Who's Who @ USMB

Procrustes Stretched

And you say, "Oh my God, am I here all alone?"
Dec 1, 2008
Positively 4th Street
[MENTION=21357]SFC Ollie[/MENTION] [MENTION=23424]syrenn[/MENTION]
Welcome SFC Ollie.

Hi SFC Ollie, thank you for being the first interview in the Who's Who. From your screen name I take it that you are a military man. How has that service colored your life?

SFC = Sergeant First Class, The Military was my life and continues to greatly influence my life. I still serve in the American Legion and a United Veterans Council.

That must be very time consuming and rewarding. If you had to take one memory away from the military, what would that be?
Forget one thing or remember only one thing? Either one would be difficult if not impossible to pin down...

LOL... Fair enough SFC Ollie.... fair enough.

What is it you enjoy doing in your spare time to relax?. Anything fun or exciting you would like to share with us?
Relax? What is this relax? Seriously I enjoy almost everything. From taking care of Mrs. O to breaking up while doing a speech, to spending a morning fishing and not catching a thing. What I don't enjoy is writing the speeches I give..

I hear you SFC Ollie, I don't enjoy making speeches either! And what is not to love about a good fishing story, do you have any funny ones?
Lots of things are fishy about fishing stories. But I am a Lifetime member of the North American Fishing club, so I've got some stories... The day my son caught the same fish in less than 10 minutes.And that was the same day he pulled in a 3 lb catfish because somehow the fish had got the line wrapped around it's tail.

Then of course there's always the day Brother went into the water while trying to start the old pull me motor on a boat that wouldn't go faster than 5 MPH. Never did figure out how he went over the motor while he was supposed to be pulling the rope away from the motor. Might have been the Bud,,,,,

Oh my, beer and boats..... lol. Are you a catch and release man, or a catch them and eat them man? If you are the eat them kind of man, how do you like them prepared the best?

Both, depending on the day and what gets caught. I think the best fish I ever had was when I went fishing with a bunch of hillbillies in Missouri. We went catfishing on the Big Piney river. All night we fished and kept a fire going. About 5 AM one of the guys said to bank the fire, let it go to coals. 2 other guys grabbed about 2 dozen of the catfish (All of them were over 3 pounds) and started cleaning them. Another guy (The one that invited me along went to his car and got a bushel of raw corn on the cob out of the trunk.
It was about 5:45 when their wives/girlfriends started to show up for breakfast.
We had catfish wrapped in aluminum foil, with butter and salt & Pepper, and the corn was simply set into the cols still in the husks.
The best catfish and the sweetest corn i've ever had........

That sounds delicious! Is there anything you would like to add as part of the who's who get to know you? Something we all may not know about you?

Most of my life is an open book, as can be seen when they tracked me down when I was in the hospital. There are periods of my service that I refuse to talk about still, even though the time limit on the classifications is probably expired. I'm very pro veteran. No one else alive today ever volunteered to give up their life and freedom for yours. They are to be respected and when need be, cared for.

I'll tell you one war story from Desert Storm. I almost never talk about things like this. First off understand that I was never there. That is officially and legally, sort of never there. My platoon was in Germany and we had a Communications support mission there, But when Desert Shield started They split my platoon and sent half of them to Saudi. Well i knew when the shit started my guys would move forward with the front lines keeping communications in, and in a desert i wasn't sure i trusted any lines. I was worried about my kids who were there without me.

To keep it short My SGM got on me about my attitude and figured out what was bugging me. At his unofficial suggestion i drove up to Rhien main AFB and used my old courier orders to get on the next plane to Saudi. I got a vehicle and weapon from a first Sergeant i knew who was with the 82nd ABN Signal. ANd I went out in search of my troops who were scattered for 150 miles 3 man teams in their vans and pulling their generators.

Desert Storm had started when i caught up to one of the teams and thats where those three troops decided their Sergeant was super man. There was a burst of fire from a sand dune maybe 100 yards from us that hit the side of the van maybe 5 ft from where we were talking.

Those troops swear that I went up and over the van and crawled back under it to return fire before they even had hit the sand. There was an infantry company less than a half mile away and they were there within minutes. They opened up on that sand dune with M203 grenades and 2 m60 machine guns, you could see the sand dune shrinking.

They turned about 5 Iraqis into hamburger in a matter of minutes.
3 days later I was back on a plane to Germany as i had promised the SGM I would be. But i had talked with each of my troops and that was the only ones that came under fire during the whole war. Pretty strange.

Thank you [MENTION=21357]SFC Ollie[/MENTION] for sharing a bit of yourself in the Who's Who of USMB.
http://www.usmessageboard.com/members/sfc-ollie.html

Last edited:
back again and again: Let somebody else post an interview after this without spammer spamming the thread and we will get a real readable one

Last edited:
1. Interviewer: Dante, is that your real name?

Dante: No :cool:

2. Interviewer: What happened to those files you kept on members from all the forums you've been a member of?

Dante: I'd like to say 'no comment' but truth is they've been retired. Some lost, some degraded, and some misplaced.

3. Interviewer: Do you take message boarding seriously?

Dante: You don't really know Dante well if you ask that -- the answer is yes and no.

4. Interviewer: Why do you speak in the third person and do you do that in 'real' life??

Dante: Second part of that questions is a very intelligent observation. And the answer to that part is 'no' -- The first part of that question goes to posting style, posting tactics, and manipulation -- all in fun. Dante likes being Dante. Dante is not real. He's a character built over years on message boards/forums.

5. Interviewer: What was your favorite book as 13-16 year old.

Dante: Animal Farm/1984 toss up between the two

6. Interviewer: What is something Republicans might be surprised to know about you?

Dante: That Dante has good friends who are conservative and some who are registered Republicans and we agree on many things.

7. Interviewer: What is your favorite meal of the day?

Dante: Dante cooks his own meals every day. He's a good cook and loves all meals. Breakfast is most important, lunch is usually fun, and dinner is often very good. But thinking on it, I have to say breakfast no matter how simple is best because it is the start of a new day.

8. Interviewer: Do you ave any pets?

Dante: Nope.

9. Interviewer: Name three books that influenced how you think or feel about life.

Dante: Mount Analogue: A Novel of Symbolically Authentic Non-Euclidean Adventures in Mountain Climbing - René Daumal ... The Masks of God/The Hero With a Thousand Faces - Joseph Campbell {two set gift in 1983/1984} ... The Denial of Death - Ernest Becker

10. Interviewer: What prompted your interest in politics?

Dante: Boston born and raised where politics is a blood sport, and with an awareness of family connections to the Newspaper business and a keen interest in reading up on current events as a very young and precocious child.

11. Interviewer: Ever met anyone from a message board in real life?

Dante: Yes.

12. Interviewer: If you had control of usmb for one day, would you ban anyone, close any forums or threads?

Dante: No and no

13. Interviewer: Finish this sentence There are two kinds of people those who like ___________ and dirty f'n liars.

Dante: "There are two kinds of people, those who like walk through life without a clue and dirty f'n liars.

-------------------------

13 questions

Dante will go back and answer questions here in this post, so if you use this in a reply you will lose out. You'll have to come back to it. Questions must be sent by PM

2. Interviewer: What happened to those files you kept on members from all the forums you've been a member of?

Dante: I'd like to say 'no comment' but truth is they've been retired. Some lost, some degraded, and some misplaced.

Dante: You don't really know Dante well if you ask that -- the answer is yes and no.

4. Interviewer: Why do you speak in the third person and do you do that in 'real' life??

Dante: Second part of that questions is a very intelligent observation. And the answer to that part is 'no' -- The first part of that question goes to posting style, posting tactics, and manipulation -- all in fun. Dante likes being Dante. Dante is not real. He's a character built over years on message boards/forums.

6. Interviewer: What is something Republicans might be surprised to know about you?

Dante: That Dante has good friends who are conservative and some who are registered Republicans and we agree on many things.

Dante: Dante cooks his own meals every day. He's a good cook and loves all meals. Breakfast is most important, lunch is usually fun, and dinner is often very good. But thinking on it, I have to say breakfast no matter how simple is best because it is the start of a new day.

9. Interviewer: Name three books that influenced how you think or feel about life.

Dante: Mount Analogue: A Novel of Symbolically Authentic Non-Euclidean Adventures in Mountain Climbing - René Daumal ... The Masks of God/The Hero With a Thousand Faces - Joseph Campbell {two set gift in 1983/1984} ... The Denial of Death - Ernest Becker

Dante: Boston born and raised where politics is a blood sport, and with an awareness of family connections to the Newspaper business and a keen interest in reading up on current events as a very young and precocious child.

12. Interviewer: If you had control of usmb for one day, would you ban anyone, close any forums or threads?

13. Interviewer: Finish this sentence There are two kinds of people those who like ___________ and dirty f'n liars.

Dante: "There are two kinds of people, those who like walk through life without a clue and dirty f'n liars.

13 questions

Dante will go back and answer questions here in this post, so if you use this in a reply you will lose out. You'll have to come back to it. Questions must be sent by PM

Dante was gone 5 1/2 years at this point:

13 questions

13 questions

.??_???

Go hang out with Liability -- he's feeling very lonely and butthurt
Or, one can read anything posted by Rhe Dainty, if one is interested in seeing compulsive dishonesty on perpetual display.

The Dainty is very badly butthurt lately. His usual obsession over me is getting worse. Even on a necromanced thread featuring his narcissism.

Or, one can read anything posted by Rhe Dainty, if one is interested in seeing compulsive dishonesty on perpetual display.

The Dainty is very badly butthurt lately. His usual obsession over me is getting worse. Even on a necromanced thread featuring his narcissism.
Good gawd you're pathetic.

give it up loser

Forum List

Back