Who's the best runningback in NCAA history?

• Hershel Walker

Votes: 1 16.7%
  • O.J. Simpson

• Archie Griffin

• Marcus Dupree

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Bo Jackson

• Other

Votes: 2 33.3%

• Total voters

Billo_Really

Litre of the Band
Aug 14, 2005
Long Beach, Ca
  1. Hershel Walker
  2. O.J. Simpson
  3. Archie Griffin
  4. Marcus Dupree
  5. Bo Jackson
Or other, of coarse.

I'm sure I'm missing someone.

Like any team game defining the best is all relative. The opposing defenses, the offensive lines, the scores of the games all have some influence on the stats. A great back without anyone blocking becomes average, while an average back with a great line becomes a star.

One not on the list is Barry Sanders, though he only started one year before going pro but what a year. 7.6 yards per carry, 237.5 yards rushing per game, scored 42 rushing TDs and 2 receiving TDs. He rushed for over 300 yards in four of the 12 games.

Bo Jackson was the most dominating RB I ever saw in college and his tragically short professional carear.

He also ran a 40-yard dash in 4.12 seconds (hand-timed), which is still the fastest verifiable 40-yard dash time ever recorded at any NFL Combine

Last edited:
michael vick

I've often wondered what kind of a tailback he'd make.

A modern-day Terry Metcalf, as it were.

Just get him in open field, and watch what happens.

Metcalf had the best lateral and..stop and go moves ever. He was fun to watch when he first joined the Cardinals.

Plus as I stated earlier...I met him when he was in HS. One of his best friends was my best friends brother and a fantastic big, fast and physical DE.

It was great to see him excell to make it to the NFL.

Last edited:
My pick would be:

Walter Payton
Gale Sayers
LaDainian Tomlinson
Adrian Peterson

I think Payton and Sayers would have been even greater if they had spend their career with a consistence great team, like Green Bay.

The guy who didn't realize what a lucky break he got the first time around, and is now doing serious time for a petty crime.

Forum List

Back