Who Would You Rather Have as President?

Who Would You Vote for President

• Barack Hussein Obama

Votes: 10 20.8%
  • Abraham Lincoln

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Joseph Smith Jr./If you like Romney...

Votes: 1 2.1%
  • David Palmer

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • George Washington

Votes: 5 10.4%
  • John F. Kennedy

Votes: 5 10.4%
  • Bill Clinton

Votes: 1 2.1%
  • Ronald Reagan

Votes: 21 43.8%
  • A Woman

Votes: 3 6.3%
  • Jack Bauer

Votes: 3 6.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Washington was a remarkable figure.

Sadly, his importance has been diminished over time in the K-12 curriculum, and even the college level.

At no time in our history have we known so very little of it...

Lefties don't understand historical context and so they think because Washington had a slave that he was a racist and therefore less of a man.

What about Eisenhower?

President B.O. (his wifesaid he smells!!!:funnyface: ) could take a lesson on "How to end a war in 3 easy steps" from him. Guess what, Ike was a Republican!!!

George Washington all the way. I agree. He would have stayed strictly to our constitution which at this point would help ever aspect of our country. We have fallen a long way.

The Federalist party would come back that's for sure.

The Federalist Party, and their leader Alexander Hamilton, held a very loose interpretation of the Constitution.

I disagree. I think today's interpretations are often too tight. Hey.. those guys wrote the constitution so they would know how to interpret it better than us.

The Federalist party would come back that's for sure.

The Federalist Party, and their leader Alexander Hamilton, held a very loose interpretation of the Constitution.

I disagree. I think today's interpretations are often too tight. Hey.. those guys wrote the constitution so they would know how to interpret it better than us.

Yes, "they" did. And some of "them" disagreed with Hamilton's views on the Constitution's supposed "implied powers" and believed that if it was meant to be a power then it would be explicitly stated in the Constitution. Hamilton's Federalists were the "big government" party, as opposed to Jefferson's Republicans that believed in a limited Constitutional government.

As to todays standards being "too tight," I have to disagree. The Constitution is all but ignored today.

There's a show called "Why We Fight" that is a documentary on how we (as a nation) came to find ourselves in the situation that we're in right now. (not economically, but militarily) It talks about Eisenhower armament and the things he warned about in the future. He sure hits the nail on the head several times. It's pretty good...he would also be a good candiate for president (for the current situations anyway)

New Topics

Forum List

Back