Who's Teaching What in Schools?

Whats so bad about planned parenthood?

The right demonizes PP because in many communities, it is the sole abortion provider, High Gravity.

Is planned parenthood putting guns to womens heads and forcing them to abort these babies? if these women didn't abort these babies they would end up on welfare, food stamps, cash aid, section 8 etc and people would still complain. Let these women do what they need to do and everyone keep the fuck out of it, I don't see anyone here lining up to adopt any black orphans.

We need a rock-ribbed Conservative approach to sex education. A curriculum that teaches abstinence only and a solid, well thought out plan to eliminate unwed mothers.

I know! I have the answer! the one person who can save this country from promiscuity and loose morals.

Sarah-Palin-NRA.jpg

Just search for Planned Parenthood exposed. If was started by Margaret Sanger. Look her up. Why do you think the black population has remained steady at 13%?

I'll look into it but like I said were these girls forced to abort their children? people would complain even more if these girls kept these children they couldn't afford and they all ended up on welfare, wic, food stamps, cash aid, section 8, etc. that would all cost a ton of money, and everyone would complain that blacks have too many children like they say about the Hispanics.

We need a rock-ribbed Conservative approach to sex education. A curriculum that teaches abstinence only and a solid, well thought out plan to eliminate unwed mothers.

I know! I have the answer! the one person who can save this country from promiscuity and loose morals.

Sarah-Palin-NRA.jpg

Fuckin hot.:clap2:

The right demonizes PP because in many communities, it is the sole abortion provider, High Gravity.

Is planned parenthood putting guns to womens heads and forcing them to abort these babies? if these women didn't abort these babies they would end up on welfare, food stamps, cash aid, section 8 etc and people would still complain. Let these women do what they need to do and everyone keep the fuck out of it, I don't see anyone here lining up to adopt any black orphans.

"Keeping out of it" seems to be far too stressful for some folks. They seem to feel a deep need to run the lives of others.

Ironically, these are often the same folks who agitate against any assistance to the poor.

"Keeping out of it" seems to be far too stressful for some folks. They seem to feel a deep need to run the lives of others.

Ironically, these are often the same folks who agitate against any assistance to the poor.

Thats EXACTLY what I am saying Maddie, imagine if no black woman had gotten an abortion in the last 20/30 years, alot of these women would have ended up on section 8, cash aid, welfare, food stamps etc. and this would have cost the government a ton, these idiots need to shut their mouths and just let these women do what they have to do, and you are right these are the same people griping about having to acommodate Mexicans and their huge families.

Just search for Planned Parenthood exposed. If was started by Margaret Sanger. Look her up. Why do you think the black population has remained steady at 13%?

I'll look into it but like I said were these girls forced to abort their children? people would complain even more if these girls kept these children they couldn't afford and they all ended up on welfare, wic, food stamps, cash aid, section 8, etc. that would all cost a ton of money, and everyone would complain that blacks have too many children like they say about the Hispanics.

Xsited is correct. Sanger was part of the eugenics movement, which has been historically associated with Nazism. However, the sort of eugenics Sanger supported was preventing additional births for families that already had kids, people who may have deformed kids, etc.

Not quite as evil as some make her out to be. I think we could do with a touch of eugenics, personally -- I'd support sterilizing people guilty of felony child abuse, e.g.

My children had sex education in grammar school, 4th grade, as did I. Shockingly yes, Catholic school I went to had it in mid-1960's. It was on physical development, sex act, pregnancy, and early childhood development. In school sex was dealt with as part of marriage. For both programs we were separated by sex, so were my kids 25+ years later.

The first part on anatomy and physical development was outsourced and a field trip:

Robert Crown Center for Health Education

Again, my kids and myself went to public high schools and once again sex ed was covered, in 9th and 10th grades. First was about sex and contraception, stds. Second was on child care and expenses. My daughter went to the same high school I did for her first 2 years, all of them went to another high school after that, in same county.

I might support teaching about STDs at a younger age, but elsewise this sounds just about right to me, Annie. I assume neither you nor your kids were corrupted by that information?

Morality cannot be enforced by ignorance.

Actually I found the information good, though my parents had covered with my brother and I before the 'trip' as did I with my kids. Dealt with sex as it was brought up. Robert Crown gave out 'kits' for each sex. Both contained brochures recapping the presentation and feminine products for girls.

I think that the lower grades should teach what sex is and the way of the reproductive system. I personally think that beyond that should be either at high school age or perhaps an elective course that parents agree to, not mandated and opted out of.

I don't think teaching about the sex act and reproduction leads to early sex, however I do think that assumptions of everyone is having sex does. I think there's been a tendency to over sexualize youth today. In fact the average age for first sexual intercourse experience was 17, boys earlier. Lower socioeconomic status, parents divorce, etc., all impact. average age having sex site:.edu - Google Search

Forced? No. Heavily persuaded? Yes.

We'll have to agree to disagree. I don't think of children as a punishment or a burden. And if our stupid adoption laws were changed, most people wouldn't have to go out of the country to adopt and could adopt in the US, but that's another issue entirely.

We'll have to agree to disagree. I don't think of children as a punishment or a burden. And if our stupid adoption laws were changed, most people wouldn't have to go out of the country to adopt and could adopt in the US, but that's another issue entirely.

How do you feel about welfare, section 9, food stamps etc? do you support those programs or view them as unnecessary hand outs? because alot of the girls who got these abortions would have definently needed those programs if they kept the children.

How do you feel about welfare, section 9, food stamps etc? do you support those programs or view them as unnecessary hand outs? because alot of the girls who got these abortions would have definently needed those programs if they kept the children.

Welfare, Section 8, Food stamps, etc., are necessary programs. The problem is they are abused and over used. To me, the opposite of compassion is to allow people to become dependent on such programs, so they have to be managed properly.

I understand where you're coming from. I just don't agree. IMO, future generations will look back on abortion in the same way we look back on slavery today.

Welfare, Section 8, Food stamps, etc., are necessary programs. The problem is they are abused and over used. To me, the opposite of compassion is to allow people to become dependent on such programs, so they have to be managed properly.

I understand where you're coming from. I just don't agree. IMO, future generations will look back on abortion in the same way we look back on slavery today.

I was just wondering, because alot of the people I have talked to that are anti abortion are also fiercely against welfare, food stamps, section 8 etc. what they don't realize is alot of these young girls that got the abortions would need the help of these programs if they did keep the baby, not everyone has a family with money to support them.

My children had sex education in grammar school, 4th grade, as did I. Shockingly yes, Catholic school I went to had it in mid-1960's. It was on physical development, sex act, pregnancy, and early childhood development. In school sex was dealt with as part of marriage. For both programs we were separated by sex, so were my kids 25+ years later.

The first part on anatomy and physical development was outsourced and a field trip:

Robert Crown Center for Health Education

Again, my kids and myself went to public high schools and once again sex ed was covered, in 9th and 10th grades. First was about sex and contraception, stds. Second was on child care and expenses. My daughter went to the same high school I did for her first 2 years, all of them went to another high school after that, in same county.

I might support teaching about STDs at a younger age, but elsewise this sounds just about right to me, Annie. I assume neither you nor your kids were corrupted by that information?

Actually I found the information good, though my parents had covered with my brother and I before the 'trip' as did I with my kids. Dealt with sex as it was brought up. Robert Crown gave out 'kits' for each sex. Both contained brochures recapping the presentation and feminine products for girls.

I think that the lower grades should teach what sex is and the way of the reproductive system. I personally think that beyond that should be either at high school age or perhaps an elective course that parents agree to, not mandated and opted out of.

I don't think teaching about the sex act and reproduction leads to early sex, however I do think that assumptions of everyone is having sex does. I think there's been a tendency to over sexualize youth today. In fact the average age for first sexual intercourse experience was 17, boys earlier. Lower socioeconomic status, parents divorce, etc., all impact. average age having sex site:.edu - Google Search

What worries me is the rising prevelance of oral sex among middle schoolers, who seem to feel this is "not sex" as they cannot get pregnant. This is an excellent way to transmit HPV, and if I had a babygirl or boy these days, I think I'd be getting them vaccinated. For sure, I'd be talking to them at home, and I would prefer all the kids in their school knew about the risks.

Apart from that, I'd say your experience was just about ideal.

What worries me is the rising prevelance of oral sex among middle schoolers, who seem to feel this is "not sex" as they cannot get pregnant. This is an excellent way to transmit HPV, and if I had a babygirl or boy these days, I think I'd be getting them vaccinated. For sure, I'd be talking to them at home, and I would prefer all the kids in their school knew about the risks.

Funny thing that, perhaps my friends and I were anomalies. Only 1 of us out of 7 had sex before 19, by 21, all. First oral sex experience came after intercourse. Thankfully I must say, I've no idea of my own kids. One thing I've not heard.

I blame the media during the Clinton years for that. Mind you, NOT Clinton-though the "I did NOT have sex..." was just too quotable.

I know the years after there was a spike in oral sex among teens reported heavily, I don't know if it's still true or just carried on as 'truth.'

Funny thing that, perhaps my friends and I were anomalies. Only 1 of us out of 7 had sex before 19, by 21, all. First oral sex experience came after intercourse. Thankfully I must say, I've no idea of my own kids. One thing I've not heard.

I blame the media during the Clinton years for that. Mind you, NOT Clinton-though the "I did NOT have sex..." was just too quotable.

I know the years after there was a spike in oral sex among teens reported heavily, I don't know if it's still true or just carried on as 'truth.'

No, HPV infection rates in pre-teens is definately on the rise, Annie. I blame the internet, the general culture and hell yes, Bill Clinton. Why not -- I despise him. How are kids supposed to "want to grow up to be president" when the evening news is all about his BJs?

Forum List

Back