Who will win the GOP Presidential nomination in 2012?

Who will the 2012 GOP Nominee be?

• Mitt Romney

Votes: 4 18.2%
  • Ron Paul

Votes: 6 27.3%
  • Newt Gingrich

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mike Huckabee

Votes: 1 4.5%
  • Mitch Daniels

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Tim Pawlenty

Votes: 2 9.1%
  • Herman Cain

Votes: 3 13.6%
  • Curly Howard

• Moe Howard

• Someone Else

Votes: 4 18.2%

• Total voters

JimH52

Diamond Member
Oct 14, 2007
US
I think the GOP has a problem right now, The front runner has a "Health Care" problem. Romney seems pretty week. Ron Paul is interesting, but his policies are so far out of the main stream, I don't see him even getting to double digits. Gingrich may as well forget it with his morality problems. Huckabee may not even run. I heard that W and some of the GOP establishment are backing Mitch Daniels, but he hasn't announced and some feel that he won't. Who will be the GOP nominee?

Ron Paul is the only one I would not place in the Tweedle Dee/Tweedle Dum category.

This is getting very bizarre. What's going on with the GOP? A new version of "Don't ask...Don't tell?"

Common wisdom in the last three presidential elections was that it takes at least two years to run for president.

This is hard to figure out. Either these guys are misunderestimating Obama and feel all they have to do is show up last minute OR they feel they really have no chance and don't want to waste the money it will take to do respectably.

I know one thing that might have affected the very recent decisions not to jump in is the killing of Bin Ladin. It gave Obama a huge bounce in the polls and probably added another month to the waiting game before the luster wears off The Prez. The way it is now there might not be a serious GOP debate on a top network for a month or more. Oh wait..there was a GOP debate of sorts... What happened? Crickets.... That's what happened.. NO NEWS COVERAGE!!

"T" thinks it is too early? By what standard? Last time we were already 6 months into the race.

My sense is that these morons will claim it is too early until it is really TOO LATE!!!:eek:

This is getting very bizarre. What's going on with the GOP? A new version of "Don't ask...Don't tell?"

Common wisdom in the last three presidential elections was that it takes at least two years to run for president.

This is hard to figure out. Either these guys are misunderestimating Obama and feel all they have to do is show up last minute OR they feel they really have no chance and don't want to waste the money it will take to do respectably.

I know one thing that might have affected the very recent decisions not to jump in is the killing of Bin Ladin. It gave Obama a huge bounce in the polls and probably added another month to the waiting game before the luster wears off The Prez. The way it is now there might not be a serious GOP debate on a top network for a month or more. Oh wait..there was a GOP debate of sorts... What happened? Crickets.... That's what happened.. NO NEWS COVERAGE!!

"T" thinks it is too early? By what standard? Last time we were already 6 months into the race.

My sense is that these morons will claim it is too early until it is really TOO LATE!!!:eek:

Obama is NOT unbeatable.

I think the GOP has a problem right now, The front runner has a "Health Care" problem. Romney seems pretty week. Ron Paul is interesting, but his policies are so far out of the main stream, I don't see him even getting to double digits. Gingrich may as well forget it with his morality problems. Huckabee may not even run. I heard that W and some of the GOP establishment are backing Mitch Daniels, but he hasn't announced and some feel that he won't. Who will be the GOP nominee?

Of the ones you mentioned, I would think Pawlenty or Daniels, as of this post. There is much time for change to happen as candidates reveal their vision of America and how we are going to begin getting there. Still way too soon to tell.

Of the ones you mentioned, I would think Pawlenty or Daniels, as of this post. There is much time for change to happen as candidates reveal their vision of America and how we are going to begin getting there. Still way too soon to tell.

I am in Herman Cain's corner. (But I won't VOTE in this poll). Too early by a stretch...

I am in Herman Cain's corner. (But I won't VOTE in this poll). Too early by a stretch...

well dont leave me hanging here! Im the lone cane vote.

Actually, after reading up on Daniels, he seems to hold the most reasonable stances and nothing really stands out as being negative. The only shortcoming I see is his lack of foreign policy credentials. But Clinton, W and Obama didn't have any either, did they?

well dont leave me hanging here! Im the lone cane vote.

You got it. *I* voted. ;)

The GOP demographics in the primaries are wayyyyyyy different than on this forum. That said, from what I hear the old line want Mitch Daniels, the middle wants Mitt Romney, and the kids want the other kids. In GOP primaries its the old folks who call the shots (McCain beating Mitt is proof of that). The MSM can whine and promote and obfuscate and whine some more, but in November, it will be Mitt v Obama. The only way that won't happen is if Chris Christie jumps in, then Christie wins, hands-down.

The GOP demographics in the primaries are wayyyyyyy different than on this forum. That said, from what I hear the old line want Mitch Daniels, the middle wants Mitt Romney, and the kids want the other kids. In GOP primaries its the old folks who call the shots (McCain beating Mitt is proof of that). The MSM can whine and promote and obfuscate and whine some more, but in November, it will be Mitt v Obama. The only way that won't happen is if Chris Christie jumps in, then Christie wins, hands-down.

Interesting, but it seems that Daniiels is gaining a significant backing, from what I hear. That includes some major funding sources. Mitt seems to be overreaching in an attempt to prove that he is not that monster who started the health care Debaucle.

Interesting, but it seems that Daniels is gaining a significant backing, from what I hear. That includes some major funding sources. Mitt seems to be overreaching in an attempt to prove that he is not that monster who started the health care Debaucle.

True, Daniels can ante-up, but so can Mitt. Have you heard about Daniel's wife problem? Sounds like some wayyy-cool SNL skits in the offing if he jumps in.

As for Mitt, all he has to say is that he won a race in MA, he can win across the US. The healthcare debate is still on-going, we need to try different things to see what works and what doesn't. He could say that Paul Ryan's plan is DOA and would cost the GOP dearly. The GOP needs a better plan, one that is workable. The Debaucle is what we have now, its going bankrupt. Adding 30,000,000 more to a bankrupt system is moronic. Stay tuned. The healthcare debate should be interesting. Who better to debate Obama on healthcare???

Interesting, but it seems that Daniels is gaining a significant backing, from what I hear. That includes some major funding sources. Mitt seems to be overreaching in an attempt to prove that he is not that monster who started the health care Debaucle.

True, Daniels can ante-up, but so can Mitt. Have you heard about Daniel's wife problem? Sounds like some wayyy-cool SNL skits in the offing if he jumps in.

As for Mitt, all he has to say is that he won a race in MA, he can win across the US. The healthcare debate is still on-going, we need to try different things to see what works and what doesn't. He could say that Paul Ryan's plan is DOA and would cost the GOP dearly. The GOP needs a better plan, one that is workable. The Debaucle is what we have now, its going bankrupt. Adding 30,000,000 more to a bankrupt system is moronic. Stay tuned. The healthcare debate should be interesting. Who better to debate Obama on healthcare???

What will DOG Mitt is Obama Touting RomneyCare as a matter of course...

Which is more close to workable? Obamacare is getting blown out of the water in Courts. At least Romneycare was tried. The WSJ had an article today putting things in perspective. Romneycare is workable with higher co-pays and fewer freebies. No one gets "something for nothing".

Which is more close to workable? Obamacare is getting blown out of the water in Courts. At least Romneycare was tried. The WSJ had an article today putting things in perspective. Romneycare is workable with higher co-pays and fewer freebies. No one gets "something for nothing".

Maybe...

Romneycare proves failure

Healthcare is NOT a right...it's a business...and a RESPONSIBILITY of the people to look for it at a price that suits them in the free market.

To ALL Gubmint...Hands off.

Forum List

Back