Whoa! Ladies - Grab Your Boobs and Hang On

Just another example of RAVInsanity!

Thanks for admitting you're all too stupid to google.

:thup:
google is for morons, thats why you still use it

but others have shown this law predates bush by several DECADES
but you want to blame it on HIM

why is that?

You seem to have made the assertion. Typically, this implies the responsibility is yours to provide evidence. What I was able to find suggests that the EPA planned to exempt dairy farmers during the Bush administration, but this changed after Obama came into office. Have you found evidence suggesting otherwise?

You seem to have made the assertion. Typically, this implies the responsibility is yours to provide evidence. What I was able to find suggests that the EPA planned to exempt dairy farmers during the Bush administration, but this changed after Obama came into office. Have you found evidence suggesting otherwise?
It took them from 2002 to 2009 to decide to exempt farmers. When Obama came into office apparently they decided to review all of their previous decisions.

The directive got reinstated and once again they claim they will make the exemption.

A leftist accept responsibility? :lol:

What can I say? I'm eternally optimistic.:D

What can I say? I'm eternally optimistic.:D
Can I call you Pollyanna? :tongue:

It took them from 2002 to 2009 to decide to exempt farmers. When Obama came into office apparently they decided to review all of their previous decisions.

The directive got reinstated and once again they claim they will make the exemption.

Ummm, Bush wasn't in office in 2009 except during January. Are you saying that after he left office, this decision was made to exempt farmers? Sorry, but you're not making sense to me.

Ummm, Bush wasn't in office in 2009 except during January. Are you saying that after he left office, this decision was made to exempt farmers? Sorry, but you're not making sense to me.

A leftist make sense, Pollyanna? :lol:

Jesus - I couldn't make up my mind where to post this. I thought maybe "Major Insanity" but we don't have that forum so "Environmental" will have to do.

I was reading National Review this weekend and came to this little ditty. I still haven't quite recovered from it:

On the subject of oil spills, the EPA is ready to go beyond petroleum, and has set its beady administrative gaze upon an unexpected threat to the environment: "Milk typically contains a percentage of animal fat, which is a non-petroleum oil," say a recent EPA finding. "Thus, containers storing milk are subject to the Oil Spill Prevention, Control, and Countermeasure Program rule." What this means is that dairy farmers are now to be regulated under the same rules that apply to deep-sea oil rigs, and will be obliged to build emergency storage tanks and to develop oil-spill contingency plans, among other things. Leave it to the regulators to have a cow over a product so safe that we feed it to babies.

This is what I hate about environmentalists. They go to ridiculous extremes in guaranteeing the purity of the environment. Following this stretch of absurd reckoning, since humans are counted in the "animal" family, I think women should probably give some serious thought to what kind of preventive measures we should take to protect the environment from "a percentage of animal fat" that we might secrete before the EPA tells us what to do.

Here's a link so you won't think I'm making this stuff up:
EPA classifies milk as oil, forcing costly rules on farmers | MLive.com

Anyone got any ideas on this subject?
Yet another entry for our "Government out of control" folder. Those responsible for this report should be fired and barred from public sector work. They are obviously non compos-mentis.

For anyone interested in a more accurate source of information:

Summary
On December 5, 2008, EPA amended the Spill Prevention, Control, and Countermeasure (SPCC) rule to provide increased clarity with respect to specific regulatory requirements, to tailor requirements to particular industry sectors, and to streamline certain rule requirements. The Agency subsequently delayed the effective date of these amendments to January 14, 2010, to allow the Agency time to review the amendments to ensure that they properly reflect consideration of all relevant facts. EPA also requested public comment on the delay of the effective date and its duration, and on the December 2008 amendments. Having reviewed the record for the amendments and the additional comments, EPA decided to make only limited changes to the amendments. With respect to the majority of the December amendments, EPA either took no action or provided minor technical corrections. EPA, however, removed the following provisions in the December 2008 amendments: the exclusion of farms and oil production facilities from the loading/unloading rack requirements; the exemption for produced water containers at an oil production facility; and the alternative qualified facility eligibility criteria for an oil production facility. A final rule was published on November 13, 2009.
Timeline

10 actions from May 25th, 2004 to November 13th, 2009

Federal Register | Revisions to the Spill Prevention, Control, and Countermeasure (SPCC) Rule

So, folks, it looks like the exemption that would have been made for dairy farms during the Bush administration was retracted later.

New Topics

Forum List

Back