Whooooo hooo My Johnnys seed order is in. Ok who else is vibing for their garden?

Discussion in 'Gardening and Landscaping' started by tinydancer, Apr 15, 2018.

1. gallantwarrior

gallantwarrior Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +10,454
    This year's big project is the barn, next year will be the garden. I'll be terracing a rather steep hillside for everything except potatoes, they will be planted in the flat area below the terrace. I've researched fruit trees grafted onto winter hardy rootstock but am still not convinced that our rather short growing season will allow anything except apples ripen. Apples are good. I can make all kinds of things with apples.

• Winner Winner x 2
  2. IS_JESS_AN_ACCOUNT

IS_JESS_AN_ACCOUNT Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +3,858
    I personally can't grow squat, but have you considered asking Mindful to lead a symposium on the various methods one can use to sex zucchinis? She held an informal session on the topic on another subforum (can't remember which) and it was very informative. Very. :26:

3. Dekster

Dekster Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,407
    Doing a lot more lettuce/leafy things this year. Then the usuals--red potatoes, corn, howver many varieties tomatoes catch my fancy, probably about 6 varieties of pepper--sweet and hot; 3 or 4 squash varieties, zuke; doing I think 4 varieties of cukes; already have onions/garlic in and up; carrots; a couple varieties of beets; leeks; greenbeans; lima beans; peas (which are already in as well); radishes....sure I am forgetting something. I am mentally in adding more permaculture plants mindset though. Did strawberries and already have an asparagus bed. Will probably add a few more blueberries, maybe a couple fig trees; and some more peaches. Maybe another pear. Not sure about that last one though. Built a trellis for them and transplanted some grapes from elsewhere recently. Hopefully they come out. Not sure if I killed them or not.

4. whoisit

whoisit VIP Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +322
    Planted Okra, squash, melons,peppers in our Hugelkultur mound.
    cleaned out greenhouse and still eating our organic or hydro grown tomatoes since since last Fall,
    Planted late so hoping for the best.