Who Would Jesus Vote For?

Liberal and anti-Israeli propoganda. I'm not buying it. I don't see Bush as the lesser of two evils, I see him as the good one. He's far from perfect, but he is good.

Oh, and rural Arkansas is not a good place to look for voting advice. Most of those people are die hard Dems, even though they don't know what Dems stand for anymore, just because their parents and grandparents were Dems. That, and the fact that they're still recovering from the brainwashing Clinton gave 'em.

Bullypulpit said:
Who would Jesus vote for? It wouldn't be Dubbyuh, a man as far from the ideals he embodied than I am from being elected POTUS.

How would you know? You know nothing of Christianity.

-=d=- said:
Not really - not according to God's will. God will allow/account for the person who He needs in place to fullfill his word.

:)

my idea of free will has just been blasted asunder. thanks. :banana2:

-=d=- said:
How so? You have the free will to vote for whomever you damn-well please.

but if my vote doesn't count, my free will of choosing my leader has been removed if its gods will that he chooses it. Isn't that what you said?

DKSuddeth said:
but if my vote doesn't count, my free will of choosing my leader has been removed if its gods will that he chooses it. Isn't that what you said?
wha??

C'mon man...don't take that route. That is not even CLOSE. You have the free will to vote for whomever you like. And that person may or may not win.
However elections turn out, it's according to God's will and plan. God places people in power for His purposes. If that means he hardens hearts to keep them from understanding truth, and voting 'democrat', or if people repsond to truth and vote 'republican' - God's hand is upon the chosen leader. God works thru them to allow for the promised He has made. God tells us this as comfort; even with what we deem 'crappy' leadership (Clinton, etc), God's still God. He's still watching and causing and loving this world He created.

-=d=- said:
wha??

C'mon man...don't take that route. That is not even CLOSE. You have the free will to vote for whomever you like. And that person may or may not win.
However elections turn out, it's according to God's will and plan. God places people in power for His purposes. If that means he hardens hearts to keep them from understanding truth, and voting 'democrat', or if people repsond to truth and vote 'republican' - God's hand is upon the chosen leader. God works thru them to allow for the promised He has made. God tells us this as comfort; even with what we deem 'crappy' leadership (Clinton, etc), God's still God. He's still watching and causing and loving this world He created.

well, I don't think you could have shown more partisan in that response, but despite where you think I'm 'taking that route', I was earnest in my question.

If you say god chooses our leaders, whether they are crappy or not, then we don't really elect our leaders do we?

DKSuddeth said:
well, I don't think you could have shown more partisan in that response, but despite where you think I'm 'taking that route', I was earnest in my question.

If you say god chooses our leaders, whether they are crappy or not, then we don't really elect our leaders do we?

I was hoping you'd see past the partisan content to find the point. The point is, We vote for our leaders - God sets our leaders in place. If God moves on voters to vote for even CRAPPY 'leaders', the crappy leaders will win. If God moves on voters' hearts to select 'Good' leaders, the good leaders will win.

:) Easy.

-=d=- said:
I was hoping you'd see past the partisan content to find the point. The point is, We vote for our leaders - God sets our leaders in place. If God moves on voters to vote for even CRAPPY 'leaders', the crappy leaders will win. If God moves on voters' hearts to select 'Good' leaders, the good leaders will win.

ok, I think I see what you're saying.

-=d=- said:

You don't think the devil isn't in there doing his best to see the "wrong" person elected?

Pale Rider said:
You don't think the devil isn't in there doing his best to see the "wrong" person elected?
Wouldn't matter...even if Satan's choice (if there is one) were elected, it would be so, only according to God's will. :)

Forum List

Back