Who Won the Vice Presidential Debate?

Who won?

• Total voters
Here is the most telling thing about the debate to me I just watched a interview of a focus group of undecided voters in Ohio when they asked did this debate make any of you switch from undecided to definitely one candidate or the other no one did they were all still undecided.

what show was that on? :eusa_think:

There have been two one on FOX one on CNN both say pretty much the same thing surprisingly MSNBC is not doing a focus group of independent voters.

Last edited:
Obama's economic and political mindset=failure. Failure that could lead to the end of us all.

America can't do what small nations through europe have. NOT FOR A SECOND. Russia and China are trying to push the chips around as it is.

George W. Bush inherited a strong economy, a budget surplus, and a nation at peace.

Eight years later, he left Obama with a shattered economy, a trillion dollar deficit, and two useless wars.

Obama saved the country from another Great Depression, rebuilt GM, reformed healthcare, reformed Wall Street, doubled the stock market, created 12 straight quarters of GDP growth, created 32 straight months of private sector job growth, got Bin Laden, got Gaddafi, and got us out of Iraq.

And now with the automatic spending cuts and the expiration of the Bush tax cuts in 2012, Obama has solved the deficit problem as well.

Obama has done a very good job.

How exactly was our nation at peace when the WTC was bombed previously in 1993... Before Bush took office. But feel free not to let facts blur your partisan rant.

Sorry bout that,

Biden didn't have any huge gaffes. This was a vast improvement over Obama's performance. If this doesn't improve Obama's poll numbers, then nothing will.

Huh? Mark my words, Biden came across as rude, condescending, a buffoon and just a downright asshole. Ryan had class Biden was a pain in the ass I would be embarassed if he was ever the CIC.

Again:
2zi372p.jpg

1. This picture sums up Biden so well.
2. *Joe the King Obama's, Court Jester*.
3. We need to get his *ASS* out of office!
4. We can't have this *ASS CLOWN* one heart beat away from the Presidency either.

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

Biden did an excellent job. Based on compassion, facts and sincerity - I give him an A. He was the adult on stage.

Ryan did a poor job. Based on LACK OF compassion, facts and sincerity - I give him a D. He was the child on stage.

I thought the moderator was good (not great) - I give her a B. I thought she cheated Biden out of equal time, leaving Biden with little choice but to sometimes interrupt Ryan.

Sorry bout that,

Biden did an excellent job. Based on compassion, facts and sincerity - I give him an A. He was the adult on stage.

Ryan did a poor job. Based on LACK OF compassion, facts and sincerity - I give him a D. He was the child on stage.

I thought the moderator was good (not great) - I give her a B. I thought she cheated Biden out of equal time, leaving Biden with little choice but to sometimes interrupt Ryan.

1. I have to disagree, Biden looked and acted more like the *Joker* on Batman the TV series, back in the 1960's.
2. I give Biden a C for no major foot in mouth moments.
3. And I gave Ryan a B for not blowing up and getting pissed at the old clown.
4. Ryan stood up like a man and told whats wrong with this administration, which he spoke clearly.
5. I think the Independents liked his message, and disliked Biden's, he was too grumpy and crazy uncle looking, smiled too much as well.:badgrin:
6. And they noticed Biden didn't speak well of Obama, seldom even mentioned him, that says a lot, says he doesn't even come into his mind much, telling us there isn't much mutual respect between them.

Regards,
SirJamesofTexas

Biden is how you think adults should behave? That explains a lot about why you're such an idiot.

Ryan "won" not because of his performance, but because Biden acted like a childish buffoon.
Ryan was not specific, too obviously avoided answering direct questions and flubbed the abortion issue outright.
If Biden would have came across as a statesman - he would have beaten Ryan badly - and should have with his extensive debate experience and inside knowledge.
It was Bidens to lose....and he did...hands down.

He still refused outline the "plan" to cut everyone's taxes without exploding the deficit, saying that these are questions that will be answered by congress, you have no ground to stand on to claim that Ryan has any grasp of economic possibilities.

What a Remarkable Statements. lol. Ryan is considered by many to be extremely Informed on exactly those issues. He is a Numbers guy.

silly lol
I am assuming you actually saw him dodge the question as I did just as he dodged it the other night? It's a pretty bold statement to say that he is going to cut taxes and deductions make it all balance without cutting the middle class deductions that are sorely needed right now, the question of how is a natural one to put to the numbers man and I heard nothing but a dodge.
Maybe Romney and Ryan assume that Americans are aware of how cutting taxes on the rich and small businesses allow them to invest more money in growth and new jobs which increases overall government revenue in itself.

I'm no economic scholar but even I understand the basics of this concept without having it explained to me every time the strategy is proposed, but I suppose Romney and Ryan should take into account the liberal tendency to overlook facts and ignore reality.

Call me silly, but I think Americans are much better at spending and investing their own money than a wasteful government is which thinks that $12 danishes, $600 hammers, million dollar getaways for federal employees and a half billion dollars to Solyndra are good investments.

The simple truth of the matter is that we have created a fat insatiable government that blows money like there's no tomorrow and is forever demanding $more$ and gullible voters who overlook it as long they're getting free stuff at someone else's expense.

Our very wise founding fathers knew that government is a necessary evil that must be kept to an absolute bare minimum, but apparently this basic wisdom has slowly eroded over the past 100 years resulting in the economic mess we are presently in.

You know it's funny... If Biden hadn't acted like he was just off a stint at Barnum & Bailey Circus with his ridiculous laughter, and goofy facial expressions... I think the debate might have been fairly even. Sadly for Democrats, it is Biden's buffoonery that will be remembered by the American people.

Who Won the Vice Presidential Debate?

I won,,,,,I didn't waste my time watching it. If I want to hear/read talking points, I can simply log on to USMB.
I suppose that's one way of looking at it!

By the way, concerning your Signature;

"Labels" are big help and save us a lot of time identifying who or what we are dealing with or looking for.

It helps to know the difference between god and a wino, a bar and a church and a beer and liquid drano.

Weekly Standard’s Mark Hemingway: “Joe Biden’s laughing through talking about Iran sanctions?”

Washington Examiner’s Philip Klein: “Biden’s strategy seems to be to laugh at Ryan constantly. Will it work to infantalize Ryan, or backfire like Gore sighing?”

NBC’s David Gregory: “Biden’s smile is out of control.”

BuzzFeed’s Ben Smith: “So did Biden practice laughing at Ryan???”

ABC’s Rick Klein: “Biden on verge of breaking down in laughter when Ryan talks.”

Former Eric Cantor staffer Brad Dayspring: “Joe Biden needs to realize this isn’t a Senate Foreign Relations Hearing. His laughter and condescending attitude is a disaster.”

Radio host Neal Boortz: “Looking like Biden’s gameplan is to laugh his way through this.”

Townhall.com’s Guy Benson: “Will Biden laugh his ass off at the terrible economy, too?”

MSNBC’s S.E. Cupp: “Biden needs to laugh a little less through the Libya, Middle East, nuclear Iran segment.”

Washington Post’s Chris Cillizza: “Ok. I have decided. I find the Biden smile slightly unsettling.”

PBS’ Jeff Greenfield: “Biden has always had a smile that at times is really, really inappropriate.”

Washington Examiner’s Paul Bedard: “Can’t tell yet if Biden’s smirking, laughs, eye-rolling, head shaking, works for him or not against the oh-so-young looking eager Ryan.”

Former White House press secretary Ari Fleischer: “Biden is at risk of having his laugh come across like Gore’s sighs. He should knock it off.”

The New York Times’ Ashley Parker: “Biden’s grin is Chesire Cat caliber.”

Republican strategist Ron Bonjean: “Biden laughing does not come off with the intended effect. It is actually hurting him. Looks very condescending.”

Movie critic Roger Ebert: “Joe! Stop smiling and laughing!”

Washington Times’ Emily Miller: “Biden laughing when he disagrees with Ryan is so annoying. Like a child in time out.”

Washington Post’s Jennifer Rubin: “Biden’s laughing is losing the debate- obnoxious”

(Excerpt) Read more at politico.com ...

Forum List

Back