Whore Power!

RadiomanATL

Jun 13, 2009
Not here
Bad laws, not bad whores, say sex workers | News.com.au

SEX workers have rallied in Sydney to demand an end to "whore-phobic" attitudes and greater protection under anti-discrimination laws.

Chanting "sex worker rights are human rights" and "no bad whores, just bad laws", dozens of protesters marched from the Opera House today in a bid to have their rights recognised.

Many carried red umbrellas, a symbol of the global movement, while others made statements with T-shirts reading "whore power" and "sluts unite".

"We are human beings, we are people, we do a job and we are continually vilified for that job," sex worker Julie Bates said, noting that little had changed in the way of community attitudes during her 30-year career.

"So whilst we remained silenced, today is a chance for us to speak to the community, so we have a voice.

They are probably mad because politicians do the same work, get all kinds of bennies from the state and are admired, whereas they get sick from it.

Life is so unfair.

Never understood why you can give it away for free, but charging for it is a crime

• Thanks
Reactions: blu
I'll never get tired of this T-shirt:

$satans_whore_.jpg

Sex between consenting adults should not be legislated in any manner whatsoever, imo. We need such laws about as much as a fish needs a bicycle.

Moral relativism. Whores have been villified since before Mary Magdelene and they will continue to be so no matter how much they scream for respect. What parent would proudly proclaim "my daughter sucks dicks for cash"?

Moral relativism. Whores have been villified since before Mary Magdelene and they will continue to be so no matter how much they scream for respect. What parent would proudly proclaim "my daughter sucks dicks for cash"?

What parent would proudly proclaim "My daughter sits on her ass with no job." more? A job is a job. Some people would say being a janitor is not a job that gets respect, but it does from me.

I think you need to recheck yourself on that one Chanel.

Hell no!!!! Chanel... Much better you should proclaim "someone's daughter sucks dicks for free!!" Not "your" daughter cuz that would be ignorant!

Point taken!

:clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2:

Last edited:

Forum List

Back