Who's the furthest right of the repubican field?

Most right of the republican field

• Ron paul

Votes: 4 22.2%
  • Newt Gingrich

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Perry

Votes: 3 16.7%
  • Santorum

Votes: 11 61.1%

• Total voters

ScienceRocks

Democrat all the way!
Mar 16, 2010
The Good insane United states of America
who do you feel is the most right?

Ron Paul
Santorum
Newt Gingrich
Perry

My opinion
Santorum is the most socially right wing. He wants to use the federal government to make it law! It should to as far as I'm concern.
Ron Paul is the most consitutional as he would give the power to the states.
Newt Gingrich is likely the most educated and has a history of making it so. Sometimes being effective is important, but I doubt he is as far right as the two above overall.

Last edited:

Ron Paul
Santorum
Newt Gingrich
Perry

My opinion
Santorum is the most socially right wing. He wants to use the federal government to make it law! It should to as far as I'm concern.
Newt Gingrich is likely the most educated and has a history of making it so. Sometimes being effective is important, but I doubt he is as far right as the two above overall.

I agree about Santorum. But Paul knows nothing about the constitution. If the power was supposed to be with the states, we'd still be living under the Articles of Confederation. Reality Check: the constitution is what the Court has said it is...

Huntsman is the smartest. Newt is what stupid people think a smart person is supposed to sound like. And he wasn't effective, if you listen to the people who worked with him, he wouldn't have done any of the things that were done by that congress except that he was pushed by congress and the president. What he DID do was change the nature of political dialogue... and not for the better.

Romney is fairly benign.... if he doesn't decide he's beholden to the radical religious right.

I think Santorum is also but I'm thinkin at this point Romney has the nomination...

If over time Romney learns how to hold the audience like Reagan or Clinton could, he'll win in 2012.

Obama has proven too blatantly dishonest and exclusively politically motivated to be taken seriously anymore.

why not just say I hate obama all the time instead of pretending Obama lied to you.

Santorum is the most right wing.

The recent cacus showed just how split the republican party is.

None of their feild can beat obama in a one to one race

why not just say I hate obama all the time instead of pretending Obama lied to you.

I don't hate Obama, from my perspective he's just a lousy President for more than half of the country.

I can't think of anyone I actually hate..or dislike for that matter.

Last edited:
Hard to say, I think Santorum, Perry and Newt are very socially right wing. Maybe Paul shouldn't be in the scenario. I don't think he is right wing, he just uses the primary party to run.

Ron Paul
Santorum
Newt Gingrich
Perry

My opinion

I agree about Santorum. But Paul knows nothing about the constitution. If the power was supposed to be with the states, we'd still be living under the Articles of Confederation. Reality Check: the constitution is what the Court has said it is...

Huntsman is the smartest. Newt is what stupid people think a smart person is supposed to sound like. And he wasn't effective, if you listen to the people who worked with him, he wouldn't have done any of the things that were done by that congress except that he was pushed by congress and the president. What he DID do was change the nature of political dialogue... and not for the better.

Romney is fairly benign.... if he doesn't decide he's beholden to the radical religious right.

Nice. :)

I don't hate Obama, from my perspective he's just a lousy President for more than half of the country.

repetedly saying soneone lied when they didnt lie is hate.

You may not be able to understand your own hate but it comes accrossed very clearly

Oh Lumpy BTW you and the people who agree with you ARE NOT half the country.

repetedly saying soneone lied when they didnt lie is hate.

You may not be able to understand your own hate but it comes accrossed very clearly

Settle down there.. and use spell check...:lol:

It's your perspective that needs adjustment. I'm just fine...

You take politics personally and refuse to accept others views with balance and understanding. To say Obama hasn't lied is shear denial and has nothing to do with hate, it's a reality you can't accept...that's your limiting factor to wisdom in regards to politics.

Last edited:

Ron Paul
Santorum
Newt Gingrich
Perry

My opinion

You lost all credibility with that statement you poor uneducated woman. You need to just shut up and let smarter people do the talking.

Of course one never knows for sure, since POLS tend to say one thing and do another.

But based on what the GOPer's are proposing?

I'd say Ron Paul's ECONOMIC proposals are the furthest right. (assuming one defines "right" as laisse faire economics)

Well to vote I would have to know what "Right wing" means... You could say Obama is "Left wing" but very many Democrats have come to hate him because he is so "Right wing" on things like wars, taxes, Patriot act and the NDAA that he passed...

My point is not to slam Obama it's to explain that the definitions are meaningless. For instance if all of what I said makes Obama "Right wing" then does that make Paul "Left wing?"

When someone says Righties or Leftie I usually see it as meaning that person caters to the blind (Bad)rhetoric that wins them "points" with that party, IE sellout. In that case Newt/Santorum/Mitt are tied as they all have changed their position on large issues to gain popularity, even when their positions are unconstitutional.

I honestly believe Paul to be by far the most moderate on the sage of either Democrats or Republicans because he follows the constitution (or at least attempts to) while balancing the budget. This is moderate to me because it should be the foundation for “The middle.” Now if the budget was balanced then yes, spending surpluses on Social things like HC might make you a “leftie” or spending surpluses on Defense might make you a “rightie,” but the middle ground should be to not overspend on an ideology. Paul is the only politician on the stage offering this, well outside of Gary Johnson who the Media kicked off the stage for polling as well as Huntsman/Perry/Bachman/Santorum/Newt/Cain before their “surge.”

I also believe Paul is the most moderate based off the fact that if you are capable of separating you hate for him (if you’re a Paul hater) he is by far the most appealing candidate to Reps/Dems/independents and this is simply fact. Now Paul might not “win” the majority of the support from either party, but his appeal goes far beyond being a sellout “rightie” or “leftie”.

Last edited:
Of course one never knows for sure, since POLS tend to say one thing and do another.

But based on what the GOPer's are proposing?

I'd say Ron Paul's ECONOMIC proposals are the furthest right. (assuming one defines "right" as laisse faire economics)

And this is my point, it's all on how you define "Right" in this case... Does Santorum win because he wants to control a woman's right to birth control, he wants bigger wars and to start new wars... That Santorum is an outright bigot daily on Gays and blacks? Or is Paul further to the "Right" because he wants a balanced budget and is willing to cut military and social programs to achieve this?

Oddly no matter if you are a Dem, Indy or Republican all claim they want a balanced budget, but neither "Main stream" candidates offer anything but more and new debt, none but Paul... Odd, huh?

paul is the most fiscally conservative (what use to be considered a right wing trait). heck, who else, on either side of the aisle, does anyone here have confidence in regarding reducing the size of government?

Santorum is a religious right nut job.

That's where his conservative cred ends.

Paul is the most conservative.

What is conservative?

To me libertarianism is more of a true conservatism while the social conservatism of the South is just our version of the Islamists in the middle east.

I don't personally consder that conservative at all but more religious statist.

Santorum is more a religious statist to me

Paul is more a conservative

Forum List

Back