Who's money is it???

NUTS because we think it is all a SPENDING problem???
Why would ANY sane person want to work hard and have the government take BEFORE the person sees the money and turn around and :
- spend $2.6 million to make sure prostitutes in China drink less on the job.
- $1.44 million in federal funds estimating the size of the population and examining the “social milieu”
of male prostitutes in Hanoi and Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam.
- on-tax-dollars-spent-to-study-male-prostitutes-in-vietnam
- Washington spends $25 billion annually maintaining unused or vacant federal properties

U.S. Senator Tom Coburn, M.D. (R-OK) today released a new oversight report, “Wastebook 2010” that highlights some of the most egregious examples of government waste in 2010.
Dr. Coburn Releases New Oversight Report:

AND now us NUTS are not happy to send tax money to the government that
A) Took a 2,700 page bill now
B) Has 13,000 pages of rules and regulations for a law not fully implemented
C) Hiring 16,000 more IRS to collect more money

So tell me again the SANITY of sending tax money to an entity that is OK with the above spending and
for example paying Methodist hospital of San Antonio (just one of 6,000 Medicare hospitals that grossly overcharge Medicare..) $2,315 for a CAT scan that cost $152 or a markup of 1,423.3%!!!
Or Univ. Community Hospital in Tampa billed Medicare 2,110 times to do CAT scan no contrast
at $2,635 billed Medicare...
The services COST the hospital:$43
A 6,127.91% markup!
So again what SANE person wants to send more money to an entity that gladly PAYS 6,000% MARKUP!

Prove me wrong if you can but YOU obviously DON"T deal with the FACTS just hyperbole!!!
These are real numbers.. real waste and you are OK with that???

I'm not exactly sure where you are getting your numbers from, but they are just completely wrong. If you think a CT Scan only costs $152 you are out of your mind. The average cost of a CT Scanner plus the cost of the room which must be specially set up is around $1 million. This does not include the cost of technicians and other incidentals. While the cost of $2000 or more is out of line, the true cost would need to be much higher than $152. The biggest problem with CT's is that they cost so much that doctors over use them to pay for them, meaning people are being exposed to massive amounts of radiation for no reason at all.

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/06/29/business/29scan.html?pagewanted=all

No, batshit insane is borrowing money from China to pay for tax cuts for rich people.

:lol::lol::lol:

I see you are infected with the same brain-eating disease as Obama.

It does not cost one red cent to let a person keep their money.

We are borrowing money to pay for things like free healthcare for high school dropouts.

And killing brown people in far off countries. Money well spent?

You'd rather the woodchippers? Sure you would. moron

I'd rather kill a maniac in his country than have him fly airplanes into buildings in ours.

And I'd rather ensure all our citizens can access quality healthcare even if some of them are high school dropouts.

Nope. If you aren't even trying, we should not enable you. If you are not trying to help yourself, we should not either. You don't get to pick my pocket to pay for your slackness.

The incredible balls it takes for liberals to say it is costing money to let people keep their own money and not give it to slackers! Holy shit!

That is sort of mind blowing. I must admit. But do it they will.

:lol::lol::lol:

I see you are infected with the same brain-eating disease as Obama.

It does not cost one red cent to let a person keep their money.

We are borrowing money to pay for things like free healthcare for high school dropouts.

And killing brown people in far off countries. Money well spent?

You'd rather the woodchippers? Sure you would. moron

Can someone translate this in to English for me.

Let face reality, we are the problem. WE voted for them and WE re-elected them and WE let them continue to do that they are doing. WE have to start electing real people who follow the same laws, have the same medical plans and pay the same taxes that the voters do. Voters are the problem.

Just a reminder... I started the thread based on the FACT that the government considers that when you take as a deduction against your tax bill any of the below the government considers it a COST or "expenditure" of THEIR MONEY.. NOT your money!

Lok at the terminology:
Some of those tax provisions are called "tax expenditures" by many tax analysts because they resemble government spending in that they provide financial assistance to specific activities, entities, or groups of people. Tax expenditures are more like entitlement programs (for example, Medicare).

What are the largest tax expenditures?
2008 expenditures (tax deductions allowed

Type of deduction that government ALLOWS tax payer to subtract from taxes AMOUNT
1) Exclusion of employer medical insurance premiums and medical care $131 billion
2) Net exclusion of pension contributions and earnings $117.7
3) Deductibility of mortgage interest on owner-occupied homes $88.5
4) Accelerated depreciation of machinery and equipment $55.9
5) Deductibility of nonbusinees state and local taxes $49.1
6) Deductibility of charitable contributions $46.8
7) Deferral of income from controlled foreign corporations $31.5
8) Capital gains exclusion on home sales $30.0
9) Deductibility of State and local property tax on owner-occupied homes $29.1
10) Child credit $28.4
11) Capital gains (except agriculture,timber, and coal) $24.2
12) Step-up basis of capital gains at death $21.5

So the government considers ALL your income THEIR money and when you subtract say "CHILD CREDIT" you are making an EXPENDITURE of the Government's money.. not your money!

In light of Obamacare.. note the largest "expenditure" or tax deduction is employer medical premiums.
$131 billion that is deducted.
BUT with Obama care doing away with Employer health insurance deductions the biggest tax deduction will be eliminated i.e. employers won't be able to deduct employee health insurance premiums.. thus the government keeps more of the $131 billion!

Forum List

Back