Who's For the Children and Who's for the Unions?

Annie

Diamond Member
Nov 22, 2003
Hmmm:

Kaukauna Area School District projects $1.5 million surplus after contract changes to health care, retirement savings | Appleton Post Crescent | postcrescent.com

KAUKAUNA — As changes to collective bargaining powers for public workers take effect today, the Kaukauna Area School District is poised to swing from a projected $400,000 budget shortfall next year to a $1.5 million surplus due to health care and retirement savings...

“These impacts will allow the district to hire additional teachers (and) reduce projected class sizes,” School Board President Todd Arnoldussen wrote in a statement Monday. “In addition, time will be available for staff to identify and support students needing individual assistance through individual and small group experiences.”

The district anticipates that elementary class size projections for next year will shrink from 26 students to 23 students. Class sizes for River View Middle School are expected to fall from 28 students to 26 students...

If I've said it once, I've said it once...

Step two: get the fucking worthless tenured off the payroll.

Schools are fraught with incompetent, ineffective educators who have NO business being where they are. BUT - they are the ones who know someone or who are related to someone... ergo their tenure status.

Schools are fraught with incompetent, ineffective educators who have NO business being where they are. BUT - they are the ones who know someone or who are related to someone... ergo their tenure status.

Whether or not I agree with you, that screed had what to do with the post?

Whether or not I agree with you, that screed had what to do with the post?

This very same topic - and that very same quoted text of yours - was covered in a previous thread.

Fuck the unions. All they care about is money. They dont give a shit about the kids.

Actually it's quite the opposite. Without tenure the principals and administrators will be able to force out teachers and give the jobs to their friends and family members. Tenure took the politics out of the picture. Is it perfect? No. But the flip side is that you will see even more teachers hired because they "know someone" and even good ones will be let go to make room for someone's sister, cousin or aunt.

Forum List

Back