Wayne, probably because all his movies were made before I was born.

Well holy Christ Cmm, I was talking about relating to who and what a "cowboy" is and I got your life story... :lol:

I've been from San Diego to Great Falls, Montana and all parts in between. I've driven it, hiked it and lived in it, so I don't feel as though you have some sort of western advantage on me about the mountains. No I don't scale insane mountain faces with a rope hanging off my ass, but I see no point in it either. It's a dangerous waste of effort. The park service was always getting called to rescue some dumb ass climber or green horn off a mountain in Arizona, many of which had already fallen and hurt themselves and couldn't continue.

But perhaps Clint's acting in his larger than life westerns in just something you can't relate to, in any sense, so your opinion of that reflects that. Myself, I have a cowboy for a nephew. I lived in Montana in a tiny little town where "real" cowboys hung out... miners, loggers, drunkard's, you name it. I know who these people are and my suspicion is you don't, so when I watch Clint in these roles, I know he could step right into any part of these people's lives and blend right in. He's the real deal. He's not some lard assed little yuppie wanna be from Vail.

But yeah, we probably could get drunker'n seven barrels of buffalo shit in some little out of the way dive on hwy 50, and we might beat the shit out of each other, but I do agree, we'd probably enjoy the devil out of it and wind up back slapping pards.

Pale, I'm a huge Clint Eastwood fan because I relate to the characters he portrays.

I've lived from San Diego to North Carolina and grew up in the West. I was with an Alaskan bush pilot and a horse-packer (and she's one tough chick) for several years. My best friend served in Bosnia in the 10th Mountain Division and now works for the 10th Mountain Division Hut System here in Colorado and he's one of the toughest men I've ever met. I lived in a little mountain mining town named Leadville, where real mountain men, old miners, old bikers, lots of drunks and a few ranchers still live. I know these people and they called me their friend, so your suspicion is wrong. And I wouldn't put up with some candy-ass little snowboard punk from Vail; I can't stand Vail and all the millionaire wanna be's and there spoiled snowboard punk kids that live there. Same with Boulder and all the liberal-wanna be's there who are liberal cause they think its cool, not because they really know or believe what it means.

I've never been rescued. But, I have rescue insurance just in case so I don't cost millions in tax payer dollars to recover my lifeless body from the bottom of some mountain face. Just like the kind you can purchase when you get your hunting or fishing license. And I wouldn't call rescue because they're usually incompetent anyway. If I break my femur miles in the backcountry, I'll crawl out. And if I can't make it, I'll die, and I'm just fine with that because without the risk there's no point in doing it. However, those crazy fuckin' bikers that ride suicidally, causing accidents where they usually die...its a dangerous waste of effort.

You've lived in Montana, huh? I'm thinking of moving to Montana. No, not Missoula. Kalispell. Know anything about that area? I'm sick of all the people here in Denver. All the city folks, the homeless that constantly spare change me, the never-ending stream of crackheads and drunks, the suits, the scene-sters, and all the damn "hikers" in their REI outfits that they bought in Boulder and the Clif bars that they eat that crowd the mountains. I just wear clothes that I bought at the thrift store, and eat a balogna sandwich on the summit of whichever mountain I'm climbing. Seems like Montana's the place to go to get away from these people and still live in the mountains. And there's wolves and grizzlies and huge expanses of untouched wilderness.

The only way you'd know I was a liberal if you met me is if you heard me bashing huge corporations, the GOP, the Democrats (cause I'm way more liberal than those pussies), people who drive Hummers, racists, rednecks, and religion. And I'm trying to be better about bashing religion. I hate PC, I hate stereotypical hippies, and new age bullshit.

Yeah we'd get along. I've also lived east, from Florida to Wisconsin. Love West Virginia. I love little towns, road house taverns, back roads, isolated places and somewhere where there isn't any other people around, for MILES. Montana is a good place for that. My older sister has lived in the Madison Valley in Montana for almost 40 years. You couldn't get her out of there with ten tons of dynamite. She loves it. I lived there two different times. When I got used to all the different characters out there, when I did move away I felt as though all the people I was coming in contact with were "fake." I can distinctly remember that, and I still think that of city people. The population of the little burg I live in here in bumfuck, southern Wisconsin is only 1400 and change, and it's as big of a town as I'd ever want to live in at this point in my life, after living in Phoenix, Las Vegas, Tampa, Reno, etc.. They can have it.

Good talk Cmm... :beer:

Last edited:

Forum List

Back