Who's a minority in 2009?

"Who's a minority in 2009?"

A Republican in Congress.

And over time, who's a minority changes. Whites will be the minority in America by 2050. Then see who'll be bitching about keeping affirmative action hiring practices then!:lol:

I can't see any evidence that Quinn was hired because of minority status. It looks to me that the agency hires by lottery...as long as you meet certain qualifications you are put into a pool and hired by lottery.
T crash puts spotlight on hiring criteria - The Boston Globe

This original article still appears to be nothing but a FLAME.

actually, at the time he applied in 2004, the T was under a court order regarding minority hiring practices. i can't find a lot of detail on what the order specified, however. the order was lifted in 2005. whether transgendered was a specific minority that they were looking for, i have no clue.
But twenty-two months ago was when he got hired. I found a lottery application on line, and it does seem that they go strictly by qualification and not by gender, ethnicity, etc. Though there is a place to mark it for statistical purposes.

It actually sounds like a reasonable attempt to make sure people AREN'T given special treatment...I could be reading it wrong and after all, this is Boston. :eek:

you've got that right.:lol::lol::lol:

We have a very slim story with few facts and a ton of speculation--all in the name of sensationalizing.

What's astounding is no one interested in discussing the circumstances of this accident.:cuckoo:

the asshat was texting, ran a red light in the tunnel and then hit a stopped train.

not much else.

We've had at least three teenagers do the same thing here in the past six months -- hit fixed objects (mostly trees) while texting.

I look at texting as the new herd culler. Unfortunately, the texters don't just cull themselves, though.

Forum List

Back