Whom do YOU trust for your political data?

Big Fitz

User Quit *****
Nov 23, 2009
It appears the Daily Kos got burned by their polsters. Very interesting indeed.

Markos charges polling fraud - Ben Smith - POLITICO.com

We were defrauded by Research 2000, and while we don't know if some or all of the data was fabricated or manipulated beyond recognition, we know we can't trust it.

At least they are coming clean about it... but then that makes you wonder why they are coming out with this data now? An early, controlled release to minimize and hide damage? Or someone leaking information somewhere forcing it's release?

I only trust internet message boards.

If you can't trust what you read here.....who can you trust?

We were defrauded by Research 2000, and while we don't know if some or all of the data was fabricated or manipulated beyond recognition, we know we can't trust it.

At least they are coming clean about it... but then that makes you wonder why they are coming out with this data now? An early, controlled release to minimize and hide damage? Or someone leaking information somewhere forcing it's release?

Actually, the problem was not with Kos, but the pollsters who gave them incorrect info.

To my thinking, it should be a teachable moment for the AGW greeniacs, who should see the pollsters are just human...lazy, dishonest? But the same as so many of the warmist 'scientists' have proven to be.

Markos didn't want the truth, so why bother looking for it. They would get canned either way, so putting in the effort would have been counter productive.

But this sounds so much like the global warming silliness as to make me wonder if it isn't a satire

No, this came about because a noted polling website called FiveThirtyEight.com alerted Kos to irregularities found in Research2000's results, which prompted Kos to hire a few independent pollsters to check them out:

FiveThirtyEight: Politics Done Right: My Own Suspicions About Research 2000

But the bottom line question is STILL:

WTF CAN we trust for TRUTHFUL Information?

This and the Global Warming stats are proving to be false/invented;

newspapers, tv news/networks, even radio have shown themselves to be BIASED;

wiki, although good, is NOT an "authority" of any consequence;

and Snopes, FactFinder and other sites of that sort are ALSO heavily biased, if not absolute liars.

Right now, I have to depend upon myself, to read BOTH sides of every assertion,

but that depends on my own ability to critically think through each different situation,

and I'm DEFINITELY not "always correct," much to my ego's chagrin. ;)

I trust fox or rasmussen! They rule! Fair and balanced baby.

I see Zona's brainwashing is nearly complete. :rolleyes: That said, I just found it interesting that the Daily Kos was being lied to by opportunists telling them what they wanted to hear. Of course, you have to wonder about the independent pollsters that found this out if THEY are trustworthy too.

Oh, and yeah, Zona is definitely NOT Go Eagles. Not smart enough and definitely not smarmy enough.

TruthMatters. :tongue:

Shit! Immie acknowledges that Yurt beat him to that.

Immie

Last edited:
Trust NO ONE! They all have a political bias. I would love for a legit news agency to form and just report the factual data with no spin or lies by omission.

I see Zona's brainwashing is nearly complete. :rolleyes: That said, I just found it interesting that the Daily Kos was being lied to by opportunists telling them what they wanted to hear. Of course, you have to wonder about the independent pollsters that found this out if THEY are trustworthy too.

Oh, and yeah, Zona is definitely NOT Go Eagles. Not smart enough and definitely not smarmy enough.

Fair and balanced isn't smarmy enough? If not, I really don't know what is. That is the biggest joke in the media, Fox saying fair and balanced. They report, you decide? lol.

That is smarmy in my opnion. :eusa_whistle:

"Republicans originally thought that Fox worked for us, and now we are discovering we work for Fox" - David Frum
March 23, 2010 11:45 am ET

Oh that's easy....Ed Schultz, Keith Olberman, Rachel Maddow and Chris Mathews...

Now, if you're asking me who I trust for REAL news...not just political data...which is fed to us from the fed... I'm gonna have to scrap all of the above names and go with Jon Stewart

Forum List

Back