Wholesale Gun Paranoia in America

Desperado

Diamond Member
Mar 13, 2012
What ever happened to the land of the Free and home of the Brave?
I think this phase is quickly becoming obsolete and distant memory.

This wholesale paranoia of guns is just gone over the top.
Take just two cases in the last few days:

First grader suspended for making gun gesture with finger at Maryland school
Are you really that afraid of a first grader pointing their finger at you?
First grader suspended for making gun gesture with finger at Maryland school | Fox News

Then we have the Police Kicked Out Of Belleville Denny’s For Being Armed
Really? Where did the common sense in America Go?
Police Kicked Out Of Belleville Denny’s For Being Armed « CBS St. Louis

The first example is justifiable.

The second one is the one you should be citing. Pretty strange thing to do.

First-graders aren't supposed to be making gun-related gestures.

Cops are SUPPOSED to be armed, aren't they?

The first example is justifiable.

The second one is the one you should be citing. Pretty strange thing to do.

First-graders aren't supposed to be making gun-related gestures.

Cops are SUPPOSED to be armed, aren't they?

I find both to be ridiculous.

A first grader suspended because of a finger gesture?
The Second one with the cops being kicked out of Denny's goes way beyond stupid.

I agree with the second one.

Take the school's point of view on the first one. What happens when all the kids go home and tell their parents "what happened in school today, hon?"? They didn't have a lot of choice here.

Chicago mayor Emanuel is posturing for more gun laws even though Chi Town has one of the most restrictive gun laws in the Country and the murder rate continues to rise. Washington D.C. has insanely restrictive gun laws and it has one of the highest murder rate averages. If the left was serious about gun laws it would try to get to the bottom of the Fast/Furious gun running scheme where perhaps hundreds of innocent Mexican civilians and a US Border Patrol officer were killed with guns furnished by the ATF. Indict the Attorney General for his role in the mess and maybe we will take the left seriously. Strengthen the laws that allow the involuntary commitment of dangerously insane people and maybe while you are at it gut busy and convict and execute the jihad major for killing 13 of his own men.

Take the school's point of view on the first one. What happens when all the kids go home and tell their parents "what happened in school today, hon?"? They didn't have a lot of choice here.

A kid would go home and say "I saw Johnny point his finger".

It's time to ban the letter L. If you change the configuration it looks just like a gun.

If the kids are actually learning something, that might be the subject of " what happens in school today ".

As a kid we used to play cops and robbers.. Someone was always stuck w/o a real "fake gun" and was resolute to point that menacing finger.
Oh the horror!!!

What ever happened to the land of the Free and home of the Brave?
I think this phase is quickly becoming obsolete and distant memory.

This wholesale paranoia of guns is just gone over the top.
Take just two cases in the last few days:

First grader suspended for making gun gesture with finger at Maryland school
Are you really that afraid of a first grader pointing their finger at you?
First grader suspended for making gun gesture with finger at Maryland school | Fox News

Then we have the Police Kicked Out Of Belleville Denny’s For Being Armed
Really? Where did the common sense in America Go?
Police Kicked Out Of Belleville Denny’s For Being Armed « CBS St. Louis

yea, there is some major over reacting going on here

It's not the guns that concern me . . . it's the gun OWNERS. Some of those fuckers as stupid as shit, and a few of them are very poorly adjusted in general.

"Johnny pointed his finger at me like he wanted to SHOOT me."

Can you imagine hearing that?

Kids aren't stupid. They know what happened at Sandy Hook, unless their parents are complete klutzes (not that a lot of them aren't).

The school district would have been flooded with angry calls asking why they hadn't taken any action.

If the kids are actually learning something, that might be the subject of " what happens in school today ".

As a kid we used to play cops and robbers.. Someone was always stuck w/o a real "fake gun" and was resolute to point that menacing finger.
Oh the horror!!!

We used to shoot paperwads at each other. With rubberbands.

People weren't going into schools with weapons and turning them into slaughterhouses back then. Perhaps we SHOULD have been more concerned.

The culture that "violence is the solution" wouldn't have escalated as much.

The culture that "violence is the solution" wouldn't have escalated as much.

The culture that "violence is the solution" has absolutely nothing to do with a first grader pointing their finger at someone.
The culture that "violence is the solution" has absolutely nothing to do with a students shooting rubber bands at someone.

Anyone that believes that myth has to have their paranoia level checked.

The culture exists. A group of kids makes fun of you and your "Trenchcoat Mafia" style at school, shoot them. Someone cuts you off in traffic, shoot them. Someone gets mouthy at Little Caesar's, shoot them. Some punk kid is walking home and gets upset because you questioned him(after being TOLD by police to leave it alone), shoot him. Some kids are playing their music too loud at the gas station, shoot them. Your mother loves her kindergarden students more than she loves you, shoot her and then go shoot up the kids. You get fired at work, shoot them.

Don't get mad. Get even.

What part of this sickness don't you see?

Last edited:
The culture exists. A group of kids makes fun of you and your "Trenchcoat Mafia" style at school, shoot them. Someone cuts you off in traffic, shoot them. Someone gets mouthy at Little Caesar's, shoot them. Some punk kid is walking home and gets upset because you questioned him(after being TOLD by police to leave it alone), shoot him. Some kids are playing their music too loud at the gas station, shoot them. Your mother loves her kindergarden students more than she loves you, shoot her and then go shoot up the kids. You get fired at work, shoot them.

Don't get mad. Get even.

What part of this sickness don't you see?

Do you get out much?
How many of these incidents have you actually experienced for yourself?
You seem to be suffering from CableNews Syndrome. It is a Paranoia that is developed from watching an excess of cable news. This can be countered by actually getting out and experiencing life. Im not saying the incidents you describe don't happen, what I am saying is that those incidents are the exception and not the rule.

That's the whole point of LaPierre's little speech. He DOES work for gun manufacturers and really donesn't give a flip about how many people are killed with his product. Because, that's all it is - a product that he's charged with selling.

So, he and the R lackey do their job - Scare the fools into buying more guns. The more paranoia, the better cuz it sells more guns.

"Johnny pointed his finger at me like he wanted to SHOOT me."

Can you imagine hearing that?

Kids aren't stupid. They know what happened at Sandy Hook, unless their parents are complete klutzes (not that a lot of them aren't).

The school district would have been flooded with angry calls asking why they hadn't taken any action.

If I go to a school, stick out my index finger, and say to a student, "Hey, pull my finger", and I then FART, can I be arrested for discharging a firearm in a "gun-free zone"? :eusa_eh:

Forum List

Back