Going into cash?

• Yes

Votes: 4 40.0%
  • No

Votes: 5 50.0%
  • Maybe

Votes: 1 10.0%

• Total voters
I have no cc's. If I can't pay cash for something, then I don't need it. Been that way for about 10 years now.

Raw land in Josephine county Oregon. They went broke about 3 years ago and values dropped about 70%. Last depression stocks lost money but cash still had value. Next one money will crash.

Raw land in Josephine county Oregon. They went broke about 3 years ago and values dropped about 70%. Last depression stocks lost money but cash still had value. Next one money will crash.[/QUOTE

I understand that meme but the crash was an effect of the collapse in farmland 1921-39.

Raw land in Josephine county Oregon. They went broke about 3 years ago and values dropped about 70%. Last depression stocks lost money but cash still had value. Next one money will crash.[/QUOTE

I understand that meme but the crash was an effect of the collapse in farmland 1921-39.
Stocks were really overrated at that point, WAY over their true value. But cash was solid what little there was. But the currency had backing at that time.

Now cashes backing is less then a dime on a dollar right?

Last edited:

Stocks were really overrated at that point, WAY over their true value. But cash was solid what little there was. But the currency had backing at that time.

If that.

but 1921-9 was a typical tech stock boom like the 1960s or 1990s or like Apple, Google and drones right now. These types of limited bubbles go back to the 1770s.The real danger is if they create a bubble in raw materials like has happened across the board this time and in the 1920s with saturation of appliances, autos, utilities and radios in1926-9

I have no cc's. If I can't pay cash for something, then I don't need it. Been that way for about 10 years now.
A smart move but I'm asking if you are getting out of stocks and bonds.
Bonds yes, to many cities going broke even state issued bonds are iffy. Stocks no, Shifting from medical and tech to materials.
Agree 100% on minies. As to raw materials that's feast or famine.
I like to buy for the two to four year time frame. I'm figuring four year at this point with a two year down cycle to start. I BUY during the down cycle.

Obama closed the last lead mine in America, the Buick mine in Missouri. THAT stock right now is damn near free. BUT, if we go to war that stock will jump overnight.

Copper mine stocks are also LOW. If we go to war it will jump as well. Base metals and base materials. They have a new type of pressboard out that uses fiberglass INSTEAD of glue. Its stronger then whole wood let alone pressboard.

They first experimented using fiberglass in concrete called "Fibercrete. And found you could cut building costs because you no longer needed as much rebar.

Graphite will be the next big thing. They have been using Graphite impregnated panels on airplanes for a while. They are in many ways just starting to use it making auto body panels which are almost as strong as steel but with 50% less weight.

So that being the case I am looking for the right company who makes the resin to put some money in.

Thoughts?

If that.

but 1921-9 was a typical tech stock boom like the 1960s or 1990s or like Apple, Google and drones right now. These types of limited bubbles go back to the 1770s.The real danger is if they create a bubble in raw materials like has happened across the board this time and in the 1920s with saturation of appliances, autos, utilities and radios in1926-9
China can flood us and has been. Okay WHY I dropped the tech. That nuke plant in Japan is STILL leaking radioactive waste water into the ocean. The fish are showing burns AND mutating.
THAT city is the major tech section of Japan.

And those companies will have to DUMP that land on tax payers or rot and die because of the conditions. The LAST thing I would want to do is compete with a hundred other companies for real estate in a place where the market is the HIGHEST in the world.

What does the above remark have to do with being in or out of investment markets?

As to tech being a problem of location (post 16) the really big problem for tech of any kind is you can only see the saturation point in the rearview mirror. As with smartphones, that hit saturation only 3-4 wks ago a massive downward revision in PEs awaits. But how long will it take to work its way through the supply and distribution chains even now that Samsung and Apple have both taken corrective measures and revised guidance?

In oil and natural gas Sovereign Wealth Funds have burn rates that read like silicon valley start ups in places like Norway and Saudi Arabia. This problem is on an intercept course with two things:

Pipelines reaching already low marginal cost fracking fields to make the bottom even lower.

And achieving a price point and scale that makes alternative fuels competitive.

In other words does the shortrun or longrun demise of OPEC hit first?

Anything other than limiting losses with two way bets is getting dangerous out there.

Forum List

Back