who would support a return to a constitutionly sound government?

None of these things are unconstitutional

- phasing out SS and medicare asap Nope, too many Americans depend on it
- ending the iraq war and closing our bases around the world except in afgh until we leave there Agree
- leaving the UN It is still a viable forum for international relations
- ending the federal reserve It has worked since 1913
- stopping all foreign aid Part of "carrot and stick" diplomacy
- stopping all trade embargos such as cuba Agree
- ending the income tax We have nothing to replace it with. Until we come up with something more equitable, it is still the best available means to collect revenue

Wrong. The Constitution does not give the power to mandate healthcare at the Federal level, nor is healthcare a Right granted in the Constitution. It IS unconstitutional for the Federal government to usurp the powers given to the states.

Same goes for social security and medicare.

History says it does

Social Security, Medicare, Income taxes all have withstood numerous challenges and so will healthcare.

Under the Supremacy clause, the Federal Government has powers to regulate the states. That one has also been challenged numerous times

Nope. History says the self-perpetuating hydra that is our government rarely if ever disagrees with itself and what it wants to do. For instance, nothing in the Constitution precluded states from seceding as easily as they joined the Union until 1868 when a Supreme Court ruling retroactively covered the US government's up to then illegal war against Southern States.

The Federal government usurped the Constitutional Rights of the states by force of arms. Simple as that. It's how our government does everything. Agree, or we'll kick your ass.

That doesn't change the Constitution nor its intent nor the ideals contained within one bit. We rebelled against our King for less.

Since many States have filed suit we will surely see if THIS SC upholds the constitutionality of SS, Meidcare, Welfare and Medicaid and the new HC bill.

I, for one, hope they are all found unconstitutional and the Govt has to give back every dime that we the people have put into these bs entitlements.

These entitlements along with war spending are breaking this country. Would be nice to see them abolished and our troops coming home.

Do you think the Government has the money you contributed in some secret account with your name on it? The money you contribute already went to someone receiving SS or Medicare.

So what you are saying is that you would willingly walk away from ever receiving Social Security

If we can find the money to feed and medicate people all over the world. Respond to every disaster with billions, rebuild countries with bilions Fight wars all over the world, send people into space and spend what we spend for bs. I think we could find the money to refund those who have payed in and haven't recieved.

What do you think???

I think none of those things are even close to what it would cost to repay the Social Security investments of over 200 million Americans

- ending the iraq war and closing our bases around the world except in afgh until we leave there Agree
- ending the income tax We have nothing to replace it with. Until we come up with something more equitable, it is still the best available means to collect revenue

Wrong. The Constitution does not give the power to mandate healthcare at the Federal level, nor is healthcare a Right granted in the Constitution. It IS unconstitutional for the Federal government to usurp the powers given to the states.

When you're right, you're right.

Sometimes I wonder whether some Americans have actually read the Constitution, they seem to have absolutely no idea what is and is not Constitutional.

Sometimes I wonder whether some Americans have actually read the Constitution, they seem to have absolutely no idea what is and is not Constitutional.

I guess the US Supreme Courts for the last 100 years have not read the Constitution either. They have consistently supported income taxes, Social Security, Medicare, the federal reserve, the rights of the government to make treaties and embargos and the right to engage in war

meaning, at least,:

- phasing out SS and medicare asap
- ending the iraq war and closing our bases around the world except in afgh until we leave there
- leaving the UN
- ending the federal reserve
- stopping all foreign aid
- stopping all trade embargos such as cuba
- ending the income tax
I would.

I think none of those things are even close to what it would cost to repay the Social Security investments of over 200 million Americans

Investments? Are you serious?

Social security isnt an investment. Im forced to pay out money I know there will be no return on. That's not an investment. In fact, ive already written that money off as lost. I will never see a dime of it returned to me.

We are going to have to learn to sacrifice again. And I dont think we will see a dime of this money returned. We shouldnt invest it. We should just work so that we dont lose more of it.

• Thanks
Reactions: blu
meaning, at least,:

- ending the iraq war and closing our bases around the world except in afgh until we leave there
- leaving the UN
- ending the income tax

Hmm, I'd support points 2 and 5...

And point 7 if we made a flat tax that included all taxes including Payroll, Sales and Capital Gains taxes.

Not really sure how anything except for perhaps point 2 is "unconstitutional" though, as the 16th amendment provides for point 7 and the "General Welfare" Clause provides for point 1.

Yes, yes, we've all heard the "Provide for the General Welfare" doesn't really mean "Provide for the General Welfare" rationalization before.

Folks like Hamilton would of course have disagreed.

But of course, you fellas are all wrapped up in your idea that your interpretation of the Constitution is the only interpretation, and everyone else is somehow in a conspiracy to destroy the Constitution.

meaning, at least,:

- leaving the UN
- ending the income tax

Hmm, I'd support points 2 and 5...

And point 7 if we made a flat tax that included all taxes including Payroll, Sales and Capital Gains taxes.

Not really sure how anything except for perhaps point 2 is "unconstitutional" though, as the 16th amendment provides for point 7 and the "General Welfare" Clause provides for point 1.

The general welfare clause is not a grant of authority. It cannot provide for anything.

If its unconstitutional,, then challenge it to the SCOTUS. I'm sick of non-constitutional lawyers and experts on it claiming everything they don't agree with is unconstitutional. Well, if you believe so much, challenge the laws and let SCOTUS rule, which is what the CONSTITUTION states. And there is plenty of money in politics and political organizations that can fund a challenge of constitutionality.

are you trolling or what?

phasing out SS and medicare asap Nope, too many Americans depend on it

just because people want it doesn't make it constitutional. It is theft from the government.

where in the const can we join other groups that then have power over our nation?

what was the value of the dollar then vs now? what allowed for the mass printing of money that led to the debacle of the last year? what has placed the value of our dollar into a prviate, international organization?

doesn't make it constitutional

so you put an unconstitutional law into practice because nothing better is known? how does that make any sense?

Right, and just because someone thinks something they don't agree with is unconstitutional doesn't make it so. Are you conveniently ignoring the part of the Constitution that allows for challenges of laws to go to the SC to rule on whether its unconstitutional or not?

And are you kidding with your trolling comment? He stated his reasoning behind each of your points

are you trolling or what?

phasing out SS and medicare asap Nope, too many Americans depend on it

just because people want it doesn't make it constitutional. It is theft from the government.

where in the const can we join other groups that then have power over our nation?

what was the value of the dollar then vs now? what allowed for the mass printing of money that led to the debacle of the last year? what has placed the value of our dollar into a prviate, international organization?

doesn't make it constitutional

so you put an unconstitutional law into practice because nothing better is known? how does that make any sense?

Right, and just because someone thinks something they don't agree with is unconstitutional doesn't make it so. Are you conveniently ignoring the part of the Constitution that allows for challenges of laws to go to the SC to rule on whether its unconstitutional or not?

Are you conveniently ignoring the part of the Constitution that allows for challenges of laws to go to the SC to rule on whether its unconstitutional or not

Precisely, and since every capability of government on this list have been before the Supreme Court and found to be Constitutional

They are, by definition, CONSTITUTIONAL

Investments? Are you serious?

Social security isnt an investment. Im forced to pay out money I know there will be no return on. That's not an investment. In fact, ive already written that money off as lost. I will never see a dime of it returned to me.

We are going to have to learn to sacrifice again. And I dont think we will see a dime of this money returned. We shouldnt invest it. We should just work so that we dont lose more of it.

They've been saying that for decades now, yet people are still getting their checks

meaning, at least,:

- leaving the UN
- ending the income tax

Your premise is false from the git-go, since Social Security was in fact challenged and found constitutional. Therefore the existence of SS is not, by definition, constitutionally 'unsound'.

I guess the US Supreme Courts for the last 100 years have not read the Constitution either. They have consistently supported income taxes, Social Security, Medicare, the federal reserve, the rights of the government to make treaties and embargos and the right to engage in war

It wouldn't surprise me if they hadn't.

Yes, yes, we've all heard the "Provide for the General Welfare" doesn't really mean "Provide for the General Welfare" rationalization before.

Folks like Hamilton would of course have disagreed.

But of course, you fellas are all wrapped up in your idea that your interpretation of the Constitution is the only interpretation, and everyone else is somehow in a conspiracy to destroy the Constitution.

Hamilton only would have disagreed after the Constitution was ratified, which is, of course, the important point about Hamilton's views on the Constitution. Say one thing to get it ratified, and then something else once you have what you want.

so, when did you graduate law school? How long have you've been studying constitutional law and made judgements on it? Since you seem to think you know more than the highest judges and biggest experts on the constitution, the Supreme Court justices.

so, when did you graduate law school? How long have you've been studying constitutional law and made judgements on it? Since you seem to think you know more than the highest judges and biggest experts on the constitution, the Supreme Court justices.

you know how kids are...

then they grow up.

you know how kids are...

then they grow up.

But then again I'm speaking to someone who claims the US were terrorist during WWII

Forum List

Back