Who would want to be a border patrol agent?

This is a terrible case! I cannot believe that Bush did not pardon these two Border Patrol agents. Hopefully, Obama will do something about it. This is a complete outrage!

i think they should at least have the sentence commuted
not sure if i would go for a total pardone, they did lie and file false reports

the did lie and cover it up...why should they be held to any different standards of any other citizens? are we gonna start having two or three sets of rules depending on your job etc? everyone wants to make heros of these guys..well they are not heros....

why arent they viewed like anyone else...do the crime...serve the time....

The Ramos and Compean treatment is just unbelievable... hopefully Bush will pardon them before he leaves office...

Ramos-Compean treatment has border agents quivering
Mexican drug smugglers spray bullets, but U.S. officers dare not return fire

I'm sure the border patrol agent that was childhood friends with the drug dealer and acted as a go between for the prosecuter likes his job. Course you have to wonder how many times he's let his friend across the border with his drugs.

I'm guessing right now that only a crook would want to be a border patrol agent.

i think they should at least have the sentence commuted
not sure if i would go for a total pardone, they did lie and file false reports

They didn't file ANY report, therefore no lies or false report. Their supervisor was on the scene and said not to file a report and then testified against them in court and of course, got a promotion. The whole thing shows just how bad our government has become. We ARE Mexico.

the did lie and cover it up...why should they be held to any different standards of any other citizens? are we gonna start having two or three sets of rules depending on your job etc? everyone wants to make heros of these guys..well they are not heros....

They didn't go to jail for lying or filing a false report. They went to jail for discharging their firearms during the commision of a crime. Do you really think all our cops should be able to be charged with that??? They weren't even the ones committing a crime.

Compean receiving a 12-year sentence and Ramos an 11-year sentence after they were convicted of assault, obstruction of justice and civil rights violations against a drug dealer who was retreating across the border.

Ramos-Compean

it is hard to call it self defense when they shot the guy in the ass...

Compean receiving a 12-year sentence and Ramos an 11-year sentence after they were convicted of assault, obstruction of justice and civil rights violations against a drug dealer who was retreating across the border.

Ramos-Compean

it is hard to call it self defense when they shot the guy in the ass...
i dont know, shooting a drug dealer in the ass sounds like justice to me
:D

I have a couple of issues with the story itself.

A team of Mexican drug smugglers unloaded $1 million worth of drugs across the U.S. border, I assume this is a transfer from Mexico to the USA in full view of US Authorities? I mean, really, how stupid is that? spraying bullets at U.S. Border Patrol agents with automatic weapons, but the agents dared not return fire – as one official said they fear losing their jobs or ending up behind bars like agents Ignacio Ramos and Jose Compean. I could care less what they fear. When shot at you shoot back. They shuld be prosecuted for dereliction of duty.

Ramos and Compean are serving 11- and 12-year prison sentences, respectively, for shooting an illegal alien drug dealer while he smuggled nearly 750 pounds of marijuana across the border. They were convicted of assault, discharge of a weapon in the commission of a crime of violence and deprivation of civil rights. Self serving appeal to the masses numero uno

Send a FedEx letter to the president asking him to help Ramos and Compean. Self serving appeal to the masses numero dos

This time drug smugglers wore military clothing and fired "military type" automatic weapons at U.S. Border Patrol agents and Immigration and Customs Enforcement personnel in Tuscon, Ariz., on Dec. 1. So, we are back to the dereliction of duty charges for not firing back and killing the enemies of freedom everywhere. Sheesh. Glad these guys aint Jarheads.

The brazen smugglers backed a flatbed tow truck into an 18-foot border fence and unloaded two pickup trucks packed with marijuana into the U.S. Ok, so this tow truck was on the mexican side? It must have been since it backed into the fence and unloaded the entire trucks. More to follow. as National Guard and U.S. predator surveillance cameras recorded their efforts, and Border Patrol agents were immediately dispatched to the scene. Hmmm, so our stalwart heroes knew what they were going to. And they were not prepared... dereliction and incompetence.

When the agents attempted to stop the pickup trucks, a Chevrolet Avalanche and a Ford F150, the smugglers began driving back toward Mexico. However, U.S. authorities deflated the truck tires before the smugglers could make it to the other side, the Laguna Journal reported.

Just then, another vehicle was spotted in Mexico, and a sniper began firing an automatic weapon at the U.S. agents.

But agents did not fire back.

According to reports, additional heavily armed smugglers began scaling the border fence and tossing bundles of drugs from the Avalanche pickup truck into Mexico. Now why did they have to scale the fence? Didn't a tow truck loaded with two pickups back thru the fence to unload the trucks on the US side? Did I miss something?

The agents refrained from discharging their weapons.

When authorities arrived on the scene, the suspects lit the Avalanche on fire and retreated to Mexico, leaving behind 1,158 pounds marijuana – worth $1 million.

Registration records revealed the F150 had been stolen in Douglas, Ariz. Mexican police were notified, but they have not arrested suspects.

Many witnesses, including U.S. scientists working in Arizona, report seeing heavily armed illegal aliens crossing border fences in the area. When U.S. agents arrive on the scene, smugglers often pelt them with rocks, strike them with vehicles or fire weapons at them – and agents sometimes face penalties for firing back. Awww, you're breaking my heart.

In an incident similar to the Ramos and Compean case, one border patrol agent said he feared for his life after a group of illegal aliens began throwing rocks and concrete chunks at him in August at the San Ysidro border crossing. He fired his weapon and wounded one of the men in the buttocks.

Officials at the Mexican consulate in San Diego criticized the 10-year Border Patrol veteran and demanded the U.S. conduct a full investigation, the San Diego Union Tribune reported. Local police and the FBI investigated the agent.

"Any kind of shooting toward Mexican territory is rejected by the Mexican government," Consul General Remedios Gómez Arnau warned Border Patrol agents. "They should have waited for response of the Mexican authorities." Hindsight is 20/20 and the agent did the right thing. Viva Los Estados Unidos!

After this month's incident, an anonymous officer close to the investigation told the Laguna Journal that agents often fear defending themselves because shooting back could mean prison time – just as it did for Ramos and Compean.

"These men are still in prison for doing what many of us think was just doing their jobs as Border Patrol agents," he said.

This thing reeks with incompetence and cowardice at the local level. It further reeks with incompetence in the chain of command for not conducting the required training to instill a physical aggressiveness needed to overcome the smugglers. It reeks of political cowardice since we are apparently afraid of pissing off Mexico.

Campean y Ramos is not relevant. They are a separate case and are now being used as a political rallying cry by one group and as an excuse for not doing their jobs by another.

Dude, terrible source.

WorldNutDaily = Lies & Propaganda (counterpart of North Korea State Media)

The fact is, Ramos and Compean shot an unarmed illegal immigrant in the ass while he was running back across the border. The two incidents are obviously different, that is if the shooting incident that is cited by WorldNutDaily is even true. In the incident they cited, the illegal immigrants were armed. In the incident with Ramos and Compean, the immigrants and unarmed and actually fleeing back to their country.

Even police in the United States are not allowed to shoot an unarmed drug dealer running away.

Last edited:
The Ramos and Compean treatment is just unbelievable... hopefully Bush will pardon them before he leaves office...

Mexican drug smugglers spray bullets, but U.S. officers dare not return fire

Ramos and Compean got what they deserved, as I see it. I believe that some of us who are pissed off at the illegal immigrants and their effects on our way of life are using this case as a facade to show that they are not racist due to the fact that these guys are hispanic as well. However, the facts of the case would lead you to understand that they were not wrongfully convicted.

Dude, terrible source.

The fact is, Ramos and Compean shot an unarmed illegal immigrant in the ass while he was running back across the border. The two incidents are obviously different, that is if the shooting incident that is cited by WorldNutDaily is even true. In the incident they cited, the illegal immigrants were armed. In the incident with Ramos and Compean, the immigrants and unarmed and actually fleeing back to their country.

Even police in the United States are not allowed to shoot an unarmed drug dealer running away.

Right...you believe an illegal drug dealer didn't have a weapon???? What the heck is the matter with you? He had nearly 800 pounds of marrijuana, of course he had a weapon.

Dude, terrible source.

If you read the testimony, you will see that the doctor for the prosecuty says that the bullet entered and exited him in a manner consistant with someone turning around, as if to point something behind him. Only an idiot would think a man responsible for 800 pounds of marijauna didn't have a weapon on him.

Right...you believe an illegal drug dealer didn't have a weapon???? What the heck is the matter with you? He had nearly 800 pounds of marrijuana, of course he had a weapon.
Is this what is considered a "red herring"? My thinking is that regardless of whether or not he had a gun, what happened did not precipitate him using it in an initiatory manner, and there is no justification for shooting somebody in the ass just on the suspicion (or even sight) of a gun.

Dude, terrible source.

Wrong as usual the guy was a confessed drug smuggler that fired at them and then fled. But hey if it helps YOU sleep at night knowing our law enforcement can be arrested and thrown in prison for doing their job, I suggest you never complain when crime happens to YOU.

Is this what is considered a "red herring"? My thinking is that regardless of whether or not he had a gun, what happened did not precipitate him using it in an initiatory manner, and there is no justification for shooting somebody in the ass just on the suspicion (or even sight) of a gun.

If I am law enforcement or military and the enemy is armed (or even sight to use your words) he becomes the next slab on the coroners table.

You mean the same standard William Ayers was held to?

We need Border Patrol Agents just to keep the vigilantes in line. Ramos and Compean will be released after serving their earned sentences.

Last edited by a moderator:

Forum List

Back