who will you vote for among the three

Iran, for instance, has exhibited a desire to talk with us. It's the Bush administration that refuses.

I'm of the belief that Iran would not ALWAYS look at us that way. Their hardline rhetoric towards countries has always contained a specificity about the governments of the countries they are referring to. Even with Israel, they specify the "regime" which angers them.

http://www.israelnewsagency.com/iranisraelnuclearterrorism500710.html
Ahmadinejad also warned that Israel's defensive actions against rocket attacks coming from the Gaza Strip could cause an "explosion'" in the Islam world. Arabs have staged only small and sporadic demonstrations and their governments have made few complaints. The Iran president warned Israel's Western allies that Israel's incursion could provoke an angry response from the world's 50-odd Muslim nations. "They should not let things reach a point where an explosion occurs in the Islamic world,'' he said. "If an explosion occurs, then it won't be limited to geographical boundaries. It will also burn all those who created (Israel) over the past 60 years,'' he added, referring to the United States and Israel's other Western allies.

Yep he sounds like a reasonable person that we could come up with a soution with.

I'm an independent so I feel very under represented. But I do vote, in every election, federal, state and local since l976 save two (local).

I tend to vote conservative (not sure what that means anymore) at the federal congressional/senate, plus the state and local level. But for US President I've voted for Kennedy, Carter, Perot (twice) and several Libertarian candidates plus I voted for RR and Bill Clinton. Voted for GW Bush first term, he delivered on the tax cuts, but not the second term.

I took a Google Ad quiz to see how my views lined up with the current slate of candidates and the results revealed that my view most closely matched Obama's platform.

I also took the quiz on the Christian Science Monitor site to see where on the political scale I fit and it was the same as Colin Powell, slightly left of center.

I'll prolly cast my vote with a libertarian this time.

Who knows maybe enough voters going for something other than the two major parties may spark another third party run in the near future.

Okay. So who will you vote for among the three? I was going to vote for McCain because I considered myself to be a moderate republican. Yet, as I research each candidate, carefully listen to the debates and review their history, I find myself leaning toward Obama. No. I’m not in love with Obama. I don’t believe every sentence that he utters. I’m not hypnotized. I know that he has exaggerated at least once or twice. I’m confident that McCain has also used some spin to try to convince people that he would be the best choice for president. Still, all things considered, I think that Obama will beat Hillary and that I’ll vote for Obama unless some “earth-shattering” event happens before Election Day.

Will it be Larry, Curly or Moe?:eusa_think:

Whoever doesn't sound like a blithering idiot. Guess that means I will be voting for Obama.

Whoever doesn't sound like a blithering idiot. Guess that means I will be voting for Obama.

So as long as they give great speeches your in, oh ok. I hear Hitler gave one hell of a speech....LOL

Obama/Clinton. I would not vote for McCain under any circumstances. His foreign policy is atrocious even when he isn't pandering to the far right.

I am for Obama. He is an excellent candidate for President of the U.S. He is very well educated, outspoken, has leadership qualities, and cares about all Americans.

Okay. So who will you vote for among the three? I was going to vote for McCain because I considered myself to be a moderate republican. Yet, as I research each candidate, carefully listen to the debates and review their history, I find myself leaning toward Obama. No. I’m not in love with Obama. I don’t believe every sentence that he utters. I’m not hypnotized. I know that he has exaggerated at least once or twice. I’m confident that McCain has also used some spin to try to convince people that he would be the best choice for president. Still, all things considered, I think that Obama will beat Hillary and that I’ll vote for Obama unless some “earth-shattering” event happens before Election Day.

I don't really want to vote for McCain because I'm not entirely sure what I'll be getting or what the future holds. The nice thing about Obama and Hillary that removes any possiblity of consideration is that everyone knows exactley what the future holds with them because they've told us what they would do. We know our taxes will go up and we know they're gonna push for some form of UHC and we know they have no intention of reigning in spending.

I don't really want to vote for McCain because I'm not entirely sure what I'll be getting or what the future holds. The nice thing about Obama and Hillary that removes any possiblity of consideration is that everyone knows exactley what the future holds with them because they've told us what they would do. We know our taxes will go up and we know they're gonna push for some form of UHC and we know they have no intention of reigning in spending.

Really and you think all of their programs are going to be signed into law. Nope they haven't said their going to raise our taxes unless you are a top 1% wage earner. But I doubt very seriously if my taxes won't go up under their adminstrations. But I do think they will spend as much as Congressionally and politically possible on social programs.

Really and you think all of their programs are going to be signed into law. Nope they haven't said their going to raise our taxes unless you are a top 1% wage earner. But I doubt very seriously if my taxes won't go up under their adminstrations. But I do think they will spend as much as Congressionally and politically possible on social programs.

I would certainly hope their agenda wouldn't pass. Also true they haven't explcitely said they will raise taxes, but let's face it, they are democrats and pretty liberal ones at that. I know we don't like generalities around here, but liberal = higher taxes, is a pretty safe one.

I've never understood what it is about the 1% argument and that being in said group inherently gives government the right to tax you more. Where does this notion that we should tax even more the group of people that is least dependant on government to redistribute to those who are most dependant? There's the math I guess, but it seems the left has come to this notion that there is something inherent in the fact that some simply have more than entitles them to some of that money.

Forum List

Back