Who won tonights debate in your eyes?

Who won?

• Total voters
MY SUMMARY: Santorum accuses another country of theocracy (Really?!), Ron Paul kicks Michele in the teeth regarding Iran policy (I fought when there was a REAL WAR, warmongering, etc), and Newt dances when accused of taking taxpayer money via FreddyMac. Ron Paul says nah, I don't tango, you worked for a government sponsored enterprise not a "free enterprise". Ding ding! Winners are Ron Paul for owning everyone that came at him other than Romney (who didn't attack him because of fear of retaliation; sad but smart), and Mitt Romney for subliminally attacking Obama at every corner essentially "self-proclaiming" the nomination already. Well played. Recent Iowa polls tend to agree, Newt has no more lead. The top 3 candidates (Newt, Romney, Paul) are all well within the error of the polling. Just my view.

Mitt is the man to beat.

Unfortunately, OBama will, easily.

Mitt has drawn support from the middle and left in the past. I seriously doubt he would be easy to beat.

Well, no, he hasn't.

In 1994, despite it being a horrible year to have a D behind your name, Ted Kennedy managed to beat him by 17 points even after his nephew went on trial for raping a woman at his house the year before.

In 2002, he ran against a non-entity, ran so far to the left he legally didn't even qualify as a Republican anymore, He won with a whopping 49% of the vote. Only because the Greens and Democrats split the lefty vote did he win.

In 2006, he looked at the fact he was 48 out of 50 governors in popularity and trailing potential Democrats like Deval Patrick by double digit. He chose not to run again.

In 2008, he won all of three primaries. Michigan, where his Dad was governor and he promised the Auto Industry a bailout (which he later denounced when Obama did it). Masschussetts, where he had been governor, he barely beat McCain, and Utah, which was full of his fellow Mormon Culists. Every other primary, he lost. Every. Last. One. To John McCain and/or Mike Huckabee.

And that's it. 4 elections, 3 losses.

If Romney were such a strong candidate, why has the REpublican Establishment decided to attack ANYONE who went up against him?

Mitt is the man to beat.

Unfortunately, OBama will, easily.

Bet you $1 that if Romney gets the nomination he wins and wins big.

What, not $10,000?

Besides the fact we can't ever complete the bet (you think I'm going to give one of you whacked out cultists my real name and address. Dream on.), Romney is a horrible candidate for a number of reasons.

Enough Evangelicals won't vote for him, he puts Iowa, Missouri, Virgina, NC, SC, Georgia and perhaps Texas into play.

Because he demagogued the immigration issue, Hispanics, where the GOP COULD have made some inroads this year, will go back to Obama in droves. Bye-bye Florida and New Mexico.

But his biggest problem is that Obama is going to play the class warfare card big time. And here you got a guy who made his fortune putting average workers out of jobs and shipping them off to China.

After letting it sink in I voted for Romney in the poll. I think both Gingrich and Romney did very well but I have to give the edge to Romney simply because Newt got hit a little harder. After tonight I feel a little more comfortable about Gingrich being the nominee, but I still support Romney first.

I thought considering the questions, Mitt Romney stood out above he fray and New t held his own and went above again with the activist judges. I was wondering if that would come up and delighted at the full support the candidates gave to the opinions of Gingrich. Kagan is a perfect example! Megyn Kelly just loked at Bret Baier, and said, "I tried!" Very telling, indeed"

Ron Paul was the biggest loser, Perry went the religious route again with Tebow ( feel as an afront to Romney), and Bachman made some points but still cannot tell the difference between an "consultant" and a "lobbyist."

I see some of the Republican rejection of Newt is that he can reach across the aisle to get things done and hard line Republicans just can handle that.

The biggest loser was Fox News. It seemed they delighted in the attacks.

You don't pay a "consultant" to work against you. Newt says he worked against Fannie and Freddie. While taking money from them. And you buy that? Really?

You don't pay a consultant to agree with you. You pay a consultant to present changes that will enhance your operation.

In 2008, he won all of three primaries. Michigan, where his Dad was governor and he promised the Auto Industry a bailout (which he later denounced when Obama did it). Masschussetts, where he had been governor, he barely beat McCain, and Utah, which was full of his fellow Mormon Culists. Every other primary, he lost. Every. Last. One. To John McCain and/or Mike Huckabee.
Though I'm certainly no fan of Vinnie Vitalis, he was sandbagged by the Huckster in order to get McQuisling nominated.

On top of that, the delegates are being doled out by proportion this time around, rather than winner-take-all.

He has far better chances this time around.

Though I'm certainly no fan of Vinnie Vitalis, he was sandbagged by the Huckster in order to get McQuisling nominated.

On top of that, the delegates are being doled out by proportion this time around, rather than winner-take-all.

He has far better chances this time around.

I have quite a different take on 2008.

Huckabee was the one guy I think who could have beaten Obama. He was more affable and related better to average folks. I think the GOP establishment wanted Romney, but once they realized that people weren't going to vote for him because of his phoniness, his whacked out religion, they chose McCain as plan B.

You see, the biggest problem the GOP has, IMO, is that it sold out to big corporations a long time ago. (As opposed to the Democrats, who only let themselves be rented from time to time.) Huckabee scared them because he could energize the religious base without paying lip service to the moneychangers in the temple. He put forth the truly scary idea that the central message of Christianity is not "Tax Cuts for Rich People".

This time, they got Huck out of the way by offering him a lot of money to do a TV show that no one watches. And the fact that one of the guys he pardoned because he found Jesus proved it by killing four cops in Washington state.

But the one thing that hasn't changed is that the voters STILL don't like Romney. he's still stuck at that 20-25% range he's been at since 2008.

NOw, I think the GOP establishment will probalby manage to sandbag Newt and anyone else who might make a late rally. They'll nominate Romney, and then wonder why he loses.

Forum List

Back