Who's The Guy In Charge, Again.....??

Poltiicochick how is it that you can spot so much but never post anything of intelligence?

Whether my posts are 'intelligent' or not remains in the 'eye of the beholder.'

Your limitations prevent you from making said determination.

Go back to school....

Your post is the usual untrue sophmoric tripe.

I’d love to hear the rest of your rant, but I’m very busy…I have several more quarters to flip.
Bushes last budget year saw a deficit of 1.4trillion which equaled more then 10% of GDP
Since then the deficit has fallen by around 100billion and now equals 9% of GDP.
Also Bush started with a budget surplus that equaled around 2% of GDP
US Federal Deficit by Year - Charts Analysis
SO like always you are a clueless partisan hack
The Clinton surplus is a myth.
Never happened.
Not surprising that you believe it, though.

Yea its nto surprising that I believe in reality and you reject it

Bushes last budget year saw a deficit of 1.4trillion which equaled more then 10% of GDP
Since then the deficit has fallen by around 100billion and now equals 9% of GDP.
Never happened.

Clinton surplus?

Never happened.

I may have been in error suggesting that you go back to school...
...change that to home for the criminally insane.

Has already shown your OP was ignorant inaccruate and stupid pretty much just like everything you post

Actually under Obama the deficit has decreased far better then Bush taking a surplus and turning it into a trillion dollar deficit
But i realiszxe that you are to stupid to see reality so g on

I’d love to hear the rest of your rant, but I’m very busy…I have several more quarters to flip.
Bushes last budget year saw a deficit of 1.4trillion which equaled more then 10% of GDPSince then the deficit has fallen by around 100billion and now equals 9% of GDP.

The 2009 budget deficit includes the collapse of the financial markets, (thanks to mostly liberal polices). The financial market bailout was also mostly paid back of course Obama spent it

Bushes last budget year saw a deficit of 1.4trillion which equaled more then 10% of GDPSince then the deficit has fallen by around 100billion and now equals 9% of GDP.

The 2009 budget deficit includes the collapse of the financial markets, (thanks to mostly liberal polices). The financial market bailout was also mostly paid back of course Obama spent it
ROTFL only the clueless think deregulation was a liberal policy

The subprime mortgage debacle was a democrat scheme, and Fannie and Freddie is still a democrat crony organization

Never happened.

Sure... So is the recession, the Bush, Reagan, and Obama deficits. By god, I think you're right. Everything is just a myth and you can just believe whatever you want. 1+1 = 3 and Santa Clause and the Easter Bunny live in an underground crystal palace in the north pole with Superman.

Oh, and Ann Coutler does her research. Yeah, that's a good one.

The subprime mortgage debacle was a democrat scheme, and Fannie and Freddie is still a democrat crony organization

Fannie and Freddie had nothing to do with the crises, in fact if banks performed the same way Fannie and Freddie did there would not of been a crises
Things Everyone In Chicago Knows - NYTimes.com
The Myth of Fannie Mae, Freddie Mac, Barney Frank, the Housing Bubble and the Recession « The Long Goodbye
So thanks for proving your immense ignorance about the topic

The president president always gets the credit when times are good, and all the blame when times are bad....

....Not that i'm excusing the current administration for failing to cut back on the deficit.

Fannie and Freddie had nothing to do with the crises, in fact if banks performed the same way Fannie and Freddie did there would not of been a crises
Things Everyone In Chicago Knows - NYTimes.com
The Myth of Fannie Mae, Freddie Mac, Barney Frank, the Housing Bubble and the Recession « The Long Goodbye
So thanks for proving your immense ignorance about the topic

Are Fannie and Freddie innocent of causing the mortgage crisis?

This we do know: Thanks to the widespread belief that the federal government would bail them out, Fannie and Freddie were able to borrow money at below-market interest rates.

This gave them a significant competitive advantage over private-sector firms which, by 1992, the two government-backed corporate entities had turned into an almost 70 percent share in the mortgage securitization market.

That same year, at the direction of the Congress, the Department of Housing and Urban Development began setting "affordable" mortgage goals for the agencies.

Countrywide was a growing force in the mortgage industry when it partnered with Fannie in 1992. But after Mozilo's firm secured a steady government buyer for their loans, business exploded. Revenues went from $92 million in 1992, to $860 million in 1996, to $2 billion in 2000. By 2004, they were the nation's largest mortgage lender.

The secret to Countrywide's success was no mystery: They shredded standard industry lending practices, giving home loans to virtually anybody who asked. Fannie Mae not only knew this, Fannie rewarded it.

In 2000, the Fannie Mae Foundation honored Countrywide for "Outstanding Achievement" in the industry. The foundation's 2000 annual report noted: "When necessary -- in cases where applicants have no established credit history, for example -- Countrywide uses nontraditional credit, a practice now accepted by [Fannie]."

Countrywide continued to be the biggest supplier of loans to Fannie Mae all the way through the height of the housing boom. In 2004, 26 percent of the loans Fannie bought were from Countrywide. In 2007, that number had risen to 28 percent.

In his 1993 Nobel Prize lecture, economist Douglass North said, "If the institutional framework rewards piracy, then piratical organizations will come into existence; and if the institutional framework rewards productive activities then organizations -- firms -- will come into existence to engage in productive activities."

From 1992 through the height of the housing bubble, Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac used their monopoly position in the mortgage securitization industry to reward firms like Countrywide for making bad bets in the housing market. Countrywide's success was a signal to other market participants to lower their standards as well.

How Fannie led mortgage market to collapse | Campaign 2012 | Washington Examiner

Forum List

Back