"who you think they will rob first?"

strollingbones

Diamond Member
Sep 19, 2008
chicken farm
i work at a beer shack on the state line....i am on the phone with the lady at the next beer store in town...we normally give each other the heads up on bad checks and that type of thing...when i comment on the number of bad checks..the other lady goes...'we are both gonna get more bad checks with the economy and one of us is gonna be robbed soon'

i have considered the question a lot lately especially when i am at work....both businesses run on cash only no debit or credit cards...so we tend to build up a lot of cash by day's end.

so anyone ever been held up at their business ...how did you react...how did it go?

What time off day do you have the most cash and the least supervision?

I'll be down next week. We'll split the take and I'll stay over at your house for a dinner paired with just the right wine. ;)

i was robbed once. i opened the cash drawer and got out of the way. the guy took the money and left. scared the hell outta me, though.

don't be a hero.

My dad was robbed at a bank he worked at. He opened the safe with a gun at his head and let the robber have what ever he wanted.

That's kind of sucky, Bones. Maybe you should look for another job.

My dad was robbed at a bank he worked at. He opened the safe with a gun at his head and let the robber have what ever he wanted.

That's kind of sucky, Bones. Maybe you should look for another job.

i worked cleaning a bank after hours and i set off the silent alarm one time. the cops rolled up with shotguns- i'm cleaning away, radio blaring, retc. they rapped on the door and i looked up-shotgun barrel looked about the size of a manhole.

i had to go home and change.

i was robbed once. i opened the cash drawer and got out of the way. the guy took the money and left. scared the hell outta me, though.

don't be a hero.

yea i know the drill ...let them have what they want..but i think my reaction would be based on things....like if they had their faces exposed..that is never good for the eye witness....when i worked at a blowing rock wine shop...yea i have worked at many wine shops....it has been hard to stay as ignorant about wine as i do....one manager fired me...cause he couldnt handle hearing me mangled...that was his word...mangle the french names anymore....but i digress..i was armed...i dont wanna go back to that bullshit...to be honest...i am just not into killing anyone over money....owner of the store...he's attitude is let them have it....but here is the rub...we got this safe...sits there...no one can open...someone wasnt paying attention and slammed it shut...hello ....no one has combination...we are sure at one time we did...but now...*holds up hands* so there is sits...looking like its full of money when in reality..its hold 16 shorts and single beer bags..we use it like a small table..
no one knows how much money is in there..no one knows the combo and the damned thing is way to heavy to pick up...that is the fear...some one.. who is not local robs us...wants the money in the safe...we are so fucked at that point.

my saving grace..i work in the mornings mostly before the money builds up....and i have a bunch of customers who are armed in the am...i would be more worried about cross fire...the night people are more likely the ones to get hit....

we were robbed but they came in at night...and took....you guessed it..the safe...still cant figure out how they moved that safe....we got the empty safe back....

Forum List

Back