Whole Foods Republicans

WHat qualifications does one need to write a book? Just askin.

Just the money to hire a ghost writer. Or the ability to get someone else to pay for it for you.

I'm with the main premise of the article, remember that from the op? The GOP needs to pay attention to those that aren't fringe, but are quite against the expansion of the federal government, intrusion into the workings of business, marriage, health care, etc. These for the most part are not people that don't want to help those in need, just quite certain that Washington is certainly not the place to begin helping.

And therein lies the rub. The GOP, IMO, is directly responsible for allowing left-wing wackos like Obama, Pelosi and Reid to get elected. They used to be our last line of defense against these Bolsheviks. Why should we trust them now?

How are whole foods people "fake americans"? Because they like to eat food that is locally grown, organic and / or humanely raised? Meanwhile agribusiness wants to irradiate your meat so they can continue to allow even more shit in it and still sell it to you and not kill as many of you (btw, the meat industry is lousy with corporatists and Bush and Reagan deregulated the industry even more - I would say THAT is anti-American. Oh, and the beef industry is a major contributor to the RNC - you know why - profits over country!)? They're elitist because they like to eat healthy food not soaked in carcinogenic pesticides? Not that I'm defending the CEO. I won't shop there anymore because of him.

By the way, anyone born on this soil is an American citizen.

PS. Don't read this if you're eating breakfast...
What's in the Meat? excerpted from the book Fast Food Nation by Eric Schlosser

Last edited:
Just the money to hire a ghost writer. Or the ability to get someone else to pay for it for you.

I'm with the main premise of the article, remember that from the op? The GOP needs to pay attention to those that aren't fringe, but are quite against the expansion of the federal government, intrusion into the workings of business, marriage, health care, etc. These for the most part are not people that don't want to help those in need, just quite certain that Washington is certainly not the place to begin helping.

And therein lies the rub. The GOP, IMO, is directly responsible for allowing left-wing wackos like Obama, Pelosi and Reid to get elected. They used to be our last line of defense against these Bolsheviks. Why should we trust them now?

IMO, shouldn't trust any that have broken trust. I'm for new blood, such as ranks of the libertarian/tea party folks. But I'm not for handing the elections to the Democrats, especially not the group in power.

IMO, shouldn't trust any that have broken trust. I'm for new blood, such as ranks of the libertarian/tea party folks. But I'm not for handing the elections to the Democrats, especially not the group in power.

Republicans are so entrenched in defining what a "real republican" is that they would rather have a Democrat elected than someone who is moderate on non essential issues.

Republicans need to rally around fiscal conservatives and allow some personal conscience on social conservative issues

Republicans are so entrenched in defining what a "real republican" is that they would rather have a Democrat elected than someone who is moderate on non essential issues.

Republicans need to rally around fiscal conservatives and allow some personal conscience on social conservative issues

Obviously not all, by a longshot. Reason for article publication and my posting. Also note the mostly reasonable responses of 'conservatives' and spin/diversions thrown out here by 'liberals.'

Obviously not all, by a longshot. Reason for article publication and my posting. Also note the mostly reasonable responses of 'conservatives' and spin/diversions thrown out here by 'liberals.'

GOP is still involved in an internal struggle to define what a true republican is. Given their 40% margin in both houses they need to start being more inclusive on acceptable candidates. When you have 40% of Congress, you need to recruit anyone with an (R) by there name until you can claim a majority.

GOP is still involved in an internal struggle to define what a true republican is. Given their 40% margin in both houses they need to start being more inclusive on acceptable candidates. When you have 40% of Congress, you need to recruit anyone with an (R) by there name until you can claim a majority.

You obviously hate the GOP. Why should anyone listen to you?

I certainly hope they don't 'start being more inclusive'. I would prefer 3 or 4 major parties in America. The Democrat Party is divided and so is the Republican Party. That's 4 potential parties right there.

I resemble that. Interesting article in WSJ:

Michael Petrilli: Whole Foods Republicans - WSJ.com

"...What's needed is a full-fledged effort to cultivate "Whole Foods Republicans"—independent-minded voters who embrace a progressive lifestyle but not progressive politics. These highly-educated indiividuals appreciate diversity and would never tell racist or homophobic jokes; they like living in walkable urban environments; they believe in environmental stewardship, community service and a spirit of inclusion."
So why are they still Republicans?

Who the hell wants to live in an urban environment?

Not me.

All those people crowding every inch of open space.

It gives me the creeps.

You obviously hate the GOP. Why should anyone listen to you?

Hate the GOP? I miss the real GOP

I have been a registered Republican for 20 years and am still waiting for my party to return to me. If Republicans want to recapture national offices, they are going to have to find a way to appeal to voters like me

I love living in an urban environment. Like being able to walk or take the subway anywhere I need to go. I love being able to go to MOMA and see a Miro` exhibit on a Saturday afternoon, or to go to Inoteca and get truffled eggs on toast for dinner. I love the streets and windows being dressed for the holidays and people-watching at the park. I like living in a Russian/Pakistani/Polish/Hasid/Indian/Mexican/Palestinian neighborhood. I like being able to get fresh fish and cheeses from all over the world two train stops away. If I want to get out in the open, I can go visit my parents in podunk Tennessee, but I'm always really happy to be back home. You know, high density urban centers have less of a detrimental impact on the land than suburbian sprawl does. Did you know one subway cartakes the equivalent of up to 250 cars off the road? One car - not one train - one car on the train.

The Whole Foods people are "fake Americans' and they are elitists. The head of the company is a liberal. It just happens that even he sees where health care needs to go.
Reducing the GOP, or even conservatives, to Beck, Palin, and Limbaugh betrays an ignorance of where the party and movement are.

Exhibit A. :lol:

I love living in an urban environment. Like being able to walk or take the subway anywhere I need to go. I love being able to go to MOMA and see a Miro` exhibit on a Saturday afternoon, or to go to Inoteca and get truffled eggs on toast for dinner. I love the streets and windows being dressed for the holidays and people-watching at the park. I like living in a Russian/Pakistani/Polish/Hasid/Indian/Mexican/Palestinian neighborhood. I like being able to get fresh fish and cheeses from all over the world two train stops away. If I want to get out in the open, I can go visit my parents in podunk Tennessee, but I'm always really happy to be back home. You know, high density urban centers have less of a detrimental impact on the land than suburbian sprawl does. Did you know one subway cartakes the equivalent of up to 250 cars off the road? One car - not one train - one car on the train.

I can get all that shit on the internet and delivered to my rural home.

And I ain't talking suburbs.

I would rather live on 40 acres in the middle of the Rockies than be crammed into a city with a bunch of people.

The Whole Foods people are "fake Americans' and they are elitists. The head of the company is a liberal. It just happens that even he sees where health care needs to go.Reducing the GOP, or even conservatives, to Beck, Palin, and Limbaugh betrays an ignorance of where the party and movement are.

this is a joke right? the whole foods owner is a libertarian and wrote an op-ed against gov healthcare that led to boycotts of his store. and whole foods people like to eath heathly, good tasting food. its non-partisan

I buy my food from whole foods and voted for ron paul. organic/healthy food has nothing to do with party. the progressive food movement is one that is going to win out. in 2 or 3 generations all food will be organic (like it used to be before mass production of crap food).

Forum List

Back