Whoda thunk it? The Jets are in 1st place: Jets 34, Patriots 31

CrimsonWhite

*****istrator Emeritus
Mar 13, 2006
Guntucky
As a Packer Backer, Favre succeeding elsewhere is bittrsweet. But hell, go ahead Brett. Conquer the AFC too. GO GANG GREEN!

FOXBOROUGH, Mass. -- The New York Jets went into Gillette Stadium and proved they're the best team in the AFC East. But it wasn't by much.

The New England Patriots forced sudden death when Randy Moss made a brilliant sideline catch on the last offensive play of regulation, but the Jets marched the opening overtime possession close enough for Jay Feely to kick a 34-yard field goal for a 34-31 victory.

The Jets stormed to an early 24-6 lead, squandered it, scored a touchdown with 3:14 to play and then let the Patriots send the game into overtime.

The Jets have won four straight and are alone atop the AFC East with a 7-3 record. They are 3-1 in the division with one victory over each of the other three clubs.

New England went into Thursday having won 11 of the past 12 meetings.

ESPN - Rapid Reaction: Jets 34, Patriots 31 - AFC East

Anyone who beats the Cheating Pats are AOK in my book! :D

(Oh, and I'm a Packers fan third...Colts #1, Bears #2, Packers #3)

• Thanks
Reactions: del
As a Packer Backer, Favre succeeding elsewhere is bittrsweet. But hell, go ahead Brett. Conquer the AFC too. GO GANG GREEN!

The Packers have been my favorite team for many years and I will always root for them but I've come to realize that I'm a Brett Farve fan through and through too.

I'm thrilled he's doing so well and it is bittersweet because I'd have loved to have seen him remain with the only team in the NFL whose fans seem to love them win or lose, their city owns the team not some greedy suit in the owners box. The tradition of the Packers is unmatched and I SO wanted them to win another Superbowl with Brett in the QB position but alas it was not meant to be.

Now I still have my Packer Backer Blvd. street sign above my bed but this year I'm watching the Jetts and hoping that Brett take them all the way to the end and gets one more chamiponship!

The Packers have been my favorite team for many years and I will always root for them but I've come to realize that I'm a Brett Farve fan through and through too.

I'm thrilled he's doing so well and it is bittersweet because I'd have loved to have seen him remain with the only team in the NFL whose fans seem to love them win or lose, their city owns the team not some greedy suit in the owners box. The tradition of the Packers is unmatched and I SO wanted them to win another Superbowl with Brett in the QB position but alas it was not meant to be.

Now I still have my Packer Backer Blvd. street sign above my bed but this year I'm watching the Jetts and hoping that Brett take them all the way to the end and gets one more chamiponship!

What ELSE do you have over your bed? :D

Anyone who beats the Cheating Pats are AOK in my book! :D

(Oh, and I'm a Packers fan third...Colts #1, Bears #2, Packers #3)

That was one of the best games that I have ever seen. Incredible plays on both sides of the ball...well except for the coaches. I throw up a little in my mouth everytime I see Billicheat on the tube.

• Thanks
Reactions: del
That was one of the best games that I have ever seen. Incredible plays on both sides of the ball...well except for the coaches. I throw up a little in my mouth everytime I see Billicheat on the tube.[/QUOTE]

Doesn't everyone? :lol:

I'm not surprised the Jets are in first place, considering the Jets have Favre and Patriots don't have Brady. Unless Brady makes a miracle recovery, I'd say the division is New York's. What are the odds of an all-New York super bowl?

I just fell in love with you. :redface:

I'm not surprised the Jets are in first place, considering the Jets have Favre and Patriots don't have Brady. Unless Brady makes a miracle recovery, I'd say the division is New York's. What are the odds of an all-New York super bowl?

Slim to none

But you have to admit, that would be pretty cool.

As of now, I'm betting on another Giants repeat.

{Tho I am a woman, and by law am allowed to change my mind at whim....}

Anyone else?

I am now going to give away my total and complete lack of knowledge about football...

Is it theoretically possible for the Jets and Giants to meet in the Superbowl?

If yes, that would be pretty interesting, particularly with Springsteen doing the halftime show and Billy Joel doing the National Anthem.

There's a symmetry to that. ;)

I am now going to give away my total and complete lack of knowledge about football...

Is it theoretically possible for the Jets and Giants to meet in the Superbowl?

If yes, that would be pretty interesting, particularly with Springsteen doing the halftime show and Billy Joel doing the National Anthem.

There's a symmetry to that. ;)

Yes it is possible. Jets play in the afc, giants in the nfc. I have a question about New York. I am assuming fans in Queens root for the Mets. in the Bronx for the Yankees. Who do "Brooklyners" root for? (I assume Manhattan is split)

Yes it is possible. Jets play in the afc, giants in the nfc. I have a question about New York. I am assuming fans in Queens root for the Mets. in the Bronx for the Yankees. Who do "Brooklyners" root for? (I assume Manhattan is split)

I think it depends on what part of Brooklyn you live in and what your roots are. I am the daughter of a Brooklyn Dodgers' fan who still hasn't forgiven them for moving to LA. I was taken to Met games from the time I was old enough to go to a game. I don't think I went to a Yankee Game til I was about 15. My brother being a Yankee fan was not a happy thing for my mom. heh....

Manhattan is Yankee territory, I'd think.

Forum List

Back