Who's the real Hero: Bush or "war hero" Kerry?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by mongo, Jul 29, 2004.

1. mongo

mongo Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    There's a lot of liberal blather about Kerry being a so-called "war hero" even though most of his crew dispute that designation. And Clinton distorts the truth about how our President Bush and Vice President Cheney could have "volunteered" and chose not to serve in Vietnam. What a hypocrite. Clinton was in Moscow! Our President Bush served his country honorably in the Air National Guard. That's more than the brave Clinton did. The real hero is our President Bush, who won the war with Johnny Walker, and substituted the wisdom of Jesus over Johnny. Any recovering alcoholic who beats the bottle is a "real hero" in my book.

2. TheOne

TheOne Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    Some of his didn't screw up our first lives and didn't need to be "born" again. I guess we aren't brave? What kind of a responsible person goes out with buddies and drinks himself into a stupor while his wife slaves over raising baby twin girls? That is a true coward.

3. freeandfun1

freeandfun1 VIP Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +296
    I think a "fuck you" is in order here. Usually the libs are the first to commend people for overcoming addictions such as alcholism. I had a problem with it too, and I ain't no coward.

You are a blathering fucking asshole.

4. tpahl

tpahl Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3
    The answer is neither are heros. they are both politicians looking for power.

5. DKSuddeth

DKSuddeth Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +62
    I have to say that I wouldn't want an addiction coming back to bite me in the ass like that either, especially one I had beat over a decade ago.

6. Jimmyeatworld

Jimmyeatworld Silver Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +223
    So facing your problems, fighting your problems, and defeating your problems makes you a coward? There are millions that would disagree with you.

I will ask you this: What kind of responsible person calls soldiers war criminals when they are still crawling around in the jungle?

7. HGROKIT

HGROKIT Active Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +19
    Hey fuck face - I am a recovering alcoholic - I have served -I have twin sons. I've been reading your shit on here for the last two days and have kept quiet, but you are a freakin' loser to the inth degree. I am neither a coward, nor have I screwed up my life. I have made mistakes and have been blessed that they have been forgiven.

Freeandfun1 spoke volumes in his post regarding heroism in addiction. Not everyone has the guts to admit they have a problemn and do something about it. The cowardly way out is to continue with the addictive behavior or commit suicide.

You speak of responsibility as if you own the copyrights for it. However, the attitude and demeanor you display in making your point of view know indicates otherwise.

You suck.

8. TheOne

TheOne Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    Awwww....you want pity from the liberals when you can't quite live up to the "rugged indivdualism" your party demands. Nobody gives a shit about your weakness. Fucking loser.

9. TheOne

TheOne Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    You are a weak loser who chose to drink your problems in life away rather than deal with them in a responsible manner. I have no pity for your stupidity. You aren't brave, you ARE a coward who poisoned your body and got addicted to a chemical even though you had the responsibility to your children not to.

The majority of us are wise enough to know not to waste our lives on alcohol or drugs because we see what it does to fools like you.

You have served? So what. So have I. I still am serving. I have four kids and you know what, I will never be stupid enough to cop out and become an alcoholic instead of keeping my nose to the grindstone and being a great father and citizen. You want pity? What happened to "rugged individualism"?

You'll get no pity from me. Alcoholics are a cancer on society. They kill people in their cars and they wreck their families and their kids suffer. You should be ashamed of yourself for your weakness.

A recovering alcoholic is no different than a recovering child molester to me. I don't trust them as far as I can spit.

10. tpahl

tpahl Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3
    The GOP gave up on individualism a long time ago. The rugged individualism is now a trademark of the Libertarian Party.