Who'll Stop the Rain?

I am not blaming Bush for 9/11. I am saying perception is reality. No President wants to be blamed for the next 9/11, an event which is as inevitable as the sun rising tomorrow.

Cutting defense would be the driving wedge of the scapegoaters. They would poison the well ahead of time.

This is the state of our political landscape today. Perceptions are all that matter any more, not reality. A simple observance of the complete detachment from reality of the partisans these days is all the hard evidence you need.

So Obama is not going to put up a big fight to cut defense. He does not want to be "the one who got all those Americans killed". Just look how the loons have worked so hard to stick that label on him for Benghazi. The ultimate motive behind that whole deal was to protect the MIC.

I wish I could be optimistic that someone will have the courage to stand up and make a stand, but I'm afraid the lunatic fringe is in charge of both camps these days. And every last one of them is too chickenshit to stand out only to be beheaded for being a "RINO" or "America Hater" or whathaveyou.

I knew YOU weren't casting that blame - I was just trying to point out how silly it is for ANYONE to do that.

And I have to believe that more and more Americans are getting sophisticated enough to see through the optics of an issue and accept (even embrace) common sense.

Judging by the links and videos which are regularly posted on here from sources widely read and regurgitated by millions of people, and examining and deconstructing the unbelievably retarded and illogical material therein, and listening to the widespread sloganeering generated by such drivel, I am afraid I am no longer optimistic for the forseeable future.

I think we are literally going to have to wait for large numbers of this lost and wasted generation to die off.

What generation is that?

I knew YOU weren't casting that blame - I was just trying to point out how silly it is for ANYONE to do that.

And I have to believe that more and more Americans are getting sophisticated enough to see through the optics of an issue and accept (even embrace) common sense.

Judging by the links and videos which are regularly posted on here from sources widely read and regurgitated by millions of people, and examining and deconstructing the unbelievably retarded and illogical material therein, and listening to the widespread sloganeering generated by such drivel, I am afraid I am no longer optimistic for the forseeable future.

I think we are literally going to have to wait for large numbers of this lost and wasted generation to die off.

What generation is that?

Everyone over 30.

I sound very Logan's Run-ish all of a sudden. :lol:

Our education system has failed us. We are a nation of idiots.

We elect dumber and dumber politicians to (ahem) "lead" us.

And we listen to more and more retarded pundits. I am amazed these guys are able to find their offices every day. Seriously. I think all of their mental energy is used getting upright on their hind legs, so there's nothing left to put in the microphone or on the web page except insane braying.

Last edited:
The fact that you know Logan's Run seems to put you on the hit list...

But I agree in part. It does seem to me that the older a person gets, the less equipped they seem to be to respond to a changing political climate. And sometimes the wheels grind excruciatingly slow. But I'm relatively optimistic. Maybe because I am so cynical ... I just think SOMEONE will see this opportunity and seize it.

Forum List

Back