Who'd be in your supergroup?

Do people not realize Clapton has not played anything memorable in over 40 years?

We're not asking him to play anything memorable, though that 40 years is a stretch. But he is still alive and that was the only criteria for putting together our groups. And as blues guitarists go, he's right up there at the top and will go down in the annals of music history as a legend. And it will be his guitar, not his voice, that keeps him there though he wasn't that bad a singer.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WxTWQD91b5c]YouTube - Eric Clapton: Groaning The Blues[/ame]

It would definitely depend on the genre as to what group I would put together, but for today let's go with blues:

Vocals: Etta James
Guitar: Eric Clapton and T-Bone Walker
Bass: Bootsy Collins
Keyboard: Keith Emerson
Drummer: Kevin Scoggins
Harp: Big Walter "Shakey" Horton

Keith Emerson....blues?....

How about this one:

Eric Clapton, Ginger Baker, Steve Winwood, and bass player whose name no one can remember.

How about this one:

Eric Clapton, Ginger Baker, Steve Winwood, and bass player whose name no one can remember.

Rick Grech.....he fell into the drug world.(surprise surprise) and went nowhere after Blind Faith and a stint in Traffic....he died in 1990....

Peter Green...Vocals and Guitar....
Danny Kirwan...Vocals and Guitar
Jeremy Spencer...Vocals and Guitar
John McVie...Bass
Mick Fleetwood...Drums

It would definitely depend on the genre as to what group I would put together, but for today let's go with blues:

Vocals: Etta James
Guitar: Eric Clapton and T-Bone Walker
Bass: Bootsy Collins
Keyboard: Keith Emerson
Drummer: Kevin Scoggins
Harp: Big Walter "Shakey" Horton

Keith Emerson....blues?....

Oh yeah. He did a lot of stuff with B.B. King and was a regular at the B.B. King club. He is a much different kind of blues musician than say Clapton, but they are both gifted enough they would work it out.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aV9TvkVhHug]YouTube - Keith Emerson: Honky Tonk Train Blues (Part1)[/ame]

Vocals - Ian Gillan
Lead - Slash
Rhythm - Bruce and Malcolm Young
Bass - Randy Meisner
Drums - Keith Moon
Keyoboards - Ray Manzerek

mine would look similiar..
vocals- Cobain-- I just love his voice
lead-slash
bass-Geezer Butler
drums-Keith Moon
keyboard- I am not sure.

Peter Green...Vocals and Guitar....
Danny Kirwan...Vocals and Guitar
Jeremy Spencer...Vocals and Guitar
John McVie...Bass
Mick Fleetwood...Drums

gotta name in mind?

you would be surprised how many have no idea this is the original band...and think that Santana did the original Black Magic Woman.....

I remember abot 20 years ago our local rock station has a phone in, and the question was, who wrote Black Magic Woman. For the only time in my life I got through and I said Peter Green. The DJ said no! I said 'yes'. And then he rang off and took the next call. The following caller went "er, I suppose you think it's Carlos Santana", and the DJ, in his excitement said "you are correct!", to which the caller said "um, no I'm not. Your previous caller was right, it was Peter Green from the orginal Fleetwood Mac." to which there was a resigned "are you sure?"...
Anyway, I think it was to win Fleetwood Mac's greatest hits, so it didn't really matter that much. I was more annoyed that I managed to get through, got the question right, but still got dumped!

gotta name in mind?

you would be surprised how many have no idea this is the original band...and think that Santana did the original Black Magic Woman.....

I remember abot 20 years ago our local rock station has a phone in, and the question was, who wrote Black Magic Woman. For the only time in my life I got through and I said Peter Green. The DJ said no! I said 'yes'. And then he rang off and took the next call. The following caller went "er, I suppose you think it's Carlos Santana", and the DJ, in his excitement said "you are correct!", to which the caller said "um, no I'm not. Your previous caller was right, it was Peter Green from the orginal Fleetwood Mac." to which there was a resigned "are you sure?"...
Anyway, I think it was to win Fleetwood Mac's greatest hits, so it didn't really matter that much. I was more annoyed that I managed to get through, got the question right, but still got dumped!

boy aint that the truth Doc....i made a "Classic Rock" CD for a Mexican guy i work with and put FM's version of this on there for him,to get his reaction,cause i just knew he had never heard their version.....and he said its a nice cover of Santana....i told him its the other way around...he said no way Carlos wrote that....we went over to the Computer and i googled it for him....he was shocked....:lol:

What's with all the dead guys? Can't you people read?

It says "If today..."

I think it's a much more interesting discussion if you have to pick from people still in the business.

Not to mention someone a least a LITTLE bit modern. Some of you guys are fucking BORING.

There's some great talent out there right now.

I don't know about singer. Maybe Chevelle's singer, they're kind of my favorite modern rock group right now. Geddy Lee would be cool too.

Guitar: older would be Clapton, but newer would be Morello. In fact, together they'd be great.

Drums: Avenged Sevenfold's drummer, I don't know his name

Bass: I guess Flea.

Guitar - Santana
Bass - Jaco Pastorius
Drums - Buddy Rich (cuz the best drummers do Jazz)
Vocalist (and second guitar) - Todd Park Mohr
Keyboards - Billy Preston
Saxophone - Clarence Clemmons

George "corpsegrinder" fisher
Dave Lombardo
Marty Friedman
Kerry King
Scott Ian
Cliff Burton

Forum List

Back