Who's Most to Blame for Condition of US Economy? NYT/CBS Poll

Ooooo.. an OPINION poll...

And I guess Obama's 'But, but, but,but Booooooooshhhhhhhh' repetition has worked for him a little

Thank-God-For-Bush-e.jpg

Silly punkass reactionaries pretendtobeconservatives don't want to take the heat, but, yeah, the public blames the GOP for the punkasses' stupidities. Rightly so.

The Republicans in this conservative town blame the Republicans for the mess. I find that all over the South as I travel. The leaderships locally and regionally are trying to throw off the Tea Party folks, because they know the TP will cost them election after election.

Every poll overwhelmingly shows that the American people want taxes raised on upper income earners as at least PART of any deficit reduction agreement. Yet, Republicans steadfastly insist that ANY changes in taxes, or tax loopholes, are off the table. Which party appears to be ignoring the electorate? Frankly, I don't think it's a winning strategy to be defending men flying around in corporate jets when average Americans can't find work. But Republicans are perfectly free to flog that horse if that's what they want to do.

The point is pretty clear. Despite all the talk radio ranting and raving, and the Internet wailing and whining about how bad Obama is, it's clear that he's STILL more popular than Congress. Additionally, the general public STILL blames the Bush administration for the current state of the economy over Obama by better than a 3-1 margin.

You know what I think? I think that Americans in general are tuning conservatives out after years of listening to exaggerated claims and emotionally-charged rants on every subject under the sun.

You really think that 8% of the people in this country think Obama is to blame and 3 times that after 3 trillion in debt and 30 months still blame GWB?
ARE YOU SERIOUS?
check out the thread thats forth coming

Any non partisan who was an adult at the time of the economic meltdown of 2008 (which followed the recession which started in 2007) knows that President Obama and his administration is not responsible for the mess we're in.

We'll see next year s0n!!!!!!!!!!!!:boobies::boobies::rock:

The Republicans in this conservative town blame the Republicans for the mess. I find that all over the South as I travel. The leaderships locally and regionally are trying to throw off the Tea Party folks, because they know the TP will cost them election after election.

Every poll overwhelmingly shows that the American people want taxes raised on upper income earners as at least PART of any deficit reduction agreement. Yet, Republicans steadfastly insist that ANY changes in taxes, or tax loopholes, are off the table. Which party appears to be ignoring the electorate? Frankly, I don't think it's a winning strategy to be defending men flying around in corporate jets when average Americans can't find work. But Republicans are perfectly free to flog that horse if that's what they want to do.

Another k00k with the political IQ of a handball.:blowup:

The party representing the bozo's of America had their chance for two years. It didnt happen........tough shit now.:lol::lol::funnyface::lmao:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LPSDnGMzIdo&feature=youtube_gdata_player]YouTube - ‪Democrats were WARNED of Financial crisis and did NOTHING‬‏[/ame]

Who is most to blame for the condition of the US economy?

Bush Administration 26%
Wall Street 25%
Congress 11%
Obama Admin 8%
All the above 7%

The poll also reveals some interesting statistics about the president and congress.

President Obama's approval/disapproval rating is 47/44%

Meanwhile, Congress' approval/disapproval rating is 20/70%

CBS News/NYT Poll: 6/29/11 - CBS News

Congress had better get it's act together because, it looks to me like the Republican Congress will get the blame if the debt ceiling isn't raised and there's a risk of either a default or a downgrading of America's credit rating, which, by the way, would cause interest rates to rise and put America even deeper in the hole.

Congress is 11%. But the damage happened when Republicans were in charge of both houses. That means the US blames the Republicans by more than 70%. The other 30% writes on this board.

When a candidate like Michele Bachmann is leading in GOP presidential field in the polls, it only serves to remind people about the ideological views and the subsequent incompetence of the Bush presidency. And we all remember Bush's time in office (and his under 30% approval rate when he left office) with a great deal of disappointment and regret.

You really think that 8% of the people in this country think Obama is to blame and 3 times that after 3 trillion in debt and 30 months still blame GWB?
ARE YOU SERIOUS?
check out the thread thats forth coming

Any non partisan who was an adult at the time of the economic meltdown of 2008 (which followed the recession which started in 2007) knows that President Obama and his administration is not responsible for the mess we're in.

We'll see next year s0n!!!!!!!!!!!!:boobies::boobies::rock:

Sensible Americans know that you are fruit loops, and we will leave it at that.

America will win next year. The Tea Party wacks will be relegated to cleaning the toilets at the GOP convention.

America will win next year. The Tea Party wacks will be relegated to cleaning the toilets at the GOP convention.
\
Looks like they're losing steam.

Populist movements, even populist movements to the right frighten the masters of BOTH parties.

Remember how the DEMS welcomed the anti-war POPULISTS in Chigago Dem Convention in 68?

The last fucking thing on earth the masters will tolerate is a populist-driven American agenda.

You'll see the partisans of both teams circle the wagons against any REAL grass roots political movement.

Anything that smacks of honest Democracy scares the ever loving crap out of the master class, folks.

The tea party was a phoney grass roots tool to keep the disaffected republicans from forming a true third party.

Remember all the insistance that they were NOT a party but a movement?

That was because the masters didnt want them to really have any power, they jsut wanted to give the people a way to disstance themselves from the Bush mess and then direct them in a way that they could be folded back into the party when their votes and money were needed.

The people who love the tea party are merely tools of the republican party.

You watch they will be singing the praises of Mit Romney a year from now.

Forum List

Back