Who would have won a fight between Bruce Lee and Mike Tyson ?

Each in their prime, in a real-life fight with no gloves or weapons.

All due respect to Bruce Lee, I think Mike Tyson would have killed him.

Hard to say. What would winning be? Knock out? Some kind of points? To the death? All three? Tyson is/was a slugger. Sure, I'm sure he used some technique, but in the end all he had to do was soak up some punches then fire that right. Even if Lee was able to keep moving the more blows he took and the longer it went in I think Tyson would have had him. Same for Lee. I think in this situation Lee would fire Tyson out and rip him up. I would go with Lee.

People underestimated Tyson's intelligence and his quickness, added to the fact that he had
the 60 pound weight and slight reach advantages, plus the killer instincts of a tiger from growing up on the streets of Brooklyn. However I've reconsidered that it could go either way - Lee would probably have the best chance of winning in a street fight that was out in the open, but in a tight space like an alley ( or a ring) Tyson would have the edge .

By the way if Bruce was still alive they would probably be friends
eating some of Mrs Lee's hash brownies and having a beer right now.
Passing one around on the JR show.

Hard to say. What would winning be? Knock out? Some kind of points? To the death? All three? Tyson is/was a slugger. Sure, I'm sure he used some technique, but in the end all he had to do was soak up some punches then fire that right. Even if Lee was able to keep moving the more blows he took and the longer it went in I think Tyson would have had him. Same for Lee. I think in this situation Lee would fire Tyson out and rip him up. I would go with Lee.

People underestimated Tyson's intelligence and his quickness, added to the fact that he had
the 60 pound weight and slight reach advantages, plus the killer instincts of a tiger from growing up on the streets of Brooklyn. However I've reconsidered that it could go either way - Lee would probably have the best chance of winning in a street fight that was out in the open, but in a tight space like an alley ( or a ring) Tyson would have the edge .

By the way if Bruce was still alive they would probably be friends
eating some of Mrs Lee's hash brownies and having a beer right now.
Passing one around on the JR show.

See? It's not so cut and dry. How used is was Tyson to getting hit? Same for Lee. And would they have gloves on? If not then a full on punch from Tyson could Kill Lee. Does Lee have to use boxing gloves? I'm sure the dude jade awesom physical conditioning, but put some gloves on and keep them in front of you for 5 minutes. All that makes a difference. In a boxing ring I still think Lee would have a good chance. He would have to be able to kick to match the punishment Tyson could deal out. I agree with what you said about them hanging out. Maybe would have been a good influence on Tyson and kept him out of trouble.

As revealed in the latter part of Tyson's career, if he couldn't get you out of there quickly, he had a tendency to become frustrated and his defense got sloppy. If Lee could have avoided his haymakers for several rounds, and used his speed to negate Tysons power, he likely could have outpointed him

the 60 pound weight and slight reach advantages, plus the killer instincts of a tiger from growing up on the streets of Brooklyn. However I've reconsidered that it could go either way - Lee would probably have the best chance of winning in a street fight that was out in the open...

One would like to think that Lee would be smart enough to run away if it were out in the open.

the 60 pound weight and slight reach advantages, plus the killer instincts of a tiger from growing up on the streets of Brooklyn. However I've reconsidered that it could go either way - Lee would probably have the best chance of winning in a street fight that was out in the open...

One would like to think that Lee would be smart enough to run away if it were out in the open.

For sure.

Maybe you're too young to know about the 'kung-fu' boom of the 70's and too inexperienced to know what "black belt" means in the streets (or a dojo, for that matter).
Maybe you are too busy to watch tv, where you can watch brown belts in the UFC display advanced kicking techniques that cripple expert strikers and championship wrestlers.

I'm not talking about your dimestore black belt from the 200 square foot dojo above the pizza shop. These are real brown and black belts.

Maybe you're too young to know about the 'kung-fu' boom of the 70's and too inexperienced to know what "black belt" means in the streets (or a dojo, for that matter).
Maybe you are too busy to watch tv, where you can watch brown belts in the UFC display advanced kicking techniques that cripple expert strikers and championship wrestlers.

I'm not talking about your dimestore black belt from the 200 square foot dojo above the pizza shop. These are real brown and black belts.

You might have missed the fact that Lee did not fight in the UFC, or any professional capacity. And if you're still impressed by the color of a belt, you're missing the point.

You might have missed the fact that Lee did not fight in the UFC, or any professional capacity.
Irrelevant. What is relevant is his advanced kicking techniques. They would cripple anyone only trained in boxing.

Oh yes, I am much more impressed with a black belt from a true, world renowned organization that I am with Uncle Stevie's black belt from Jimmy's Dojo.

You might have missed the fact that Lee did not fight in the UFC, or any professional capacity.
Irrelevant. What is relevant is his advanced kicking techniques. They would cripple anyone only trained in boxing.

Completely relevant, because you don't know how he would have fared against a professional boxer because he never fought professionally. You can't refer to the UFC as proof of something someone who never fought in that venue - or any other - could or could not do.

Forum List

Back