Whom does Obama most resemble in ruling style?

Who does Obama most resemble as a ruler?

• Charles I of England

Votes: 1 25.0%
  • George III of England

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Kaiser Wilhelm II of Germany

• Emperor Franz Joseph of Austria

• James II of England

• The Tukuagawa Shoguns of Japan

• Consul Crassus of the late Roman republic

• Total voters
Sep 12, 2008
George III was vain of his own brains, intransigent and refused to change his mind on anything

James II was at odds with most of his subjects and insisted on forcing unpopular legislation no matter how unpopular.

Charles I Arrogant, conceited and self destructive.

Obama has no leadership experience or governing experience. He has no business experience and has never been in charge of anything. To make it worse, he surrounded himself with idiots and fired the few who could actually help him do his job. I have high school students with more leadership "style" than Obama.

George III was vain of his own brains, intransigent and refused to change his mind on anything

James II was at odds with most of his subjects and insisted on forcing unpopular legislation no matter how unpopular.

Charles I Arrogant, conceited and self destructive.

Who does Obama most resemble as a ruler?
Charles I of England
George III of England
Kaiser Wilhelm II of Germany
Emperor Franz Joseph of Austria
James II of England
The Tukuagawa Shoguns of Japan
Consul Crassus of the late Roman republic

Most of these were Kings or dictators that really didn't have to deal with elections.

I'd pick someone that wanted the authority but not the responsibility.

Abraham Lincoln - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia - For using the opinions of adversaries in fomulation of domestic policies.

John F. Kennedy - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia - Same style and calls for shared sacrifice
Bill Clinton - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia - Pragmatic common sense economic polices.
George H. W. Bush - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia - Realpolitik foreign agenda. Heck Robert Gates is even part of the staff.

Wiki is, like, McDonalds when it comes to political references. Lots of fat and salt and calories, but no nutrition.

Abraham Lincoln - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia - For using the opinions of adversaries in fomulation of domestic policies.

John F. Kennedy - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia - Same style and calls for shared sacrifice
Bill Clinton - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia - Pragmatic common sense economic polices.
George H. W. Bush - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia - Realpolitik foreign agenda. Heck Robert Gates is even part of the staff.

Wiki is, like, McDonalds when it comes to political references. Lots of fat and salt and calories, but no nutrition.

Naw.

I think this post is like Pabst Blue Ribbon. Sounds good, cheap..until you sample it.

You cannot, under any circumstances, compare a former King of England to the incumbant US President. I just flies in the face of all that's morally decent.

You cannot, under any circumstances, compare a former King of England to the incumbant US President. I just flies in the face of all that's morally decent.

Wasn't Henry a used car salesman?

Wait...they didn't have cars back then...maybe a used horse salesman or something.

If the shoe fits....

Not on your list… but I’d go with Adolph Hitler.

“Hitler saw himself as “an agent of Providence, a man of Destiny, whose vision of the future was infallible.”1 Hitler was convinced beyond any doubt that it was he, and he alone, who possessed the vision, the will power, and the political and military insight to restore Germany to her rightful place among the other nations of the world. This awe-inspiring self-confidence did, however, have its drawbacks as demonstrated by Hitler’s inability to accept criticism from those who may not have agreed with his enlightened opinions, views, or decisions.

[Hitler’s] power over the people was partly due to his extraordinary talent as an orator. “His speeches were an instrument of political intoxication that inspired a degree of fervor in his listeners that seems to defy definition and explanation.

Hitler was a master at the use of the spoken word and a genius at the art of manipulating mass propaganda for his political ends. His uncanny ability to appeal to the subconscious and irrational needs of his audience and to solicit the desired response made him a formidable political figure.”

Hitler was a showman with a great sense for the dramatic. Not only did he schedule his speeches late in the evening when his audience would be tired and their resistance lowered through natural causes, but would always send an assistant ahead of time to make a short speech and warm up the audience. Storm troopers always played an important role at these meetings and would line the aisle through which he would pass. At the psychological moment, Hitler would appear in the door at the back of the hall. Then with a small group behind him, he would march through the rows of S.A. men to reach the speaker’s table. He never glanced to the right or to the left as he came down the aisle and became greatly annoyed if anyone tried to accost him or hampered his progress.

It was not uncommon for women to faint or for the crowd’s emotions to range from
tears to an overwhelming frenzy to the point they were ready and willing to believe almost
anything he told them. Hitler was one of the first politicians to utilize the modern
technology of his time such as floodlights, public address systems, radio broadcasts, and
air transportation to keep the public constantly aware of his political views. Time and
time again, he bombarded the German people with the same underlying message: the
crucial moment was at hand for Germany to face her destiny, that her problems were
unique, and they required new and demanding solutions, and above all it was he and he
alone who could provide Germany with the leadership she needed to achieve her destiny.

Read more - http://www.au.af.mil/au/awc/awcgate/acsc/97-0609h.pdf

Sieg Obama!!!

Wait...they didn't have cars back then...maybe a used horse salesman or something.

No, going by his marital history, Henry VIII was a used-wife salesman. Running the country was just a hobby.

No, going by his marital history, Henry VIII was a used-wife salesman. Running the country was just a hobby.

See... except for the golf, he has something in common with Obama.

Not on your list… but I’d go with Adolph Hitler.

Adolph Hitler was just misunderstood.

He was a great leader.

But that WWII thing kind of ruined his reputation. :doubt:

Why are we not surprised you're an Adolph Hitler admirer?

Freaking Commie idiot

Being an evil asshole aside-Hitler was a great leader. As I said an evil asshole, psychotic leader-but a great leader none the less.

And stop comparing Obama to Hitler. That's extreme and you know it. If you think Obama is THAT bad of a president (I don't think he's a good president btw)-feel free to leave the country. Don't let the door hit you on the ass on the way out.

Forum List

Back