Who won last night?

Who won last night?

The New York Lins......I mean Knicks.

Why do you ask?

I didn't hear anything last night that I haven't heard before so therefore I think the whole thing was a big waste of my time.

Santorum was great. Ron Paul is good too. Romney seems insincere.

When it comes to Romney, I don't know if it is insincerity, or if he is trying too hard to sound like one of the guys.

He will never be one of the guys.

Romney is completely out of touch with the common man. But I think it is a mistake to make that the basis of whether or not a person is right for the job of President of the United States of America.

So he's up there in the box seats drinking champagne and you are down in the cheap seats drinking Miller Lite and doing the Wave. So what? In the great scheme of things, that difference shrinks to insignificance.

What matters is who can move the country forward. And that is what we need to focus all of our attention on.

A lot of the questions asked in these debates are stupid and inane. They are game show questions. Is it any wonder we get a bad impression of the candidates?

The voters should be getting their information about them from better sources.

I thought Ron Paul and Newt won. They didn't allow themselves to get trolled by the moderator and other candidates like Santorum and Romney did lol

Yes, the United States and our leaders matter to me.

If it matters then why would you vote for any of the people running because none of them are any different than what we've had and look at where we are because of it.
Yes, all are humans. I'd like an alternative to Obama, but the best obviously are NOT running.
[FONT=georgia, bookman old style, palatino linotype, book antiqua, palatino, trebuchet ms, helvetica, garamond, sans-serif, arial, verdana, avante garde, century gothic, comic sans ms, times, times new roman, serif]We'd all like to vote for the best man, but he's never a candidate.
~Frank McKinney "Kin" Hubbard[/FONT]

[Santorum] getting over 20% of the vote in a 4 man race.

... means that 80% didn't like him well enough to vote for him. The same could be said of the others as well.

Last night, Santorum blew it, big time. His voice was shaking at the beginning and when he tried to make a point, he just sorta wandered all over the place. The last thing we need is a sexually oppressed "team player".

The other three did as well as they always do - nothing but "Obama bad - Me good" but nothing much of substance that we haven't already heard. The most interesting points were made by Ron Paul and Noot did his usual weasling out of questions by going on the offensive.

The indisputable winner last night was President Obama but the Republican Game of Whack A Mole continues. Isn't it Paul's turn to "surge"?

Last night, Santorum blew it, big time. His voice was shaking at the beginning and when he tried to make a point, he just sorta wandered all over the place. The last thing we need is a sexually oppressed "team player".

The other three did as well as they always do - nothing but "Obama bad - Me good" but nothing much of substance that we haven't already heard. The most interesting points were made by Ron Paul and Noot did his usual weasling out of questions by going on the offensive.

The indisputable winner last night was President Obama but the Republican Game of Whack A Mole continues. Isn't it Paul's turn to "surge"?

Santorum's problem is the unavoidable fact that he built his political career on the platform of a specific big-government "social conservative" niche he exploited. That's how he defined himself to acquire relevance and maintain self-preservation in getting to where he is today in politics but unfortunately for him (and fortunately for the US imo), social conservatism no longer appears to be a populist sell. Santorum wasn't a predetermined candidate like a GWB or Obama or Romney: he wasn't groomed from day 1 to run for POTUS. I don't believe Santorum ever actually had genuine presidential aspirations prior to 2008; so he always had the luxury of not having to care about appealing to the general electorate and with this came his decisions made then that he's struggling to deflect today. There are certain issues where he can't really deny his inconvenient history and he can't really embrace it so he's incredibly vulnerable to it. That's a pretty uncomfortable position for anyone to be in and it produces the kind of myopic rationalizations we tend to see from politicians whenever they get nailed to their historical wall on specific issues.

I liked where Paul called Saniturkey a phoney.

I give Paul credit for he is far more restrained than I would be. Here you have Ron Paul -- a visible political martyr who alone planted the very libertarian seeds of the grassroots Tea Party movement keeping the GOP alive -- being expected to take serious a particularly anti-libertarian RINO troll misrepresenting himself to pander to and hijack the movement.

Forum List

Back