Who would you snuff out?

I find it kinda interesting that Barbra Streisand and Marilyn Manson and the like were mentioned here and Hitler only once (oops.... looking at the post above, make that twice!)... I'm sure Barbra and Marilyn have had much more effect on the world... NOT... than someone who was responsible for the murder of 11 million people.

Well... as was said earlier... Hitler may be cliche but I think I'll go with him, too. In the world of unintended consequences, it is interesting to realize that had Hitler never existed, or if he was off'd before he could do damage, not only would their be 11 million more people, their offspring and their offspring's offspring on the planet, but the middle east would look completely different as well. There wouldn't have been any "victors" or "spoils", so countries like Iraq, the UAE and the like wouldn't exist since they wouldn't have been lopped up by the U.N. and given out as rewards. Since "Palestine" was a nebulous area, with no particular ownership, it would have continued to evolve and the Arab/Israel issue wouldn't exist as we know it. Interestingly, as a result of this, there may not have been a rise of Islamic extremism, terrorist bombers, Saddam Hussein, the WTC... yadda yadda yadda....

So I figure that Hitler was the gift that keeps on giving.

I forgot to add.

PS: I wouldn't want Martha Stewart either. She makes me sick with her baking and boiling . Imagine watching T.V without that ole women ( I am being polite) popping up for 1 hour and driving you nuts!!!!! Cooool!!!:thup:

Akshay

See the problem with this one is that the Islamic empire, which was actually advanced for its time, was highly responsible for a number of key elements that lead to the western revival. For example the they are responsible for preserving alot of the Greek and Roman classic works which was very key for the early thought in the rennaisance and reformation (although honestly im willing to bet if the Byzantine Empire survived it could have preserved them as well). More importantly, it lead to paper arriving in Europe. Without with there could have been no printing press and without that there would be very low literacy.

Of course, they also gave us algebra, so do what you feel you need to;)

Do you think it was Islam who gave us those things, or arabs. that is to say, could those things have grown in the minds of men without them believing they need to kill all those who refuse to convert?

I find it kinda interesting that Barbra Streisand and Marilyn Manson and the like were mentioned here and Hitler only once (oops.... looking at the post above, make that twice!)... I'm sure Barbra and Marilyn have had much more effect on the world... NOT... than someone who was responsible for the murder of 11 million people.

Well... as was said earlier... Hitler may be cliche but I think I'll go with him, too. In the world of unintended consequences, it is interesting to realize that had Hitler never existed, or if he was off'd before he could do damage, not only would their be 11 million more people, their offspring and their offspring's offspring on the planet, but the middle east would look completely different as well. There wouldn't have been any "victors" or "spoils", so countries like Iraq, the UAE and the like wouldn't exist since they wouldn't have been lopped up by the U.N. and given out as rewards. Since "Palestine" was a nebulous area, with no particular ownership, it would have continued to evolve and the Arab/Israel issue wouldn't exist as we know it. Interestingly, as a result of this, there may not have been a rise of Islamic extremism, terrorist bombers, Saddam Hussein, the WTC... yadda yadda yadda....

So I figure that Hitler was the gift that keeps on giving.

if not hilter someone else....

how abbout these guys

hirohito
pol pot
stalin
gengis khan
ceasar
nopolean

I forgot to add.

PS: I wouldn't want Martha Stewart either. She makes me sick with her baking and boiling . Imagine watching T.V without that ole women ( I am being polite) popping up for 1 hour and driving you nuts!!!!! Cooool!!!:thup:

Akshay
Martha isn't all that bad...being a SAHM (daycare provider technically), I have watched her show once in a while and I actually found some of the recipes REALLY good! and some of the crafts were fun for my DC kids to do. I am starting to think she's not all that bad. I do envy her cake decorating abilities...there is where I secretly hate her.

You would be tired of her if your mom watched her on T.V for an hour daily when you had to watch football!!!!

Forum List

Back