Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Romney

Votes: 5 35.7%
  • Thompson

Votes: 2 14.3%
  • Don't know

Votes: 1 7.1%

• Total voters
Well the polls say Huckabee or Romney. But perhaps Huckabee is not as organized, nor has he had money for as long, as Romney. I'm not good at picking close contests. But I guess Romney. In the end, Iowa will not have made much difference; especially if someone different, as looks likely, wins New Hampshire. In the general election, it will be all about Florida, Ohio, and New Mexico; the very close, go-red-or-blue, states. That is why Guiliani gives the Pachyderms their best chance. He gives them the best shot at Florida and Ohio, without which they have zero chance.

Well the polls say Huckabee or Romney. But perhaps Huckabee is not as organized, nor has he had money for as long, as Romney. I'm not good at picking close contests. But I guess Romney. In the end, Iowa will not have made much difference; especially if someone different, as looks likely, wins New Hampshire. In the general election, it will be all about Florida, Ohio, and New Mexico; the very close, go-red-or-blue, states. That is why Guiliani gives the Pachyderms their best chance. He gives them the best shot at Florida and Ohio, without which they have zero chance.

I hope Romney is shucjked out of the race as early as possible. He will be a worse blight than Bush and Clinton combined.

Darn,..I started another thread on this subject without noticing this thread first. Sorry folks!

Too close to say for sure, but from just observing Iowan voters, I think there could be a "Huckaboom"...guess all we can do is wait and see.

If Huckabee wins Iowa, things could get real interesting...

Huckabomb screwed up with that non-negative ad. Iowa is a very traditional state: for example, a small Iowa town like Decorah, Iowa is basically the grandchildren of Norwegian immigrants who are peaceniks with high traditional moral values and Decorah represents what Iowa is like. Anything that smacks of a flimflam-man is quitely rejected and mostly likely Romeny will be the winner of Huck's stumble.

Huckabomb screwed up with that non-negative ad. Iowa is a very traditional state: for example, a small Iowa town like Decorah, Iowa is basically the grandchildren of Norwegian immigrants who are peaceniks with high traditional moral values and Decorah represents what Iowa is like. Anything that smacks of a flimflam-man is quitely rejected and mostly likely Romeny will be the winner of Huck's stumble.

and no sign that it's stopping:

http://www.sundriesshack.com/?p=3848

Plenty of links, this one particularly good.
Can You Smell What The Huckster is Shoveling?

By Jimmie on Jan 3, 2008 in The 2008 Horse Race

And now here comes more of that Huckabee passive-aggressive schucking and jiving. There are murmurs coming out of his campaign that a big smeary dirty attack is coming against one of the candidates that will be so vile and disgusting and smelling of gooseplop that it’ll drive the candidate right out of the campaign.

Maybe even out of the country.

Indeed, the story is so salaciously wicked that the not-mentioned-but-coyly-hinted-at candidate will have to construct a rocket ship and launch himself into the burning sun which will be the only thing hot enough to incinerate his shame.

But hark! What is this? Michael van der Galien has found that it’s not just one story coming out of Sanctimony Central, it’s two! They may be about the same candidate. They may not. For sure, one of the candidates involved is Mitt Romney.

I dearly hope that Iowa Republicans decide we don’t need another silver-tongued emotion-stoker from Arkansas who specialized in passive-aggressive behavior and slimy tricks to get what he wants in the White House. I dearly hope they use their common sense and deny the Huckster the win he so desperately needs.

He may have...so what does that leave the voters with?

The flim-flam man vs. the flip-flop man?

:rofl:

Not surprising since Guiliani didn't campaign there. Who is going to vote, particularly in a caucus, for a guy who says 'nevermind I don't care about your State.'

I'm sure Guiliani will still do well in other States. Will be interesting to see how Huckabee does elsewhere.

Forum List

Back