Who won the debate tonight? Obama or Romney?

Who won the debate tonight? Obama or Romney?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
First of all, I did not do contradictory posts. You seem kind of nice so I will tell you what happened. I answered the survey (which I will never make the mistake of doing again) so help me. Of course I voted for the prez. He's my guy!!!

Subsequent to that, I received kind of a nasty post accusing me of saying Obama won the debate. But I had never done such a post. I had no idea they were referring to that damn survey. That's it. I might add they did the same thing to 2 other posters that voted for Obama in that survey. Why is it such a big deal?? I don't get it and I think it's just another excuse for these people to bully. What are they going to do if Obama wins a second term?? Burn down school houses??

Same thing, dumb ass... voting that Obama won the debate ion the poll is the same as saying he won. You're utter stupidity on this is reaching new levels.

What was interesting was how many pundits asked why Obama didn't call out Romney on all his debate lies. It seems that Obama, who I still don't think did a great job, seems to have played rope a dope with Romney. The fact checkers seem to have been putting in overtime, and even Romney's supporters are asking how he could do a one eighty on so many of his positions.

In spite of his meth inspired rant during the debate, Romney is now starting to look more like a bullshit artist and less presidential.

What was interesting was how many pundits asked why Obama didn't call out Romney on all his debate lies. It seems that Obama, who I still don't think did a great job, seems to have played rope a dope with Romney. The fact checkers seem to have been putting in overtime, and even Romney's supporters are asking how he could do a one eighty on so many of his positions.

In spite of his meth inspired rant during the debate, Romney is now starting to look more like a bullshit artist and less presidential.

Nah, your guy is suffering from the Teleprompter Blues. The Dear Leader lost a very dear friend when they pulled the plug. He's completely clueless, especially on economic matters. Romney thoroughly embarrassed him.

Nah, your guy is suffering from the Teleprompter Blues. The Dear Leader lost a very dear friend when they pulled the plug. He's completely clueless, especially on economic matters. Romney thoroughly embarrassed him.

Yeah, Romney certainly was lying through his teeth to get Obama to lose his cool. That failed, didn't it.

Yeah, Romney certainly was lying through his teeth to get Obama to lose his cool. That failed, didn't it.

You keep telling yourself that. Enjoy your Bot programming. :cuckoo:

So says the paulbot. What did you think when Romney claimed his healthcare plan covered pre-existing conditions, and his own campaign admitted that was not true? Why do you think Romney made that claim?

So says the paulbot. What did you think when Romney claimed his healthcare plan covered pre-existing conditions, and his own campaign admitted that was not true? Why do you think Romney made that claim?

And that's not even true. It's as true as Professor Rosen said Romney's economic plan was unworkable.

PolitiFact | Mitt Romney says his health care plan covers pre-existing conditions

During the drafting of the law, insurers warned that the provision could drive them out of business if people can wait until they get sick to buy insurance. So to address that concern, the law requires everyone to have health insurance or pay a tax penalty. That penalty clause is called "the individual mandate," and the Supreme Court ruled it constitutional this summer.

Romney opposes that mandate, and has consistently said the health law should be repealed and replaced. But his health care plan doesn’t pack a lot of details.

His website, though, says people "should be guaranteed the ability to retain coverage" if they have "maintained continuous health insurance coverage." That means if you already have health insurance, other insurers can’t deny you if you have pre-existing conditions. (After the debate, his spokesman confirmed this was still his position.)

And that's not even true. It's as true as Professor Rosen said Romney's economic plan was unworkable.

PolitiFact | Mitt Romney says his health care plan covers pre-existing conditions

During the drafting of the law, insurers warned that the provision could drive them out of business if people can wait until they get sick to buy insurance. So to address that concern, the law requires everyone to have health insurance or pay a tax penalty. That penalty clause is called "the individual mandate," and the Supreme Court ruled it constitutional this summer.

Romney opposes that mandate, and has consistently said the health law should be repealed and replaced. But his health care plan doesn’t pack a lot of details.

His website, though, says people "should be guaranteed the ability to retain coverage" if they have "maintained continuous health insurance coverage." That means if you already have health insurance, other insurers can’t deny you if you have pre-existing conditions. (After the debate, his spokesman confirmed this was still his position.)

So even you admit that Romney did lie in the debate, when he claimed (from your own link):

"Pre-existing conditions are covered under my plan," Romney noted at the debate in Denver on Oct. 3.

Why did he lie? Even under your own scenario, an insurance company could insure someone who did not know they had a condition, like a congenital heart problem, and then deny the claim.

Somebody above made the point of a possible Obama 'rope a dope' defense, setting up Romney for a scorching next time on the holes in his narrative.

If . . . and that is a big fat if . . . somebody on the O Team is looking far, far ahead.

I never looked forward to a VP debate the way I am this one because of last week. The Ryan Express vs. the Biden Bruiser. This should be great!

Obama is clueless about the economy, he just didn't know how to defend his record on the economy and obviously wrote off this debate after his opening statement.
Hard to defend a 16 trillion deficit and the high unemployment and why he hasn't turned it around after nearly four years.

Gallup: Romney pulls even with Obama after biggest debate win in recorded history

Gallup poll numbers released Monday continue to demonstrate an apparent Mitt Romney surge, with the Republican nominee pulling even with President Obama on the heels of what Gallup deemed the biggest debate victory in recorded history.

The new Gallup numbers show registered voters overwhelmingly considered Romney the winner of the debate in Denver. Seventy-two percent gave Romney the win, while 20 percent said Obama did the better job. Gallup reported the 52-point victory is the biggest the polling firm has ever measured -- the closest was Bill Clinton's 42-point win over George H.W. Bush in a 1992 debate.

The sentiment appeared to have implications for Romney's national standing. Polling in the three days after the debate showed the candidates tied at 47 percent each. In the three days prior, Obama was leading by 5 points.

:thewave:

The Gallup poll is not reflected in RCP swing state massive movement. It's just not there. The Obama cushions do seem to be softening a bit.

Forum List

Back