Who's Going to the Tax Tea Party?

PoliticalChic

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Oct 6, 2008
Brooklyn, NY
Just curious to see who will be attending and if you plan to do anything special.

I've got 2 venues near me: Manhattan and Staten Island.

I'm totally going!

I've already got my signs made! :clap2:

get-a-brain-morans.jpg

sorry too busy working so I can cover the 20 grand in tax checks I have to write this month.

Just curious to see who will be attending and if you plan to do anything special.

Yes, I'm attending the one 5:00 - 7:00 at Bloomington, here in Indiana. They're happening all over the state, with the big one at in Indy of course, at the State House. The dilemma is whether to attend the local or go to the one that will make the biggest impression.

FYI - On Fox News Channel's April 7 "Your World," host Neil Cavuto reported that the Tax Day tea party protests on April 15 will be "infiltrated" by their political opponents and led by left-wing activist organizations. He specifically named Association of Community Organizations for Reform Now (ACORN).

"Only eight days before a nationwide tea party, some over-caffeinated crashers aiming to lay waste to it," Cavuto said. "Reports of very well-organized infiltrators trying to mix in and rain on this parade. Talk about taxing."

ACORN, HuffPo Organizing Efforts to Infiltrate Tax Day Tea Parties to Shape Media Coverage | NewsBusters.org

I'm going for sure. Don't forget yer bumper stickers. Mine will be proudly displayed on my Toyota.:clap2::clap2::clap2:

I'd go and join the nearest prostest if someone could tell me which taxes were being protested. School taxes ? Taxes on Cigarettes? Gas taxes that pay for the pothole infested roads ? Taxes that pay for Defense spending and VA benefits, or for Unemployment benefits ?
Or is the protest to be about the modest tax increases proposed for millionaires and Hedge Fund billionaires ?
Those same folks who are paying to organize and gather as many middle class working people to assemble and carry signs to protest taxes on the oppressed millionaires and billoinaires.

There won't be any trouble from counter protests or infiltrators, no matte what Covuto says He's just trying to get some of y'all to pack heat. Please don't do that, okay ? There will be kids there. That "infiltrators" stuff was was all made up . Any bad behavior will come from the rowdy attendees spitting and cursing at the liberal media. If you see people doing that, tell them to grow up and chill out. Footage of decent behavior is better for the events than footage of ugly rowdy behavior.
Just a basic rule of thumb.

Have a good time. Enjoy the teabaggery.

By the way, at the original Boston Tea Party - they were drinking a lot of ale, not tea, and since teabags weren't around yet, there was none of the rampant teabagging, none of this "in your face", teabagging, as is the center of festivities planned for this year's get togethers.

I'd go and join the nearest prostest if someone could tell me which taxes were being protested. School taxes ? Taxes on Cigarettes? Gas taxes that pay for the pothole infested roads ? Taxes that pay for Defense spending and VA benefits, or for Unemployment benefits ?
Or is the protest to be about the modest tax increases proposed for millionaires and Hedge Fund billionaires ?
Those same folks who are paying to organize and gather as many middle class working people to assemble and carry signs to protest taxes on the oppressed millionaires and billoinaires.

There won't be any trouble from counter protests or infiltrators, no matte what Covuto says He's just trying to get some of y'all to pack heat. Please don't do that, okay ? There will be kids there. That "infiltrators" stuff was was all made up . Any bad behavior will come from the rowdy attendees spitting and cursing at the liberal media. If you see people doing that, tell them to grow up and chill out. Footage of decent behavior is better for the events than footage of ugly rowdy behavior.
Just a basic rule of thumb.

Have a good time. Enjoy the teabaggery.

By the way, at the original Boston Tea Party - they were drinking a lot of ale, not tea, and since teabags weren't around yet, there was none of the rampant teabagging, none of this "in your face", teabagging, as is the center of festivities planned for this year's get togethers.

I see a protest at our town square every other Saturday. Ours is a university city, one of the most liberal in the country except for the two coasts (NY and SF). These people are always glum, and sadly robotic. No one ever bothers to confront them, but just let them be, as the hopeless idealists that they are. However some of the most violent protester/revolutionaries of the twentieth century have come out of our town. Think Gary Atwood/Angela DeAngelis/Symbionese Liberation Party.

When Republicans and Conservatives form up for protests, or to make a public statement they are peaceable, and their conduct is exemplary. The purpose of the ACORN infiltration will be to bring some chaos to the event by mis-behaving; to start something as if they were on our side of the issue to discredit the movement. We will be on the outlook for that and stop it immediately. I'm reminded of the over 80,000 people which attended Dan's Bake Sale at Fort Collins, Colorado (1993) and even left the grounds clean of debris. It was more of a fellowship event, and a show of strength than anything else. And that is what this is about. It's the beginning of creating an organization by "being there", sharing a philosophical moment with like-minded people, and starting something unstoppable rolling across this country.

About taxes; as far as I know as of now there has been no tax increase, but feel free to correct me on that. But we know it is coming, and a lot of the cost of living increases, and inflation which will be forthcoming will be the same as tax increases, but that won't fit that nomenclature in its usual definition. Obama has said that energy costs will "necessarily sky-rocket" and energy producers who use coal can go ahead but will be bankrupt if they do. the cost of a KW-hr of electricity from coal is about $.04 and the cost of a KW-hr from wind is at $0.14. The Administration says that those costs to consumers will be ameliorated or mitigated, but that will require either higher or new taxes, like "cap and trade". The secretary of energy said a couple of days ago that windmills in the Atlantic could produce all the electricity that coal produces now. We can see the implication of that effort, not to even mention that it is impracticable if not impossible. This will have drastic effects on the people of Indiana, W.Va. Ky, Iowa, Ohio. Those are skilled and technical/professional highly paid jobs in the coal industry. Those jobs will be replaced by low level manufacturing (windmills) installation and maintenance jobs, if they are actually replaced at all in these states.

All this reminds me of the experiments of the Chinese Communists of the late 40's, 50's, and later on in which huge dislocations of the native rural population took place to meet idealistic goals. This is what command economies attempt to do. Cuba is another example just off our Florida coast.

Last edited:
Well what do you think ;)... I'm actually on the planning team for the Portland one. I will be driving down to Salem for theirs from 11-2 then coming up and attending the one in Portland. I attended the first one...

2670_79151385449_542225449_2840086_.jpg

Not planning to. I have to work all ay and there isnt one close enough to me. besides, im not convinced that this will turn out well. its just a gut feeling.

I'll attend the one in Nashville at 12:00 p.m and then the local one from 5:00 p.m til 7:00 p.m. I heard alot of people that have never protested anything in their lives say that they're attending.

Right now doesn't look like there is one I can get to after school at 3. I must be at school because we had last week off and this week is 4 days off. I can't leave a sub with just 2 days back, not fair to her or kids.

However, haven't a doubt that 4.15 is just the start, weekends and summer loom. ;)

Forum List

Back