Who's fault?

Please explain where Obama compromised?
What has he offered up other than the obvious that both agreed needed to be done?

Boehner: Back to Biden, please

When the Republican leadership orchestrated the Eric Cantor June 23rd walkout of the debt ceiling talks, led by Joe Biden, the strategy was to up the ante by forcing President Obama to engage them.

Obama offered a grand deal -- huge cuts across the board, including substantial rollbacks of Medicare, Medicaid and Social Security benefits -- but including the suspension of economically distorting tax benefits for the rich and highly profitable firms, particularly ethanol and oil, that were gorging themselves on public dollars.

. . .

Now, John Boehner is showing that he is trapped in an ideological bind with his own constituents and that Obama is too overwhelming for him. The big deal won't work, Boehner says, because Boehner can't get his caucus to do the deal of the era because it involves minor revenue increases. They'd rather default on the national debt and undermine global trust in the United States as a political stunt.

I don't even blame Boehner, anymore (I will continue to blame Cantor, though). I blame the right-wingers who won't tax an ounce to cut a pound.

I am curiouis....do you truly believe that the GOP were willing to commit political suicide by reforming MC, MC and SS?

Dont you realize...those substantial cuts in MC MC and SS were not "offered by the President"...they were "givens"...and nether party wanted to do it...but it MUST be done...

But for some reason, the democrats are getting "cheers" for giving in on that.

Interesting how that works.....no?

The cuts to entitlements must be done because nobody is willing to increase taxes on the middle-class.

Baby boomers want their entitlements and want to unload the debt onto our generation. This has little to do with party and everything to do with generational theft.

Libya, Yemen, and working on Pakistan. So I was off by one.

By the way both of Bush's wars were approved by Congress. Obama has no approval for either of the two current or the one he is fomenting with Pakistan.

I knew you were going to say those countries. We were in Pakistan and Yemen during the Bush Administration.

But thanks for playing, we have some lovely parting gifts for you. :thup:

The entitlement problem would be manageable without the Bush tax cuts.

CBPP-deficit_factors_2007_sm_bafaf.jpg

But the wars and the Pentahog is a problem, as well.

The entitlement problem would be manageable without the Bush tax cuts.

CBPP-deficit_factors_2007_sm_bafaf.jpg

But the wars and the Pentahog is a problem, as well.

I believe that is deemed as dated.
The baby boomers hitting the MC and SS ranks changes the numbers dramatically (I bleive).

All the dems are offering is massive cuts to the Defense budget and HUGE increases in taxes. Remind us again why there is no deal on the Debt ceiling?

Sounds like a great idea.

Clinton did it and balanced the budget.

Then Bush came in and lowered taxes for the rich and started two useless wars and an unfunded Medicare program.

Now we have to fix it by raising taxes and cutting spending.

All the dems are offering is massive cuts to the Defense budget and HUGE increases in taxes. Remind us again why there is no deal on the Debt ceiling?

Then Bush came in and lowered taxes for the rich and started two useless wars and an unfunded Medicare program.

But we did get those nifty $300 checks.

But we did get those nifty $300 checks.

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

Why don't you just tell em the fabricated answer in your fantasy mind? Go ahead.

No one can answer the questions because the Republicans have offered ZERO compromise and are acting as though they have a 100% mandate to enact 100% of their agenda,

when in fact they are in the minority in this process.

you seem to want to ignore the non partisan logic I presented and instead keep and regurgitating the rhetoric the democrats want you to regurgitate.

The GOP know that reforming MC and SS is a death sentence for the upcoming election. So do the democrats.

Both did not want to put it on the table....but both did....becuase it is a must

The only difference is...the democrats are using it to heir advantage as they know their supporters listen to the rhetoric and dont think things out....so they are claiming the cut is something they DONT want to do (which is true for both parties) but that they are doing it so the GOP will ALSO give in on something....implying that the GOP WANTS to cut MC and SS.

But you see...the GOP DID give in on something.....MC and SS.....

Question is......why should the GOP give in on something else as well....and what is the Democratic party willing to give in?

Why do you see the DEMs as owning MC and SS? Isnt that somewhat partisan of you?

So the Democrats who are standing behind NOT cutting SS and Medicare have adopted the real Republican position on the issue?

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

No one can answer the questions because the Republicans have offered ZERO compromise and are acting as though they have a 100% mandate to enact 100% of their agenda,

when in fact they are in the minority in this process.

you seem to want to ignore the non partisan logic I presented and instead keep and regurgitating the rhetoric the democrats want you to regurgitate.

The GOP know that reforming MC and SS is a death sentence for the upcoming election. So do the democrats.

Both did not want to put it on the table....but both did....becuase it is a must

The only difference is...the democrats are using it to heir advantage as they know their supporters listen to the rhetoric and dont think things out....so they are claiming the cut is something they DONT want to do (which is true for both parties) but that they are doing it so the GOP will ALSO give in on something....implying that the GOP WANTS to cut MC and SS.

But you see...the GOP DID give in on something.....MC and SS.....

Question is......why should the GOP give in on something else as well....and what is the Democratic party willing to give in?

Why do you see the DEMs as owning MC and SS? Isnt that somewhat partisan of you?

So the Democrats who are standing behind NOT cutting SS and Medicare have adopted the real Republican position on the issue?

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

republicans dont want to cut SS and MC...and neither do the democrats.
But the republicans and many of the democrats see there is no choice as those two are major issues and are getting worse each year with the baby boomers flooding the system.

But those democrats and any republicans that are dead set against cutting SS and MC?
All they care about is their popularity with no regard for the debt issue.

no one forced your sorry asses to buy anything except for obiedoodle

My sorry ass? I live a pretty minimalist lifestyle. so don't lump me in with you "next big thing-ers".

They create the market... You just "have" to have one of our widgets, or you're out of the loop. Kind of like the marketing campaign that they are doing politically right now... the one YOU fell hook, line and sinker for.

The whole ultra-conservative agenda is to protect billionaires at the expense of everyday workers.... sure, it's wrapped up in the American flag with a bow that says "Freedom" on it... but a pig with lipstick on it is still a pig.

I prefer to drink conservative kool aid, you like the communist flavor.

No.... I like beer... like many working class Americans.

Forum List

Back