Who would you vote for over Obama?

Which of the following candidates would you vote for over Obama?

• Total voters
In a May 15, 2011, interview on Meet the Press, Gingrich repeated his long-held belief that "all of us have a responsibility to pay – help pay for health care", and suggested this could be implemented by either a mandate to obtain health insurance or a requirement to post a bond ensuring coverage.[76][77] In the same interview Gingrich said "I don't think right wing social engineering is any more desirable than left wing social engineering. I don't think imposing radical change from the right or the left is a very good way for a free society to operate." This comment caused a great deal of back-lash within the Republican Party.[76][77] Gingrich has also been an advocate for health information technology. In 2005, together with Hillary Rodham Clinton he announced the proposal of the 21st Century Health Information Act, a bill which aimed to replace paperwork with confidential, electronic health information networks.[78] Gingrich also co-chaired an independent congressional study group made up of health policy experts formed in 2007 to evaluate the strengths and weaknesses of action taken within the U.S. to fight Alzheimer's disease.[79]

Newt Gingrich - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Two things bother me here.
First, The Health Care Mandate, which I Personally view as creating more problems and subjugation, both bankrupting us and always the threat of not getting what you pay for with Government sponsored Denial Of Coverage. The effect of total control over more aspects of our lives.

Like Our Medical Records are secure??? What doesn't get hacked? From Missile Technology, Cutting Edge Defense Technology, how long before anyone, or anyone with the right accessibility can Google your total Medical History? Too much unnecessary information, too much Power.

There are way's that I support Him, there are ways that I won't. He needs to spend more time on Unalienable Rights and Natural Law, and Structured Liberty. He needs to spend more time around Mark Levin. :D Ha!

Almost any body who has run a medium size company and understands income vs expense. The problem is that you have to be rich to run for office. I am not rich.

Hey! We could always write you're name in!!! You wouldn't have to do anything! :)

Do you hate him that much?

Why would you be so mean to anyone who didn't kill your children?

Immie

Ok...you're right....I'm sorry Signelect!!!! Don't know what i was thinking! :)

When did parties start having debates every week 15 months before the election? Did Fox command this? Ridiculous...

Stop the presses!

We actually agree on something...

There were two debates one day apart this week, another next week, another the week after that....and then nine more scheduled so far....

2012 Primary Debate Schedule « 2012 Election Central

It is a way to gradually get to know the candidates though. The media really doesn't give these guys a fair shot. Even Fox mostly sucks at showcasing the candidates.

(And as much as it pains me to say it, MSNBC ran the best debate so far.)

I might vote for Romney; just not certain at this point. I supported Romney in 08. What bothers me about him now is that he continues to change his story and is moving further to the right, which makes it hard to know what he truly believes and what he would actually try to do if elected. Personally, I think if he is elected, he'll make a big push to raise taxes. I will definitely vote for him in the primary since there is no Democratic Primary and I'm still registered as a Republican.

When did parties start having debates every week 15 months before the election? Did Fox command this? Ridiculous...

Can we get more debates? Let them fight it out. It only gives us more opportunity to see them forced to answer questions instead of speak about talking points. Not only that it presumably keeps them from writing any more dumb laws.

Mike

I might vote for Romney; just not certain at this point. I supported Romney in 08. What bothers me about him now is that he continues to change his story and is moving further to the right, which makes it hard to know what he truly believes and what he would actually try to do if elected. Personally, I think if he is elected, he'll make a big push to raise taxes. I will definitely vote for him in the primary since there is no Democratic Primary and I'm still registered as a Republican.

Why do you think he would move right? Isn't that completely the opposite of what most presidents do? Don't they usually move closer to the center? Or are you saying that he is far left now and would do as Obama did and move to the center?

Also, why do you think he would raise taxes and with you being a somewhat moderate liberal (my impression from your previous posts) wouldn't you approve of him raising taxes on the rich? My personal opinion is that taxes should be raised as well as spending cut, so I don't have so much of a problem with him raising taxes.

Immie

I would not vote for Romney or Huntsman. W showed what a disaster having a liberal Republican president can be. Sure, Gore would have been worse if he'd gotten what he wanted, but he wouldn't have and W did. And the disaster that is W is why we ended up with Obama and Obamacare. A candidate like Romney or Huntsman would just set us up for the same thing again. It's a real fiscal conservative or I'd rather stick with Hussein who will spend 4 years like the first 4, drifting in the wind. Other then Obamacare and that's not going to happen again. But another liberal Republican won't try to overturn that either.

I'd vote this guy in over Obama anyday.
picklecp.gif

I don't think Romney is a worry--every candidate is being dragged to the right--and for good reason the TEA PARTY. I like Romney-because-he is the ONLY one with real private sector business experience--and that is what is sorely lacking in government today. He has a great WRITTEN PLAN.

Notably--I was watching a focus group of Republicans last night--who were all for PERRY prior to this last debate that are starting to worry about him a little bit. About 1/2 were disappointed because to them--he was really built up prior to this debate--and several are worrying about his ability to get the independent vote--with his radical views on certain issues. And as we all know--if you can't win the independent vote--you can't win elections. It's also hard for me to compare Romney's JOBS record with a governor that lives in a state that is a major oil and gas state. IOW--it's difficult for me to give Perry credit for that kind of job creation--when in fact--he has had a full house--Republican majority--and can easily issue gas and oil drilling permits--without opposition from anyone.

Just judging from this thread we're starting to see Perry drop and Romney pick up speed--and I think that's going to continue.

Forum List

Back