Who's English is the best here?

Me. You've already asked this and I've already told you.

My English is so good that my "mistakes" are on porpoise. Which is kinda fishy.

See what I did there?

Not only am I an experienced writer/editor but my spoken English is standard "broadcast" American English, which I had to learn for that profession. Although I can and do mimic a few regional accents if code-switching is called for.

I should add that I'm a linguistic archconservative. I'm probably the only person left still using the traditional spelling of Hallowe'en.

Shiiiiit, maaaaan. That honky muf' be messin' mah old lady... got to be runnin' cold upside down his head, you know?

Hey home', I can dig it. Know ain't gonna lay no mo' big rap up on you, man!

I say hey, sky... subba say I wan' see...

Uh-huh.

...pray to J I did the same-ol', same-ol'!

Hey... knock a self a pro, Slick! That gray matter backlot perform us DOWN, I take TCB-in', man!

Hey, you know what they say: see a broad to get dat booty yak 'em...

...leg 'er down a smack 'em yak 'em!

COL' got to be! Y'know? Shiiiiit.

My English is so good that my "mistakes" are on porpoise. Which is kinda fishy.

See what I did there?

Not only am I an experienced writer/editor but my spoken English is standard "broadcast" American English, which I had to learn for that profession. Although I can and do mimic a few regional accents if code-switching is called for.

I should add that I'm a linguistic archconservative. I'm probably the only person left still using the traditional spelling of Hallowe'en.
It was called "Hallowed Evening" originally.

Sure, sure, but I'd like several guys (and maybe some ladies) to copy so that I wouldn't sound like you completely :)

Add some y'alls to your speech if you want real American and not that snooty yankee english stuff.
I actually put this onto a test for college students as a bonus question.

Only one girl from Dallas got the right answer:

"What is the plural of y'all?"

Please list all candidates. Foreigners are not counted, I want to speak pure American English :)
Moi.

I taught technical writing at the university level to undergraduates while I was in grad school.

What is your next question ?!

who is the number three here, of course :)

Sure, sure, but I'd like several guys (and maybe some ladies) to copy so that I wouldn't sound like you completely :)

Add some y'alls to your speech if you want real American and not that snooty yankee english stuff.

Add what? :) And what is the difference between Americans and Yankees?

Shiiiiit, maaaaan. That honky muf' be messin' mah old lady... got to be runnin' cold upside down his head, you know?

Uh-huh.

Hey... knock a self a pro, Slick! That gray matter backlot perform us DOWN, I take TCB-in', man!

Uh-huh.

Yep....lol

Please list all candidates. Foreigners are not counted, I want to speak pure American English :)
Very few people realize there is actually quite a difference between British English and American English.

And then there is also Canuck English, Auzzie English, and Kiwi English too.

In Boston they don't pronounce the "R".

In the South they drawl their vowels.

Forum List

Back