Who will win the GOP Presidential nomination in 2012?

Who will the 2012 GOP Nominee be?

• Mitt Romney

Votes: 4 18.2%
  • Ron Paul

Votes: 6 27.3%
  • Newt Gingrich

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mike Huckabee

Votes: 1 4.5%
  • Mitch Daniels

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Tim Pawlenty

Votes: 2 9.1%
  • Herman Cain

Votes: 3 13.6%
  • Curly Howard

• Moe Howard

• Someone Else

Votes: 4 18.2%

• Total voters
Ron Paul and David Duke would be the ONLY 2 republicans I would vote for if neither of them are the Republican nominee I vote 3rd party.

I don't know if the Tea Party is running a candidate, if that is what you are saying.

Which is more close to workable? Obamacare is getting blown out of the water in Courts. At least Romneycare was tried. The WSJ had an article today putting things in perspective. Romneycare is workable with higher co-pays and fewer freebies. No one gets "something for nothing".

Maybe...

Romneycare proves failure

Healthcare is NOT a right...it's a business...and a RESPONSIBILITY of the people to look for it at a price that suits them in the free market.

To ALL Gubmint...Hands off.
Healthcare is a human right.

Forcing me to foot the bill is not however.

Who will win the GOP Presidential nomination in 2012? I think the GOP has a problem right now, The front runner.... Who will be the GOP nominee?

If boedicca gets any more posts in The Flame Zone...maybe we have a candidate.

Last edited:
George Will seems to think it will be Daniels and Pawlenty as the last guys standing. I am still thinking Mitt might to take it for a couple of reasons.

1. He got bushwhacked by Huckabee last election cycle. There may be a general feeling of guilt over that in the GOP.
2. His chances aren't very good..so it's not much of a loss if he goes down.
3. GOP generally puts up candidates whose "turn" is up. Well Mitt's turn is basically in 2012.
4. There is still a reasonably good chance for him to take the general. Despite the slow start out of the gate..he's proven he's got the chops.

George Will seems to think it will be Daniels and Pawlenty as the last guys standing. I am still thinking Mitt might to take it for a couple of reasons.

1. He got bushwhacked by Huckabee last election cycle. There may be a general feeling of guilt over that in the GOP.
3. GOP generally puts up candidates whose "turn" is up. Well Mitt's turn is basically in 2012.
4. There is still a reasonably good chance for him to take the general. Despite the slow start out of the gate..he's proven he's got the chops.

America will not elect a Morman president. Sorry Mitt. You guys are just too crazy. I'm certain You think your religion is normal and everything but it is not. I won't go into all of the reasons but you know what they are.

America will not elect a Morman president. Sorry Mitt. You guys are just too crazy. I'm certain You think your religion is normal and everything but it is not. I won't go into all of the reasons but you know what they are.
I gotta agree. Add to that, Mittens is not well liked in GOP circles, and he's very boring.

BUT...he may be thrown out there to be demolished by Obama to 'prove' that the Retardlicans aren't religious bigots, knowing he doesn't have a chance. In this way, they will never have to deal with a Mormon again, and never worry about being labeled as religiously intolerant.

Of course, that's prolly too conspiracy-theory.

Who will win the GOP Presidential nomination in 2012? I think the GOP has a problem right now, The front runner.... Who will be the GOP nominee?

The question should be more like who's going to lose to Obama in 2012, who gives a shit about who's going to get nominated when its an automatic loss anyways?

I don't know if the Tea Party is running a candidate, if that is what you are saying.

Herman Cain and Ron Paul are the 2 tea-party supported canidates.

Herman Cain is actually a teapartier himself and embodies the personal values of the teaparty and Ron Paul embodies the political spirit of the teaparties.

Mitt Romney = Obama victory.

Too much baggage with the largest bag being Romney Care, AKA State Level Obamacare.

Now Me personally, being a resident of MA, I dont mind how romney did our healthcare here. At least he kept it at state level, which is the level that this type of governance is acceptable from. However, this type of plan at the federal level violates the constitution.

That being said most people wont differentiate between RomneyCare and ObamaCare in this way so it would sink Romney.

The question should be more like who's going to lose to Obama in 2012, who gives a shit about who's going to get nominated when its an automatic loss anyways?

How is it an automatic loss?

The only thing Obama has going for him is Bin Laden was killed and that will wear off before the election.

Let me ask you a few short questions:

Is the unemployment rate still high?
Is the economy still flat?
Have we hit our debt ceiling?
Are we running trillion plus dollar annual federal budget defecits?

The economy alone is enough to sink obama nevermind if we get into the overreaches of power under his watch such as Obamacare.

Forum List

Back