Who would abuse a wounded soldier?

Colin

Gold Member
Aug 11, 2009
England
What is our country coming to when we have sections of our community who would treat a dreadfully maimed soldier like this? Is this something unique to Britain, or does it happen in your country too?

Hero soldier who lost three limbs in Afghanistan taunted about his disabilities by teenagers

After losing three limbs fighting for his country, Matthew Weston might have expected to be treated with respect by the British public.

But the 20-year-old - who is one of the most seriously injured soldiers to survive since Britain began fighting in Afghanistan in 2001 - has instead had to endure cruel taunts in the street.
Yesterday his family were joined by politicians in condemning the cowards who insulted him.

Sapper Weston, of 33 Engineer Regiment, was first taunted by a callous teenager as he was being pushed in a wheelchair by his mother and girlfriend Bryony Bolland on an outing from hospital.

The yob shouted: 'Haven't you forgotten something? Oh yeah, your legs.'
Weeks later, as he was waiting to be served in a fish and chip shop, another lout sneered: 'If you didn't want to be blown up don't go to war.'
The incidents both happened in Birmingham, where he was being treated at the Royal Centre for Defence Medicine, Selly Oak Hospital.

Read more: Hero soldier who lost three limbs in Afghanistan taunted about his disabilities by teenagers | Mail Online

This is not an isolated case. There have been several instances where soldiers in uniform have been abused by members of the public and my own nephew has been spat at when in uniform. The report does not say, but the following quote mentioning the cities of Birmingham and Peterborough perhaps provide a clue as to which sector of our community is responsible for this vile treatment of our returning heroes:

Sapper Weston is not the first soldier to face abuse from the very people he risks his life to defend.
Troops returning from Afghanistan have been told to change into civilian clothes before landing at Birmingham Airport, while in Peterborough, RAF personnel were banned from wearing uniform in town because of the verbal abuse they received.
And in March, Muslim protesters waved offensive placards bearing slogans such as 'Butchers of Basra' as members of the 2nd Battalion Royal Anglian Regiment returned home.

Yes I read those storys and like to think that if I witnessed such things I would act in a timely fashion to nip it in the bud.As for the muslim bastards, thats the main reason I signed up on the English defence league forum.Any demos in my neck of the woods and I'll be there to support the cause.I would be happy to join any membership scheme they may start and would proudly adorn myself with English related badges and garb.
We wish to rid the country of these extremists.

muslims said this? i dont know ...my reaction to anyone mocking a crippled person would be bad....my reaction to a muslims mocking a wounded soldier would be off the scale...

Hero soldier who lost three limbs in Afghanistan taunted about his disabilities by teenagers

After losing three limbs fighting for his country, Matthew Weston might have expected to be treated with respect by the British public.

But the 20-year-old - who is one of the most seriously injured soldiers to survive since Britain began fighting in Afghanistan in 2001 - has instead had to endure cruel taunts in the street.
Yesterday his family were joined by politicians in condemning the cowards who insulted him.

Sapper Weston, of 33 Engineer Regiment, was first taunted by a callous teenager as he was being pushed in a wheelchair by his mother and girlfriend Bryony Bolland on an outing from hospital.

Weeks later, as he was waiting to be served in a fish and chip shop, another lout sneered: 'If you didn't want to be blown up don't go to war.'
The incidents both happened in Birmingham, where he was being treated at the Royal Centre for Defence Medicine, Selly Oak Hospital.

This is likely a more widespread problem, however the above example sounds more like something that typical arsehole teenagers might say.

omg really xox...really????

what damn kinda hood do you live in? i guess a lot of it...is living in a small town....cause here you can call smart ass thugs momma and grandmomma.

Not all teenagers are punks. My boys, who were tough kids, the oldest hung out with gang members for a while (he left that behind..and they're dead or in prison now for the most part), would NEVER yell insults at soldiers or otherwise incapacitated or older folks. In fact, he was 16 when he decided to leave that life behind and joined a military school..his own idea. He graduated a year before his classmates and made a concerted effort to put space between him and them from that point forward.

He would help people with flat tires, open doors for people, and would tolerate NO ONE yelling out insults at anyone. Either of my boys would lay down their lives for anyone in trouble or being bullied, and though they are grown now, they were the same when they were teenagers.

Not all teenagers are punks. My boys, who were tough kids, the oldest hung out with gang members for a while (he left that behind..and they're dead or in prison now for the most part), would NEVER yell insults at soldiers or otherwise incapacitated or older folks. In fact, he was 16 when he decided to leave that life behind and joined a military school..his own idea. He graduated a year before his classmates and made a concerted effort to put space between him and them from that point forward.

He would help people with flat tires, open doors for people, and would tolerate NO ONE yelling out insults at anyone. Either of my boys would lay down their lives for anyone in trouble or being bullied, and though they are grown now, they were the same when they were teenagers.

That is true.

Amend to read:

"Some Teenagers are punks. Film at 11."

I have never beat the shit out of anyone before, but I bet I have it in me to do it. Girls can fight dirty too, and those little punks would be crying for their Mommy's after I got done with them.

:evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

I'll send it to my oldest boy, he'll straighten them out.

Younger boy is in Mississippi now, getting ready to deploy to Iraq sometime in December.

And I'm sure Colin's nephew did the classy thing when he was spat on, and just kept walking, instead of beating the shit out of the person who did it. Which he could have done. He could have had them down on the ground with one hand in 2 seconds, but he took the high road.

What is our country coming to when we have sections of our community who would treat a dreadfully maimed soldier like this? Is this something unique to Britain, or does it happen in your country too?

Read more: Hero soldier who lost three limbs in Afghanistan taunted about his disabilities by teenagers | Mail Online

This is not an isolated case. There have been several instances where soldiers in uniform have been abused by members of the public and my own nephew has been spat at when in uniform. The report does not say, but the following quote mentioning the cities of Birmingham and Peterborough perhaps provide a clue as to which sector of our community is responsible for this vile treatment of our returning heroes:

Sapper Weston is not the first soldier to face abuse from the very people he risks his life to defend.
Troops returning from Afghanistan have been told to change into civilian clothes before landing at Birmingham Airport, while in Peterborough, RAF personnel were banned from wearing uniform in town because of the verbal abuse they received.
And in March, Muslim protesters waved offensive placards bearing slogans such as 'Butchers of Basra' as members of the 2nd Battalion Royal Anglian Regiment returned home.

It will probably be small comfort to know that the vast majority of British society has nothing but respect for those who knowingly put themselves in harm's way at the behest of Parliament.

The armed forces have always been treated that way in Britain, usually by those with too much time on their hands. The only difference between now and yesteryear is that people are more willing to tolerate it today than they used to be.

It's tragic that anyone should have to remove their uniform for fear of reprisals. A good case could be made for the reintroduction of stocks in the city centers of Birmingham and Peterborough. Or perhaps more usefully, getting those responsible to work in a military hospital for a period of time.

American soldiers faced abuse from Republicans in this country. They were sent off to war in old and rusty equipment. The wounded were brought back to moldy and dirty hospitals with their benefits being cut. The party that claimed to be so patriotic actually abused our soldiers and probably, because of their disregard for our brave American soldiers, their actions killed and maimed thousands. It's really been a national disgrace.

West Virginia: Investigation says veterans hospital in violation of mold cleanup guidelines

AP: Mold, Leaky Roofs Beset VA Clinics | Article from AP Online | HighBeam Research

WASHINGTON - The Veterans Affairs' vast network of 1,400 health clinics and hospitals is beset by maintenance problems such as mold, leaking roofs and even a colony of bats, an internal review says.

Makeshift metal jacket

"We scrounge around for what we need and 'Frankenstein' it together," said Sgt. Gus Paez, 34, of Kearny, who has been working late into the night, welding pieces of the salvaged metal onto the vehicles in his unit. "But it's better than nothing. Hopefully we're going to save somebody's life."

USATODAY.com - Trauma of Iraq war haunting thousands returning home

does not have sufficient capacity to meet the needs of new combat veterans

And I'm sure Colin's nephew did the classy thing when he was spat on, and just kept walking, instead of beating the shit out of the person who did it. Which he could have done. He could have had them down on the ground with one hand in 2 seconds, but he took the high road.

He did. He would never dishonour the uniform or the Corps by retaliating. Neither would most who wear the Queen's uniform. Honour and pride of regiment is foremost in their minds. And anyway, none would want to spend 6 months in a military prison!

American soldiers faced abuse from Republicans in this country. They were sent off to war in old and rusty equipment. The wounded were brought back to moldy and dirty hospitals with their benefits being cut. The party that claimed to be so patriotic actually abused our soldiers and probably, because of their disregard for our brave American soldiers, their actions killed and maimed thousands. It's really been a national disgrace.

Well, there's that and that time when Ron Kovic was spit upon at the GOP National Convention.

But honestly, dishonoring soldiers is a bipartisan and nonpartisan effort.

Some people just suck at life.

Not to forget the biggest abusers of our troops in Afghanistan...the British government led by the arch prick, Gordon Brown!

Tommy (with apologies to Kipling)

They flew me 'ome from Afghanistan with a bullet in me chest.
Cos they've closed the military 'ospitals, I'm in the NHS.
The nurse, she ain't no Britisher an' so she ain't impressed.
It's like I'm some street corner thug who's come off second best.
Yes, it's Tommy this, an' Tommy that, an' "You're not welcome 'ere".
But when Saddam was collar'd, they was quick enough to cheer.

They're proud when Tommy Atkins 'olds the thin red line out there,
But now he's wounded back at 'ome, he has to wait for care.
Some stranger in the next bed sez, "Don't you feel no shame?
You kill my Muslim brothers!" So it's me not 'im to blame!
An' then the cleaner ups an' sez "Who are you fightin' for?
It ain't for Queen and country 'cos it's not our bloody war!"
It's Tommy this, an' Tommy that, an' "Tommy, what's that smell?"
But it's "God go with you, Tommy," when they fly us out to 'ell.

O then we're just like 'eroes from the military's glorious past.
Yes, it's "God go with you, Tommy," when the trip might be your last.
They pays us skivvy wages, never mind we're sitting ducks,
When clerks what's pushing pens at 'ome don't know their flippin' luck.
"Ah, yes" sez they "but think of all the travel to be 'ad."
Pull the other one. Does Cooks do 'olidays in Baghdad?
It's Tommy this, an' Tommy that, an' "Tommy, know your place,"
But it's "Tommy, take the front seat," when there's terrorists to chase.

An' the town is full of maniacs who'd like you dead toot sweet.
Yes, it's "Thank you, Mr Atkins," when they find you in the street.
There's s'pposed to be a covynant to treat us fair an' square
But I 'ad to buy me army boots, an' me combats is threadbare.
An' 'alf the bloody 'elicopters can't get into the air,
An' me pistol jammed when snipers fired. That's why I'm laid up 'ere.
Yes, it's Tommy this, an' Tommy that, "We 'ave to watch the pence";
Bold as brass the P.M. sez, "We spare them no expense.

"But I'll tell you when they do us proud an' pull out all the stops,
It's when Tommy lands at Lyneham in a bloomin' wooden box!

Some teens will be punks, but it seems to be a disturbing trend in the UK. If returning troops are advised to change out of uniform before landing - that's a problem.

It's the demonstrating muslim militant fucks that are to blame for the most part.They are allowed to wave banners and scream obsceneties at the returning troops yet true blue blooded Englishmen are arrested when they retaliate in kind.:evil:

The country is going to the fucking dogs.
Too many laws to molly coddle muslims who are guilty of abusing the privilege of our hospitality,Boot the bastards out, repatriate the fucking scum if they hate us so much.

Forum List

Back