Who's Gonna Pay For Corzine's Medical Bills?

boedicca

Uppity Water Nymph from the Land of Funk
Gold Supporting Member
Feb 12, 2007
If I were a New Jersey taxpayer, I would be rather unhappy at the prospect of paying the hospital bills for Corzine given that he wasn't wearing a seat belt and his driver was speeding on the freeway. The SUV was clocked at 91MPH - with it's emergency lights flashing.

One ponders why a meeting with Don Imus and the Basket Ball Players was deemed an emergency - or if Corzine is one of those public figures who view his time as So Special that us little folks should never Get In His Way.

The SUV carrying Gov. Jon S. Corzine was traveling about 91 mph moments before it crashed, Superintendent of State Police Col. Rick Fuentes said Tuesday.

The governor was critically injured when the vehicle crashed into a guardrail on the Garden State Parkway just north of Atlantic City last week. He apparently was not wearing his seat belt as he rode in the front passenger's seat.

The speed limit along that stretch of the parkway is 65 mph.

The state trooper-driven sport utility vehicle was in the left lane with its emergency lights flashing when a pickup tried to get out of its way. Instead, it set off a chain reaction that resulted in the crash.

Corzine's list of injuries was extensive: He broke his left thigh bone, a dozen ribs, collarbone and chest bone. He also fractured a vertebrae in his lower back.

He remains in critical but stable condition Tuesday and doctors were assessing when he might be ready to breathe without a ventilator.

Doctors have said he doesn't have brain damage or paralysis, and is doing well for someone who sustained so many injuries.

http://www.breitbart.com/article.php?id=D8OIIO1G1&show_article=1

Being that he is a government employee - isn't his health insurance funded by the State of NJ?

I would also think that his health insurance company would have a very valid reason to deny his claim given his actions and the recklessness of his driver.

Being that he is a government employee - isn't his health insurance funded by the State of NJ?

I would also think that his health insurance company would have a very valid reason to deny his claim given his actions and the recklessness of his driver.

Do you really think they're going to deny his claim? Not a very good idea for people who want legislation signed, no?

Also, I don't know what health insurance Corzine uses. He's wealthy in his own right. He probably has health insurance that gives better coverage than anything the state would give him. I also don't know what the law is in NJ with respect to liability when one isn't wearing a seat belt.

When someone goes to the doctor because they have high blood pressure and diabetes because they stuffed their face with garbage, does an insurance company say "we're not paying for you"? We all pay for that, too.

Like I said, I don't want to pay for Iraq. I haven't been given a choice. I wouldn't get overly het up about it.

So you are okay with an elected official abusing the power of his office to engage in high speed travel to a blatant photo op event that could in no way be construed as a Public Emergency - and then having everyone else but him pay for it?

Nice.

So you are okay with an elected official abusing the power of his office to engage in high speed travel to a blatant photo op event that could in no way be construed as a Public Emergency - and then having everyone else but him pay for it?

Nice.

As opposed to paying for a photo op on an aircraft carrier?

Completely orthogonal.

But thanks for playing.

I'll take your deflection as an admission that Corzine is responsible for his accident due to his abuse of government provided transportation and flauting of the seatbelt laws.

Dubya did not violate any law in going to an aircraft carrier.

Completely orthogonal.

But thanks for playing.

I'll take your deflection as an admission that Corzine is responsible for his accident due to his abuse of government provided transportation and flauting of the seatbelt laws.

Dubya did not violate any law in going to an aircraft carrier.

Don't put words in my mouth. I'm actually pretty good at articulating my thoughts. But thank *you* for playing.

Of course it's not orthogonal. You were whining because a democrat is "wasting" taxpayer money. My point is that you are unconcerned about the wasting of money by your own. Simple partisan whining on your part.

Instead of whining about who's paying for his care, and instead of being a lemming, perhaps you can just wish an injured fellow human being well.

It's not the taxpayers who are paying his medical bills... it's his health insurance.

I don't want to pay for Iraq... such is life.

I don't think his medical coverage should cover it, he did not use due care. It's law in the state to wear a seat belt. For the governor of the state to ignore the law, while other premium payers have to shell out? No. If the governments are going to pass such laws, those that break them should pay. Thankfully for most, it's only an expensive ticket.

I don't like the mandating of laws, but I always wear a seat belt. I require anyone riding in my car to do likewise, law or no law.

I don't think his medical coverage should cover it, he did not use due care. It's law in the state to wear a seat belt. For the governor of the state to ignore the law, while other premium payers have to shell out? No. If the governments are going to pass such laws, those that break them should pay. Thankfully for most, it's only an expensive ticket.

I don't like the mandating of laws, but I always wear a seat belt. I require anyone riding in my car to do likewise, law or no law.

It's illegal for restaurants in NY to prepare foods with trans-fats. Should some idiot who uses transfats and home and becomes fat and cholesterol ridden not be covered either?

Again, boe was just whining because it was a dem.

oh! the faux outrage! Let's get all up in arms about a government employee who pays into his health insurance every paycheck actually having to use that policy to pay for injuries incurred while on official business....

but let's not give a FUCK about a trillion dollars flushed down the shitter...let's not give a FUCK about 28K dead and wounded Americans.....

let's make a big fucking deal about THIS!

It's illegal for restaurants in NY to prepare foods with trans-fats. Should some idiot who uses transfats and home and becomes fat and cholesterol ridden not be covered either?

Hey, if it's illegal and my dad has a heart attack, I should sue. Same difference. Bottom line, way past time for government to get out of our lives. Seat belts, smoking, etc.

I really love seeing people defend a Member Of The Ruling Elite's bad behavior at the expense of taxpayers. It makes me really want to see taxes increased.

Wrong-O Kidd-O. If any elected official had broken the law, caused a similar accident, and then expected taxpayers to foot the bill, I would not want to see the taxpayers foot the bill for his medical care.

What possible justification was there for him to be speeding at 91 MPH with the emergency lights blazing to meet with DON IMUS?

I really love seeing people defend a Member Of The Ruling Elite's bad behavior at the expense of taxpayers. It makes me really want to see taxes increased.

tell me again how this hits the taxpayer? He is a state employee with health insurance that the state subsidizes but he has a premium which he pays for just such occasions as car accidents.

Wrong-O Kidd-O. If any elected official had broken the law, caused a similar accident, and then expected taxpayers to foot the bill, I would not want to see the taxpayers foot the bill for his medical care.

What possible justification was there for him to be speeding at 91 MPH with the emergency lights blazing to meet with DON IMUS?

are you privy to the governor's schedule for that day? Do you know where he was required to be after the Imus meeting?

Here is how insurance premiums are set:

The insurer looks at their prior year's expenses versus the premiums collected. If the expenses are higher than they anticipated, they jack up rates the next year. They are not in the business of losing money. It's pretty clear that the premium paid for Corzine is a pittance compared to what this AVOIDABLE accident will cost.

Also, many large organizations self insure, in which case, the taxpayers would be eating the entire tab.

are you privy to the governor's schedule for that day? Do you know where he was required to be after the Imus meeting?

You know, I'm a busy person, as are many people here. Do the police void our speeding tickets if we are late for meetings? No. Why should Corzine be allowed to speed just to get to a meeting? Such high speeds cause accidents. He endangered many people just because he thinks his time is far more valuable than the Hoi Poloi's. This type of hubris is at the root of Elite Abuse of Power.

Here is how insurance premiums are set:

The insurer looks at their prior year's expenses versus the premiums collected. If the expenses are higher than they anticipated, they jack up rates the next year. They are not in the business of losing money. It's pretty clear that the premium paid for Corzine is a pittance compared to what this AVOIDABLE accident will cost.

Also, many large organizations self insure, in which case, the taxpayers would be eating the entire tab.

it is pretty UNCLEAR that the New Jersey State employee's health insurance premium will necessarily RISE because of this accident.

It is pretty CLEAR that you don't have a fucking clue whether or not the state of New Jersey self insures or not.....

and again....more faux outrage about minor shit when we are flushing a trillion dollars down the shitter in Iraq.

ho hum

It's pretty funny that you are defending him incurring an enormous amount of avoidable medical expenses that somebody besides himself will have to pay - just so he could go to an attention-whoring meeting with Don Imus.

Forum List

Back