WHOO HOO! Keystone to build from Oklahoma to Gulf

Wrong. Demand is down so much due to the recession that gasoline production is far outstripping demand.

So, this means that we're in desperate need of the Keystone XL, to move oil from Canada to the Gulf for export to South America, because?????

Hmmmm? I wonder how all of those middle eastern countries got so rich producing and exporting oil?

Refining Profits and Transportation do not go to Canada.

Transportation profits don't go to Canada???? It's a Canadian company that is doing the transporting.

Having the Oil on hand in Emergency and Crisis, will help our cost.

But this oil is GOING TO SOUTH AMERICA.

You are an Idiot.

Noted, you're unable to offer anything rational, so you are forced to resort to abuse.

Any Country in need with the ability to pay, will benefit from reduced dependency on Mid East Oil.

So its, not for our own sake after all. We're not the ones to gain the benefit, we have to do this because it's our job to provide for the rest of the world.

You're right. You aren't an idiot. You're a freakin' moron fartotheleft.

It's not abuse, Inthemiddle, it's just how I see it, You are an Idiot. We Profit transporting the Oil on American Soil. We Profit, Refining the Oil on American Soil. South America or Whom Ever, benefits by having more secure reliability of Oil now and Tomorrow. We benefit by having more reserve on hand, more refining capacity.

You really need to question your own motives here for being so Anti-Energy, Anti-Infrastructure. Your argument is not all that honest.

Wrong. Demand is down so much due to the recession that gasoline production is far outstripping demand.

So, this means that we're in desperate need of the Keystone XL, to move oil from Canada to the Gulf for export to South America, because?????

Hmmmm? I wonder how all of those middle eastern countries got so rich producing and exporting oil?

Hey!!! Be careful!!! If you try to wake him too abruptly, you might cause him permanent damage. ;)

It's not abuse, Inthemiddle, it's just how I see it, You are an Idiot. We Profit transporting the Oil on American Soil. We Profit, Refining the Oil on American Soil. South America or Whom Ever, benefits by having more secure reliability of Oil now and Tomorrow. We benefit by having more reserve on hand, more refining capacity.

You really need to question your own motives here for being so Anti-Energy, Anti-Infrastructure. Your argument is not all that honest.

Inthemiddle needs a user name change just like truthmatters does. There should be truth in advertising and inthemiddle and truthmatters just ain't so.

we will start refining the Canadian tar sand oil in place of and phase out Venezuelan oil, which is a very heavy crude and refineries are just not sitting out there waiting to refine it, so you can see how that is a double win, right?

It's not abuse, Inthemiddle, it's just how I see it, You are an Idiot.

:lol:

That's why I'm the one making rational appeals, and all you have is name calling. :lol:

:lol: I'm not anti-energy or anti-infrastructure. I'm anti-bad arguments. And it's rather ironic that you accuse me of having an argument that is "not all that honest." My purpose here in this thread is to highlight how those of you creaming your pants of the Keystone have done nothing but continually move the goal post on the alleged reasons why you support it, while the truth seems to (mostly) be that you're just playing politics over your irrational hatred for Obama. First, it was about lowering gas prices. Then, it was about construction jobs. Then, it becomes about the national reserves. Then, it's about helping other countries. All of this speckled with inaccuracies, false information, and in some cases outright contradictions, without much diligence for factual matters and information. What next? Is it for the children too?

It's not abuse, Inthemiddle, it's just how I see it, You are an Idiot.

:lol:

That's why I'm the one making rational appeals, and all you have is name calling. :lol:

:lol: I'm not anti-energy or anti-infrastructure. I'm anti-bad arguments. And it's rather ironic that you accuse me of having an argument that is "not all that honest." My purpose here in this thread is to highlight how those of you creaming your pants of the Keystone have done nothing but continually move the goal post on the alleged reasons why you support it, while the truth seems to (mostly) be that you're just playing politics over your irrational hatred for Obama. First, it was about lowering gas prices. Then, it was about construction jobs. Then, it becomes about the national reserves. Then, it's about helping other countries. All of this speckled with inaccuracies, false information, and in some cases outright contradictions, without much diligence for factual matters and information. What next? Is it for the children too?

Nice try. The problem here is when we eliminate you hypocrisy and diversion, there is little left with your argument.

That's why I'm the one making rational appeals, and all you have is name calling.........

My purpose here in this thread is to highlight how those of you creaming your pants of the Keystone have done nothing but continually move the goal post on the alleged reasons why you support it, while the truth seems to (mostly) be that you're just playing politics over your irrational hatred for Obama.

I've not changed my argument nor moved any goal posts. I have had the same arguments going back on multiple threads. You are either misinformed or disingenuous.

I don't hate Obama. I just don't believe him, trust him, or respect him. That is not hate. I have No bad feelings about him as a Human Being. I've seen much worse, and with extremely rare exception do not Hate Anybody. You are Projecting.

Hey!!! Be careful!!! If you try to wake him too abruptly, you might cause him permanent damage. ;)

This is exactly what I mean. It makes absolutely no sense to argue such a point. Canada is producing the oil and exporting it.

This is exactly what I mean. It makes absolutely no sense to argue such a point. Canada is producing the oil and exporting it.

What you are missing is what happens to it after exportation, and who's rules govern what happens.

This is a victory.

Whoopsies. Meant to hit preview.

And now of all things the President is "welcoming" this plan.:lol:

Obama 'welcomes' plan to build southern Keystone leg
Lemme guess......you missed the More on This Story column, right??​

February 29, 2012

profile_pic2.jpg

Jim Hightower

"The dirty little secret that those pushing so urgently for building Keystone XL don't want you to know is that the tar sands oil producers are in cahoots with Texas refineries to move the product onto the lucrative global export market, selling it to buyers in Europe, Latin America and China — not to you and me.

The pipeline and the toxic crude it'll carry across six states would do absolutely nothing to shave even a penny off of the price we pay at the pump.

Already, U.S. refineries are exporting records amounts of the gasoline they make. For the first time in 62 years, America is now a net petroleum exporter."

"I believe the banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies. If the American people ever allow banks to control the issue of their currency, first by inflation, then by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around [the banks] will deprive the people of all property until their children wake up homeless on the continent their Fathers conquered.”

Last edited by a moderator:

Pssssssssstttttttt.... there's a shitload of refineries at the terminus of the pipeline.

This is a victory.

Whoopsies. Meant to hit preview.

And now of all things the President is "welcoming" this plan.:lol:

Obama 'welcomes' plan to build southern Keystone leg
Lemme guess......you missed the More on This Story column, right??​

February 29, 2012

profile_pic2.jpg

Jim Hightower

"The dirty little secret that those pushing so urgently for building Keystone XL don't want you to know is that the tar sands oil producers are in cahoots with Texas refineries to move the product onto the lucrative global export market, selling it to buyers in Europe, Latin America and China — not to you and me.

The pipeline and the toxic crude it'll carry across six states would do absolutely nothing to shave even a penny off of the price we pay at the pump.

Already, U.S. refineries are exporting records amounts of the gasoline they make. For the first time in 62 years, America is now a net petroleum exporter."

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EhPtot1voLk]BILL MOYERS JOURNAL | Jim Hightower | PBS - YouTube[/ame]​

:piss2:Common Dreams

Never a peep from anyone about exporting our food and burning our corn squeezin's. Or exporting our corn squeezin's. Or the toxic shit that's constantly spread over millions of acres of erstwhile pristine land, all the while polluting streams, rivers, oceans, aquifers.

Drilling rigs, pumpjacks, and pipelines use a tiny splinter of land compared to the tens of thousands of square miles that have been denuded in the name of exporting our grains. Forests, grasslands, wetlands- gone forever. $8 corn and $12 beans- you think that doesn't translate to windfall profits?

"Subsidies"?
Farmers are given subsidies- the petroleum industry is allowed nothing that other industries aren't allowed with respect to tax treatment on investment.

You have no perspective and you have no sense of priority.

Sorry Ernie, I think the ME situation is about to heat up by next week, I'm looking for $4+.

Forum List

Back