Who would you select for you financial manager?

Hilarious. Anyone can save the Olympics with a Republican infusion of hundreds of millions of dollars of tax payers money.

Romney - Several hundred million $ from govt. for Olympics - YouTube

Republicans are a disgrace for knowing so
little about their leadership.

SHAME

SHAME

SHAME

By that logic, anyone could save us with the infusion of trillions of dollars of tax payers money.

_____________ is a disgrace for knowing so little about our leadership.

SHAME

SHAME

SHAME

We don't have trillions. Republicans spent three trillion in Iraq and redistributed the wealth to the top 1% via the Bush tax cuts. They screwed us good. Admit it. Tell the truth.

Weren't we talking about who would be the best financial manager?

By that logic, anyone could save us with the infusion of trillions of dollars of tax payers money.

SHAME

SHAME

SHAME

We don't have trillions. Republicans spent three trillion in Iraq and redistributed the wealth to the top 1% via the Bush tax cuts. They screwed us good. Admit it. Tell the truth.

Yup.

The idea that somehow business calculations should be applied to your job as President is looking at a very small percentage of the job...if any percentage at all. Maybe we should sell tickets to view Congressional testimony? Put Presidential press conferences on Pay-Per-View, turn the Interstates into toll roads. We know there are markets for these things....

What are his ideas for running the business of the country? Lets see if I got this right; cut taxes on the rich, reduce regulations and "get out of the way" and we'll see what happens; right? Sounds a lot like what Bush 43 did. And right before he left office, TARP was passed.

This time will be different....right?

See, all this time I thought that November's election was for President. I had no idea that the country was going to be electing my personal financial manager. Thanks for info!

The issue is clear for me.

This election is about the economy. So I ask myself, who best understands how to get the economy going again? Who knows best on what it takes to create jobs?

1.) An extremely successful businessman who created one of the most respected investment firms in the world. A man who started his career advising businesses on how to get better, then started his own business and was astonishingly successful. An investor who had many successes, a few that were spectacular, and a few failures, with some companies creating a lot of jobs and others that laid off people or shipped jobs overseas.

2.) A lawyer, an academic, a politician and community organizer who presided over one of the weakest economies in four generations, though not of his fault, showed himself fairly clueless on what businesses need to create jobs, and who was President when the United States government debt rating was downgraded.

Seems pretty clear to me.

1. A bully who mistreated classmates and broke the law repeatedly abusing his family pet and masquerading as a police officer to harass unsuspecting citizens. A man whose own policies include "less police, less firemen and less teachers". A man who feels corporations are people. A man whose plans would devastate the middle class much worse that George W. Bush's extreme and damaging policies. A man whose ran a company that filed documents with the SEC proving they were pioneers in outsourcing. A man who takes millions from Phil Frost, abortion provider. A man who gave as the reason none of his five sons were fighting in a war he supported, "They are already doing something important. Helping me get elected". The man so weak, conservative radio talk show hosts forced his gay adviser out and he did nothing.

or

2. The man who said he would take down Bin Laden and did. The man who saved the US auto industry. The man who ended "Don't ask don't tell". The man forced into extending the Bush Tax cuts because Republicans held millions of Americans hostage and said they would cut off unemployment for millions of Americans and Obama just couldn't let Republicans make millions of American suffer (shows who actually cares about Americans). The man who brought our economy back from the brink Republican policies took us to. The man who got 20 billion from BP when Republicans apologized to BP for being forced to pay for their damage and, in the first time in history, blocked the Obama administration from getting subpoena power to investigate BP (seriously, what kind of people are these Republicans to do such an awful thing?) for what they did to this country.

Now, before Republicans start screaming "liar", prove the lies. Don't just call "liar", but prove it. Show where something is incorrect.

SHAME

SHAME

SHAME

Seems wasting trillions in Iraq and redistributing trillions more to the top 1% has something to do with "finances".

See, all this time I thought that November's election was for President. I had no idea that the country was going to be electing my personal financial manager. Thanks for info!

Good point. The goal of government should not be to turn a profit.

Realistically speaking, if the government was acting with financial knowhow, the taxpayers would see a deficit reductions as Massachusetts did while Romney was Governor. In fact, the people saw a surplus on the coffers while he was in office.

A surplus, or reduction in a deficit would be a very good thing, now wouldn't it?

Realistically speaking, if the government was acting with financial knowhow, the taxpayers would see a deficit reductions as Massachusetts did while Romney was Governor. In fact, the people saw a surplus on the coffers while he was in office.

A surplus, or reduction in a deficit would be a very good thing, now wouldn't it?

Yes...now only if he had a workable plan to implement it. Does he have a plan?

Well?

Well?

Yes, he does. It's here at his website.

Labor

If you want, I will post it for you, highlighting the most important parts of his plans.

The issue is clear for me.

This election is about the economy. So I ask myself, who best understands how to get the economy going again? Who knows best on what it takes to create jobs?

1.) An extremely successful businessman who created one of the most respected investment firms in the world. A man who started his career advising businesses on how to get better, then started his own business and was astonishingly successful. An investor who had many successes, a few that were spectacular, and a few failures, with some companies creating a lot of jobs and others that laid off people or shipped jobs overseas.

2.) A lawyer, an academic, a politician and community organizer who presided over one of the weakest economies in four generations, though not of his fault, showed himself fairly clueless on what businesses need to create jobs, and who was President when the United States government debt rating was downgraded.

1. A bully who mistreated classmates and broke the law repeatedly abusing his family pet and masquerading as a police officer to harass unsuspecting citizens. A man whose own policies include "less police, less firemen and less teachers". A man who feels corporations are people. A man whose plans would devastate the middle class much worse that George W. Bush's extreme and damaging policies. A man whose ran a company that filed documents with the SEC proving they were pioneers in outsourcing. A man who takes millions from Phil Frost, abortion provider. A man who gave as the reason none of his five sons were fighting in a war he supported, "They are already doing something important. Helping me get elected". The man so weak, conservative radio talk show hosts forced his gay adviser out and he did nothing.

or

2. The man who said he would take down Bin Laden and did. The man who saved the US auto industry. The man who ended "Don't ask don't tell". The man forced into extending the Bush Tax cuts because Republicans held millions of Americans hostage and said they would cut off unemployment for millions of Americans and Obama just couldn't let Republicans make millions of American suffer (shows who actually cares about Americans). The man who brought our economy back from the brink Republican policies took us to. The man who got 20 billion from BP when Republicans apologized to BP for being forced to pay for their damage and, in the first time in history, blocked the Obama administration from getting subpoena power to investigate BP (seriously, what kind of people are these Republicans to do such an awful thing?) for what they did to this country.

Now, before Republicans start screaming "liar", prove the lies. Don't just call "liar", but prove it. Show where something is incorrect.

8.2% unemployment, highest rate of unemployment for a President seeking re-election since the 1930s.

Everything else is a sideshow.

Obama, the Democrats and weak job growth.

Just ask a CEO.

“I just look at the order pace. I think the biggest issue that I'm watching right now is they're not really -- either in the US or Europe really addressing the gut issues. The US have enormous regulations coming at us right now.

“There's -- the incentive to invest in the United States is negative and from my perspective.

“People talk about ‘we want clarity’. I've got all the clarity I need. They're spending, they're regulating us, the tax rates, they're talking about raising the tax rate.

“Our tax rate this year will be around -- in the US will be around 36%. We'll pay in US taxes this year over $500 million, actually pay the US government over $500 million, and they say they want to raise it even more. And so I'm looking at that as a -- I run a Company, I have a lot of money to invest and I look at that and I say I'm not going to invest it here and I think customers -- I think a lot of customers have the same concern.

“And then when you have a company like Boeing, you're talking about one of the iconic US companies gets sued by the federal government. If that doesn't get your attention, nothing will. They get sued for investing $2 billion in South Carolina. Last time I saw South Carolina was a part of the United States of America and you get sued for that. I tell what you, the CEO, you get my attention.”

http://jeffmatthewsisnotmakingthisu.../most-important-call-of-year-ive-got-all.html

Well?

Yes, he does. It's here at his website.

Labor

If you want, I will post it for you, highlighting the most important parts of his plans.

Sure. Have at it.

For candycorn, who is interested in why she should vote for Romney... here's his plan (in installments...)

TAX

Individual Taxes

Make permanent, across-the-board 20 percent cut in marginal rates
Maintain current tax rates on interest, dividends, and capital gains
Eliminate taxes for taxpayers with AGI below $200,000 on interest, dividends, and capital gains
Eliminate the Death Tax Repeal the Alternative Minimum Tax (AMT

Corporate Taxes

Cut the corporate rate to 25 percent
Strengthen and make permanent the R&D tax credit
Switch to a territorial tax system
Repeal the corporate Alternative Minimum Tax (AMT)

REGULATION

Eliminate Undue Economic Burdens

Repeal Obamacare
Repeal Dodd-Frank and replace with streamlined, modern regulatory framework
Amend Sarbanes-Oxley to relieve mid-size companies from onerous requirements
Initiate review and elimination of all Obama-era regulations that unduly burden the economy

Reform Environmental Regulation

Ensure that environmental laws properly account for cost in regulatory process
Provide multi-year lead times before companies must come into compliance with onerous new environmental regulations

Adopt Structural Reforms

Impose a regulatory cap of zero dollars on all federal agencies
Require congressional approval of all new “major” regulations
Reform legal liability system to prevent spurious litigation

TRADE

Opening New Markets

Reinstate the president’s Trade Promotion Authority
Complete negotiations for the Trans-Pacific Partnership
Pursue new trade agreements with nations committed to free enterprise and open markets
Create the Reagan Economic Zone

Confronting China

Increase CBP resources to prevent the illegal entry of goods into our market
Increase USTR resources to pursue and support litigation against unfair trade practices
Use unilateral and multilateral punitive measures to deter unfair Chinese practices
Designate China a currency manipulator and impose countervailing duties
Discontinue U.S. government procurement from China until China commits to GPA

ENERGY

Significant Regulatory Reform

Establish fixed timetables for all resource development approvals
Create one-stop shop to streamline permitting process for approval of common activities
Implement fast-track procedures for companies with established safety records to conduct pre-approved activities in pre-approved areas
Amend Clean Air Act to exclude carbon dioxide from its purview
Expand NRC capabilities for approval of additional nuclear reactor designs
Streamline NRC processes to ensure that licensing decisions for reactors on or adjacent to approved sites, using approved designs, are complete within two years

Increasing Production

Conduct comprehensive survey of America’s energy reserves
Open America’s energy reserves for development
Expand opportunities for U.S. resource developers to forge partnerships with neighboring countries
Support construction of pipelines to bring Canadian oil to the United States
Prevent overregulation of shale gas development and extraction

Research and Development

Concentrate alternative energy funding on basic research
Utilize long-term, apolitical funding mechanisms like ARPA-E for basic research

• Thanks
Reactions: Vel
LABOR

Free Enterprise

Appoint to the NLRB experienced individuals with respect for the rule of law
Amend NLRA to explicitly protect the right of business owners to allocate their capital as they see fit
Reverse executive orders issued by President Obama that tilt the playing field toward organized labor

Free Choice

Amend NLRA to guarantee the secret ballot in every union certification election
Amend NLRA to guarantee that all pre-election campaigns last at least one month
Support states in pursuing Right-to-Work laws
Free Speech

Prohibit the use for political purposes of funds automatically deducted from worker paychecks

HUMAN CAPITAL

Retraining Workers

Eliminate redundancy in federal retraining programs by consolidating programs and funding streams, centering as much activity as possible in a single agency
Give states authority to manage retraining programs by block granting federal funds
Facilitate the creation of Personal Reemployment Accounts
Encourage greater private sector involvement in retraining programs

Attracting the Best and the Brightest

Raise visa caps for highly skilled workers
Grant permanent residency to eligible graduates with advanced degrees in math, science, and engineering

SPENDING

Set Honest Goals: Cap Spending At 20 Percent Of GDP

Reduced from 24.3 percent last year; in line with the historical trend between 18 and 20 percent
Close to the tax revenue generated by the economy when healthy
Requires spending cuts of approximately $500 billion per year in 2016 assuming robust economic recovery with 4% annual growth, and reversal of irresponsible Obama-era defense cuts

Take Immediate Action: Return Non-Security Discretionary Spending To Below 2008 Levels

Send Congress a bill on Day One that cuts non-security discretionary spending by 5 percent across the board
Pass the House Republican Budget proposal, rolling back President Obama’s government expansion by capping non-security discretionary spending below 2008 levels

Follow A Clear Roadmap: Build A Simpler, Smaller, Smarter Government

1. The Federal Government Should Stop Doing Things The American People Can’t Afford, For Instance:
2. Empower States To Innovate — Savings: >$100 billion
3. Improve Efficiency And Effectiveness. Where the federal government should act, it must do a better job.

Okay candycorn. It's your turn. Let's have Obama's plans.

For candycorn, who is interested in why she should vote for Romney... here's his plan (in installments...)

TAX

Individual Taxes

Make permanent, across-the-board 20 percent cut in marginal rates
Maintain current tax rates on interest, dividends, and capital gains
Eliminate taxes for taxpayers with AGI below $200,000 on interest, dividends, and capital gains
Eliminate the Death Tax Repeal the Alternative Minimum Tax (AMT

Corporate Taxes

Cut the corporate rate to 25 percent
Strengthen and make permanent the R&D tax credit
Switch to a territorial tax system
Repeal the corporate Alternative Minimum Tax (AMT)

Sounds outstanding. Not sure how that does the following though:

In fact, the words "deficit" aren't mentioned. Taking in what appears to be a lot less monies doesn't appear to do a whole lot to create a surplus situation with the federal budget.

REGULATION

Eliminate Undue Economic Burdens

Repeal Obamacare
Repeal Dodd-Frank and replace with streamlined, modern regulatory framework
Amend Sarbanes-Oxley to relieve mid-size companies from onerous requirements
Initiate review and elimination of all Obama-era regulations that unduly burden the economy

Reform Environmental Regulation

Provide multi-year lead times before companies must come into compliance with onerous new environmental regulations

Adopt Structural Reforms

Impose a regulatory cap of zero dollars on all federal agencies
Require congressional approval of all new “major” regulations
Reform legal liability system to prevent spurious litigation

These are things that have been tried (and failed after a while) before. Although the one I have highlighted is interesting and makes sense. In Texas, my friend was telling me that they have a "loser pays" system whereby if you're injured by a product, device, procedure, or service and after you take them to court to seek remedy, if you lose, you have to pay their legal services. I'm guessing that is what is meant by, "Reform legal liability system to prevent spurious litigation"

Also, the Governor has said that he will keep parts of Obama care. You may want to ask your candidate to take a firm stand one way or the other....good luck with that.

TRADE

Opening New Markets

Reinstate the president’s Trade Promotion Authority
Complete negotiations for the Trans-Pacific Partnership
Pursue new trade agreements with nations committed to free enterprise and open markets
Create the Reagan Economic Zone

Apparently the TPP is going to be green lighted by the President this July if Congress will pay ball.

The REZ is an interesting idea....won't know more about it until he develops what is in his plan.

Confronting China

Increase CBP resources to prevent the illegal entry of goods into our market
Increase USTR resources to pursue and support litigation against unfair trade practices
Use unilateral and multilateral punitive measures to deter unfair Chinese practices
Designate China a currency manipulator and impose countervailing duties
Discontinue U.S. government procurement from China until China commits to GPA
Pipe dream.

*********SIDEBAR***************

Out of curiosity (loaded question), what would you say to the government purchasing things from a company like Staples that stocks a great many things that come from China? Should the "Discontinue U.S. government procurement from China until China commits to GPA" extend that far downstream?

ENERGY

Significant Regulatory Reform

Establish fixed timetables for all resource development approvals
Create one-stop shop to streamline permitting process for approval of common activities
Implement fast-track procedures for companies with established safety records to conduct pre-approved activities in pre-approved areas
Amend Clean Air Act to exclude carbon dioxide from its purview
Expand NRC capabilities for approval of additional nuclear reactor designs
Streamline NRC processes to ensure that licensing decisions for reactors on or adjacent to approved sites, using approved designs, are complete within two years

This is something I can get with him on. We should be building nuke plants left and right. I would think though that instead of using the "lowest bidder" system and trying to make some sort of economic engine out of it, we should basically build them and turn the keys over to the US Navy who have proven they can run a nuclear program as safely as one can be run.

Increasing Production

Conduct comprehensive survey of America’s energy reserves
Open America’s energy reserves for development
Expand opportunities for U.S. resource developers to forge partnerships with neighboring countries
Support construction of pipelines to bring Canadian oil to the United States
Prevent overregulation of shale gas development and extraction

Yeah...this would be a mixed bag here. Survey; open; prevent over regulation.... Same stuff, different day.

Research and Development

Concentrate alternative energy funding on basic research
Utilize long-term, apolitical funding mechanisms like ARPA-E for basic research

I'm not sure what that means.."basic research"? Huh?

ARPA-E is a program of the Department of Energy. How it will be deemed "apolitical" is a mystery.

All in all, he does have a plan it seems. Not much in terms of realistic cause-effect scenarios. Lots of tax cuts it seems, lots of reductions in enforcement, regulation, and incentives for businesses to be responsible actors.

But hey, he does have a plan. I would wager that many (if not most) would view it as more of a wish list than something workable however. That is where I come down on it.

Thanks.

Last edited:
Thanks for the responses, candy. Your responses were good and I was feeling badly about putting you on the spot. Well wishes to you.

Forum List

Back