Who's more likely to be in heaven, Hitler or Gandhi?

Dr.Drock

Aug 19, 2009
Hitler was born a christian, used the lord in his speeches, Nazi uniforms often adorned lines from the Bible on their belts.

Gandhi was born a Hindu and remained one throughout the duration of his life.

It seems to me Hitler would be a lot more likely to accept Jesus Christ as his savior and ask God for forgiveness at the end of his life than Gandhi would have been as a Hindu who really never had any even minor involvement in christianity.

What say you?

The only thing going through Hitler's mind before he died was a bullet.

But don't you think it's more likely he said a prayer asking for forgiveness before he pulled the trigger than it is that Gandhi prayed to Jesus?

Considering neither the resurrection of the just nor the resurrection of the unjust has occured, why do you think either is in heaven?

Hitler was born a christian, used the lord in his speeches, Nazi uniforms often adorned lines from the Bible on their belts.

It seems to me Hitler would be a lot more likely to accept Jesus Christ as his savior and ask God for forgiveness at the end of his life than Gandhi would have been as a Hindu who really never had any even minor involvement in christianity.

What say you?

Here's the kicker.

Both are responsible for the deaths of millions. AND..for the causes of Nationalism and Religion.:eusa_whistle:

Last edited:

What say you?

Here's the kicker.

Both are responsible for the deaths of millions. AND..for the causes of Nationalism and Religion.:eusa_whistle:

I can't believe you would equate the actions of Gandhi as equal to the actions of Hitler. :eek: Maybe you should revise...

What say you?

Here's the kicker.

I can't believe you would equate the actions of Gandhi as equal to the actions of Hitler. :eek: Maybe you should revise...

Naw.

I didn't "equate". I pointed to a fact.

But don't you think it's more likely he said a prayer asking for forgiveness before he pulled the trigger than it is that Gandhi prayed to Jesus?

The thing is that he would actually have to mean it. I mean truly mean that he was sorry for his actions and truly ask Jesus for forgiveness. In all likelihood, what his hart was searching for if anything would not have been forgiveness of his actions but to save his own ass and that just will not cut it. Why not simply cut to the chase and ask the question that is at the heart of the matter?

How can Christians believe that a truly heinous and truly evil person can get into heaven if he truly repents in the last 5 minutes of his life over a truly good person who has lived a good and just life? Particularly if that person has never heard of Jesus to begin with?

Which of the two children of God do you suppose God favored more?

I thought accepting Jesus Christ as your savior and asking for God's forgiveness were some of the 2 most basic components of getting into heaven according to christianity+the Bible.

Here's the kicker.

Gandhi isn't responsible for the deaths of anyone, let alone millions. If you are going to make a ridiculous accusation you could have the decency of attempting to back yourself up.

The thing is that he would actually have to mean it. I mean truly mean that he was sorry for his actions and truly ask Jesus for forgiveness. In all likelihood, what his hart was searching for if anything would not have been forgiveness of his actions but to save his own ass and that just will not cut it. Why not simply cut to the chase and ask the question that is at the heart of the matter?

How can Christians believe that a truly heinous and truly evil person can get into heaven if he truly repents in the last 5 minutes of his life over a truly good person who has lived a good and just life? Particularly if that person has never heard of Jesus to begin with?

I don't. But then I think most fail to realize that death isnt the end of the person.

Also point out, Gandhi did know of Christ. In fact, I think he lived alot of Christ's precepts better than many Christians. Dietrich Bonhoffer once suggested that perhaps God was using Gandhi to shame Christians into actually living the Gospel.

I have no doubt that Gandhi is with the Spirits of the Just awaiting the resurrection as we speak.

Is é Dia amháin a thabharfaidh breithiúnas orm. (Only God Shall Judge Me). It's not for us to decide. They're dead, let God sort them out.

Forum List

Back