Who's calling whom Arrogant??

Bonnie

Jun 30, 2004
Wherever
I'm struck by the irony of the liberal pundirty warning REpublicans not to interpret their seeeping victories as a mandate because such "arrogance" could lead to a voter backlash.

In the very process of obsessing over what republicans might do and become in the future, liberals are blinding themselves to what they have already done and become. they are lecturing Republicans about copping an arrogant attitiude when they are so steeped in one themselves they can't accurately interpret their own reflection in the election mirror.

The objective fact is that President Bush and Republicans won decisively. the lesson most reasonable people would take from such a victory is not that they were doing something wrong and they better back off from it. While I agree that winners shouldn't become highhanded, neither should they act as losers.

Why should President Bush voluntarily surrender his just affirmed political capitol by capitulating to the demands of Democrats? Wouldn't that be as much of a slap in the face to voters, who just endorsed his agenda, as becoming cocky? According to this liberal logic, Republicans should act like losers when they lose, and act like losers when they win.
The Chicago Tribune article quotes a Rutgers political science professor as saying:

In pressing for partial Social Security privatization and overhauling the tax system, Bush is taking a major risk. These are controversial matters that might drive some Republicans to become Democrats.

Such brilliance. It's like saying Republicans should forfeit their agenda now or else they might have to in the future. They should give up a bird in the hand for none in the bush. Either way, no conservative agenda. How convenient for liberals. In their minds eye the election results were all about political strategy and packaging rather than the merits of the issues--about form over substance.

Isn't it a rank form of patronizing to treat the voters as the programmed robots of Karl Rove rather than mostly intelligent cretures with independent views who presently align more closely with the Republican message?

But this concept doesn't compute with liberal elites whose conceit prevents them from considering the possibility that voters, if exposed to their naked ideas, will flat out reject them.

www.townhall.com/columnists/davidlimbaugh/printdl20041130.shtml

me doust think they protest to much.....

show me a liberal that doesn't accuse another of that which they themselves are guilty and i will show you a republican

Does anyone remember when Clinton took his 43% "mandate," implemented the largest tax increase in American history, and then tried to implement his wife's socialized health care system? And now the Democrats are complaining about a President with a real mandate, and they have the audacity to tell us not to try the same thing?

:blah2:

Bonnie said:

In pressing for partial Social Security privatization and overhauling the tax system, Bush is taking a major risk. These are controversial matters that might drive some Republicans to become Democrats.

I've known some conservatives - myself included - who have been guilty, a time or two, of poor logic. But, as God as my witness, the only people I've ever seen practicing ANTILOGIC are liberals. The above quote is a breathtaking example.

If a Republican president uses his mandate - as promised - to take a Republican approach to the issues, he might drive some Republicans to become Democrats. Only a person who has convinced himself that up is down and black is white could make such a statement.

musicman said:
I've known some conservatives - myself included - who have been guilty, a time or two, of poor logic. But, as God as my witness, the only people I've ever seen practicing ANTILOGIC are liberals. The above quote is a breathtaking example.

If a Republican president uses his mandate - as promised - to take a Republican approach to the issues, he might drive some Republicans to become Democrats. Only a person who has convinced himself that up is down and black is white could make such a statement.

Oh yes, and the other notable piece of this was the quote that said, when Democrats win, Republicans should just be quiet and good losers, when the Republicans win Republicans should just be quiet and be good losers.........So true!!

Bonnie said:
Oh yes, and the other notable piece of this was the quote that said, when Democrats win, Republicans should just be quiet and good losers, when the Republicans win Republicans should just be quiet and be good losers.........So true!!

Liberalism = dementia. I see more proof of it every day.

If anybody knows Arrogance it's them thar liberals. Bernie Goldberg even wrote a whole book about it.

I've been keeping my eye on the Ohio voter fraud articles that have been popping up. Kerry is now in on the recount.

I really don't think they'll find anything amiss. I'll be sick if the outcome changes and Kerry is pres. :mad:

Trigg said:
I've been keeping my eye on the Ohio voter fraud articles that have been popping up. Kerry is now in on the recount.

I really don't think they'll find anything amiss. I'll be sick if the outcome changes and Kerry is pres. :mad:

Please... Im still baksing in the glow of Bush's win...........

Trigg said:

that being, stealing an election.. I will call for secession or civil war...

Forum List

Back