Who won the debate?

• Bush

Votes: 38 88.4%
  • Kerry

Votes: 5 11.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Gem said:
I woke up this morning and CNN had called it a draw....were they watching the same debate I watched???

Bush had the audience on his side during the entirety of the debate...he was making Kerry look foolish, managed to make the people listening take away several important things

1) The Kerry Plan is The Bush Plan, only somehow mysteriously "done better" even though France and Germany won't join him

2) He has a 20 year Senate Record of doing nothing for security

3) He is pro-choice, but falls back on Catholicism (and falls flat, in my opinion...what a mistake to fall back on his religion...) to say that although he does think abortion is murder...he's still for it...the audience wasn't biting

4) Kerry is wishy-washy about spending caps on legal malpractice suits (Bush had a great moment when he stood up and said "if you were interested in this why didn't you come down to the Senate and VOTE for it then?"

In my opinion, Kerry sounded like he was repeating the first Prez. debate and some of the best talking points from the VP debate...he didnt say anything new...he whined about being a flip-flopper and came back with the brilliant retort "I know you are but what am I?" Which ISN'T flying with voters...and he said again the "I misspoke about the way I talked about the 87billion" line...which just makes people think..."Um...no...you DID vote against the 87 billion...you can say it any funny way you want...but someone asked you why you voted against it...and you responded by saying, "I did, I did! Um...right before I didn't. Thats EXACTLY what you did!!"

I think its ridiculous to call last nights debate a draw...and I thought that Bush got PULVARIZED in the first one!
Agreed! Bush definately won the debate, and I don't just say that because I support Bush. I will admit Bush lost the first debate. I've seen this statement posted, and I agree, if the media is calling this a draw, than Bush won.

Bush really hammered at Kerry's record this debate, and left some people truly questioning Kerry's validity on his statements and 'plans', which he never does outline.

If the liberals are criticizing Bush for the "you need any wood" statement, it is further proof that Bush won. Bush responded perfectly to this false accusation. First, he stood up, acted completely surprised, like it was news to him, and then paused, as if in disbelief at what Kerry had just said. He then responded with the humerous comment of "You need any wood", which everyone laughed at, even Kerry. Kerry was the one who looked foolish. Notice also, that Kerry did not come back at all at Bush regarding that issue.

Bush kicked butt with the stem cell and abortion questions. Bush definately got those two women's votes. Kerry waivered around those questions, not actually answering the one regarding tax payers dollars and abortion.

The only question Bush did not answer directly was the '3 mistakes question", but I feel he answered it perfect. He doesn't want to end the debate on talking of what he has done wrong. He talked about the main decisions that people wonder if he made a mistake on and said it was the right decision. He then said he made some mistakes appointing people. Perfect answer. Kerry should have answered this question applied to himself, noting mistakes he made, but all he did was talk about Bush's mistakes.

Bush won, no doubt!

theim said:
But all the polls show Kerry won :wtf:

I think Bush may be done for after losing 2 debates.

Don't be so sure. All these polls mean to me is that Kerry supports aren't willing to admit when their guy lost, or will claim clear cut victory when it was to close to call. Hell, look at the last election.

Anyway....

I thought the debate was very spirited. Both were good when it came to style, except when Kerry brought up that lumber company thing (?). But I would have to give an edge to Bush on substance. I've always thought the town hall meetings were the best debates and most like an actual debate. Still, in the end, I don't think this changed anybody's mind and I doubt many undecided voters made their decision based on this debate.

ChrisH said:
If the liberals are criticizing Bush for the "you need any wood" statement, it is further proof that Bush won. Bush responded perfectly to this false accusation. First, he stood up, acted completely surprised, like it was news to him, and then paused, as if in disbelief at what Kerry had just said. He then responded with the humerous comment of "You need any wood", which everyone laughed at, even Kerry. Kerry was the one who looked foolish. Notice also, that Kerry did not come back at all at Bush regarding that issue.

That along with Bush apparently saying "internets", which I honestly didn't hear him say the s, is just like the Dems pushing that Edwards sat next to Cheney at breakfast three years ago. Draw attention to something silly to get your attention away from the point. The point with Edwards was that his Senate attendance record is horrible, the point with the "wood" was that Kerry ended up looking like a dumbass for even bringing it up.

MadMax said:
LOL are you a Charlie Daniels fan??? Just curious and I agree

'Course I like Charlie. And yes, that's who the line came from. The song is "Uneasy Rider".

This board has it's share of liberals, and I think we've had quite a few joining just recently. Primarily I think, because they want to polute the conservatives boards acrossed the internet with their talking points, and continue their assult on the President at every opportunity, in an attempt to get their stuffed shirt elected.

But liberals take notice... LOOK AT THE RESULTS OF THIS POLL! CLEARLY President Bush is seen as the winner of the last debate. And since the internet seems to be the newest best place to find the "truth", and not the liberal media, I'd also go as far as to say, the President will EASILY win in November.

Forum List

Back