Whoopi Goldberg's lesson in capitalism and the market place

MtnBiker

Sep 28, 2003
Rocky Mountains
NEW YORK (Reuters) - Comedian Whoopi Goldberg (news) will no longer appear in ads for diet aid maker Slim-Fast following her lewd riff on President Bush (news - web sites)'s name at a fund-raiser last week, the company said on Wednesday.

Florida-based Slim-Fast said it was "disappointed" in Goldberg's remarks at last Thursday's $7.5 million star-studded fund-raiser at Radio City Music Hall in New York.

"Ads featuring Ms. Goldberg will no longer be on the air," Slim-Fast General Manager Terry Olson said in a statement, adding that the company regrets that Goldberg's remarks offended some
customers.

Full Story

Well, that's one way to lose a sponsor.

I guess Whoopie will have to sell the ranch and move into Motel 6.:rolleyes:

Originally posted by nycflasher
Well, that's one way to lose a sponsor.

I guess Whoopie will have to sell the ranch and move into Motel 6.:rolleyes:

naw, she could always hawk for Listerine - kills germs and bad breath.

Masengill Douche products to get that fresh and clean feeling.

Tampax Tampons - to stop the flow

and maybe

Kaopectate - to stop that running feeling.

I'm not really sure why Slim Fast picked her in the first place. The gawd awful clothes she wears you would never be able to tell if she lost weight or not.

Originally posted by MtnBiker
I'm not really sure why Slim Fast picked her in the first place. The gawd awful clothes she wears you would never be able to tell if she lost weight or not.

No truth in advertising worries in that case.

Maybe they thought showing posters of her with their product would make people lose their appetite.
:laugh: :laugh: :rotflmao:

Whoopi slams GOP

Calls outrage over Prez bashing 'a little fake'

Whoopi Goldberg

WASHINGTON - Whoopi Goldberg lashed out at Republicans again yesterday, branding them hypocrites for trying to "punish" her for joking about the President.
Fired from her gig as SlimFast spokeswoman, the salty entertainer hit back at Republicans who threatened a SlimFast boycott over sexual puns she made about President Bush's name at a Democratic fund-raiser.

"America's heart and soul is freedom of expression without fear of reprisal," she said in a statement.

"I find all this feigned indignation about 'Bush bashing' quite disingenuous," she said, noting the Bush administration has savagely gone after critics like former Sen. Max Cleland, Iraq whistleblower Joseph Wilson and ex-terrorism chief Richard Clarke.

"For the Republican Party to pretend this is new to them seems a little fake," she said.

"The fact that I am no longer the spokesman for SlimFast makes me sad, but not as sad as someone trying to punish me for exercising my right as an American to speak my mind."

Full Story

"America's heart and soul is freedom of expression without fear of reprisal," she said in a statement.

So Whoopi can say anything she wants and believes that there cannot be any reprisal? It doesn't really matter who she was targeting her comments towards, a large coporation just does not like to have spokespersons that behave in the manner which she did.

MtnBiker said:
Whoopi slams GOP

Calls outrage over Prez bashing 'a little fake'

Whoopi Goldberg

WASHINGTON - Whoopi Goldberg lashed out at Republicans again yesterday, branding them hypocrites for trying to "punish" her for joking about the President.
Fired from her gig as SlimFast spokeswoman, the salty entertainer hit back at Republicans who threatened a SlimFast boycott over sexual puns she made about President Bush's name at a Democratic fund-raiser.

"I find all this feigned indignation about 'Bush bashing' quite disingenuous," she said, noting the Bush administration has savagely gone after critics like former Sen. Max Cleland, Iraq whistleblower Joseph Wilson and ex-terrorism chief Richard Clarke.

"For the Republican Party to pretend this is new to them seems a little fake," she said.

"The fact that I am no longer the spokesman for SlimFast makes me sad, but not as sad as someone trying to punish me for exercising my right as an American to speak my mind."

Full Story

So Whoopi can say anything she wants and believes that there cannot be any reprisal? It doesn't really matter who she was targeting her comments towards, a large coporation just does not like to have spokespersons that behave in the manner which she did.

This is what gets me...

Diversity promoter Asa Khalif, who has made headlines for accusing celebrities of insensitivity, cried foul in the Goldberg firing. "I smell racism from beginning to end," said Khalif, head of Racial Unity USA in Pennsylvania. "SlimFast must realize that black women have every right to voice their views."

Racism...wow. Some black 'leaders' make their living over creating Racism where none exists. They'd be out of a job if what they are 'lobbying for' actually happened; complete racial harmony and junk.

Maybe they thought showing posters of her with their product would make people lose their appetite.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

I'm sure she's thinking about the Ditzy Chicks. I never liked her, anyway.

Perhaps we can ask the Canadian government to recall her to get her bolts tightened back at the lab?

You don't have the freedom of expression.

You have the freedom of SPEECH and PRESS.

Nice liberal twist on out of context statements.

Since when does the government have right in hiring and firing decisions for private enterprise?

That's right, it is the GOVERNMENT'S job to employ people and ensure their safety against OTHER'S "freedom of expression".

:puke: :poop:

Forum List

Back