Whoops! CIA Man Retracts Claim on Waterboarding

How many have we blown off?

Your point is totally off base with mine.

In any case are we to become like them?

Well they did it first sounds kinda childish.

i thought killing people was ok, it is dripping water on their heads that is not

some tend to take offense if you capture them and then cut their heads off. This is most understandable for them. However it does not mean we act in a similar fashion else we are no better than they are.

when do you ever make sense? and btw, how is the amish toaster treating you?

If we had just waterboarded Rove and Cheney in early 02 we might really have saved a lot of lives.

You are entitled to your opinion, no matter how stupid it is.

Ohh it was just a what if thing.
but had the destortions been known early on we would not have invaded Iraq.
Think of the lives that would have saved on both sides. And our reputation in the world as well. After we of course executed rove and cheny for treason.

Ohh those what if's.....

Bullshit. How many heads have we cut off?

So Ollie

Do you endorse US soldiers being tortured if the information they give up will save lives?

Of course not. But we are not the terrorists out to kill any and all Muslims are we? The enemy here will kill you as soon as give you the time of day. And if they can make a terror statement out of your death they will do so as a matter of course.
We used enhanced interrogation on 3 people. How many of our troops have gone through much much worse.

I really don't care what people think about it. it worked and we saved innocent lives. What innocent lives are terrorists trying to save?

You made the statement that it is OK to torture if it saves lives. By your logic, the torture of US soldiers is acceptable if the soldures give life saving information. You say that because we only did it three times it is acceptable.....so torturing three soldiers is OK....Its ONLY Three

So Ollie

Do you endorse US soldiers being tortured if the information they give up will save lives?

Of course not. But we are not the terrorists out to kill any and all Muslims are we? The enemy here will kill you as soon as give you the time of day. And if they can make a terror statement out of your death they will do so as a matter of course.
We used enhanced interrogation on 3 people. How many of our troops have gone through much much worse.

I really don't care what people think about it. it worked and we saved innocent lives. What innocent lives are terrorists trying to save?

You made the statement that it is OK to torture if it saves lives. By your logic, the torture of US soldiers is acceptable if the soldures give life saving information. You say that because we only did it three times it is acceptable.....so torturing three soldiers is OK....Its ONLY Three

Retard.

So Ollie

Innocent lives. Think about it. If you are able.

so you would support the torture of Cheney and Rove to prevent the Iraq invasion then?

Ollie

We have no expectation for our soldiers to be treated any better than we treat our prisoners. If we openly and proudly torture prisoners because by you own justification "We only did it three times" and "it saved lives" we are in fact, giving permission for our own soldiers to be tortured under those conditions.

so you would support the torture of Cheney and Rove to prevent the Iraq invasion then?

No I would not support torture of Cheney or Rove. Though I wished Rove would have disappeared right after the initial invasion.

Ollie

We have no expectation for our soldiers to be treated any better than we treat our prisoners. If we openly and proudly torture prisoners because by you own justification "We only did it three times" and "it saved lives" we are in fact, giving permission for our own soldiers to be tortured under those conditions.

Only in your eyes and those who for some strange reason want the USA to be the bad guy. Besides I still contend that it wasn't torture. Certainly doesn't compare with what our troops have endured through the years.

I was tortured just the other day. At the dentist. And what makes it even worse is I paid them to do it!!!!!!

You are so naive to think the way we treat prisoners will influence the way our soldiers are treated.

History has already proven that logic is wrong.

You are so naive to think the way we treat prisoners will influence the way our soldiers are treated.

The germans treated our prisoners far better than the Joos or the Ruskies didn't they?

I think even the japs treated our prisoners better than the chinese ones.

History is on my side.

What history are you studying? :eusa_eh:

When US soldiers are tortured, don't the torturers think they are saving lives? American soldiers have information on tactics, capabilities, strengths and vulnerabilities.....by your logic, our soldiers can be tortured because the information will save lives

You act like we are fighting an enemy that isnt going to torture our soldiers when they create videos of themselves torturing people and cutting off their head.

Forum List

Back